Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

The paradox at the heart of the club

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

The so called "Purist Group" was devised following a good long look at the inhabitants of this little forum... and the names I put on the list were the people I felt were the true grassroot supporters this club will ultimately need to survive and prosper .... along with a few more folk of course for whom I didn''t have space to include.

I repeat what I have always said... someone who does not have the same love of the City and County itself... the Cathedral... the Castle... the Guildhall .. the Broads... the stunning coastline... the dramatic history and the River Wensum which flows through it''s heart cannot possibly understand what Norwich City Football Club is really about.... and where it''s roots lie. Compared to us PURISTS your support is shallow and unsubstantial and based only on a fraction of the whole. Like your "saviour" before you, you are riding on the back of something which doesn''t now and never could ever belong to you. It''s a birthright which can never be owned by buying a ticket or a handful of Monopoly money club shares. Heritage quite simply is not for sale.

Support our club by all means from your far flung destinations.... but unless you were born or have spent much of your childhood growing up here you will never understand the true ethos of NCFC and it''s deep connection with the people of the area. Quite simply you just don''t get it.

Sorry... but this is a fact .... and all of the whingeing and whineing you may wish to make will never alter what exists already.........

[/quote]What arrant, pretentious and supercilious nonsense. Despite you resiling every time somebody seriously challenges you, I have little doubt that the above represents your true feelings.I have all the qualifications you describe and can trace my Norfolk ancestry back to Alderman Norman and considerably beyond but I do not harbour any illusions that I am a ''better'', ''purer'' or ''more authentic'' supporter of the football club than somebody who has come from the other side of the world to study at the UEA and fallen in love with the City or the Club. I salute particularly, those who have, for whatever reason, to live away from the area and face long and expensive journeys to support their club.You are sadly mistaken, the Club does not belong to you or me or those who hold a particular qualification by birth or history. In legal terms, of course, it belongs to the shareholders and probably the mortgage lenders/ loan providers; in emotional terms it ''belongs'' to its supporters whether they be class A, card carrying, Norvicensians or ''incomers'' attracted by the ''family'' image and high class catering. Every opinion, unless scurrilous, defamatory or illegal is valid- yes, even yours- it is just that your superiority complex, sarcasm and puerile insults detract from whatever reasoned points you seek to express.By all means laugh at me and claim that I have fallen for your trolling- I really don''t care- but perhaps you should stand back and take a look at how foolish you make yourself look and consider whether you are contributing anything constructive to any of the debate on this board.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

The so called "Purist Group" was devised following a good long look at the inhabitants of this little forum... and the names I put on the list were the people I felt were the true grassroot supporters this club will ultimately need to survive and prosper .... along with a few more folk of course for whom I didn''t have space to include.

I repeat what I have always said... someone who does not have the same love of the City and County itself... the Cathedral... the Castle... the Guildhall .. the Broads... the stunning coastline... the dramatic history and the River Wensum which flows through it''s heart cannot possibly understand what Norwich City Football Club is really about.... and where it''s roots lie. Compared to us PURISTS your support is shallow and unsubstantial and based only on a fraction of the whole. Like your "saviour" before you, you are riding on the back of something which doesn''t now and never could ever belong to you. It''s a birthright which can never be owned by buying a ticket or a handful of Monopoly money club shares. Heritage quite simply is not for sale.

Support our club by all means from your far flung destinations.... but unless you were born or have spent much of your childhood growing up here you will never understand the true ethos of NCFC and it''s deep connection with the people of the area. Quite simply you just don''t get it.

Sorry... but this is a fact .... and all of the whingeing and whineing you may wish to make will never alter what exists already.........

[/quote]

Good  work clucky!

[/quote]

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel [:)][;)]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

What arrant, pretentious and supercilious nonsense.

Despite you resiling every time somebody seriously challenges you, I have little doubt that the above represents your true feelings.

I have all the qualifications you describe and can trace my Norfolk ancestry back to Alderman Norman and considerably beyond but I do not harbour any illusions that I am a ''better'', ''purer'' or ''more authentic'' supporter of the football club than somebody who has come from the other side of the world to study at the UEA and fallen in love with the City or the Club. I salute particularly, those who have, for whatever reason, to live away from the area and face long and expensive journeys to support their club.

You are sadly mistaken, the Club does not belong to you or me or those who hold a particular qualification by birth or history. In legal terms, of course, it belongs to the shareholders and probably the mortgage lenders/ loan providers; in emotional terms it ''belongs'' to its supporters whether they be class A, card carrying, Norvicensians or ''incomers'' attracted by the ''family'' image and high class catering. Every opinion, unless scurrilous, defamatory or illegal is valid- yes, even yours- it is just that your superiority complex, sarcasm and puerile insults detract from whatever reasoned points you seek to express.

By all means laugh at me and claim that I have fallen for your trolling- I really don''t care- but perhaps you should stand back and take a look at how foolish you make yourself look and consider whether you are contributing anything constructive to any of the debate on this board.

[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it.....

Fiddle away while the City burns.... and close the door behind you when you leave........

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

Glad you enjoyed it.....

Fiddle away while the City burns.... and close the door behind you when you leave........

[/quote]Phenomenally weak retort, even for you.[/quote]Whilst being reasonably unperturbed by Cluck and his retorts, which actually when you look at them are in two basic forms, "go back to your school, dreams about the club, social network site, etc and leave us big hitters to carry on the cause", or, " spot on Smudge, Butler, etc, my old mate, these other fools know nothing", I think the fact that he never discusses football is highly pertinent. Even Smudger can''t resist an opinion about players and tactics, whereas Cluck only ever talks about the administration and management of the club, oh and he mentioned Michael Owen once. He obviously knows jack about the game and is only on here to massage his own ridiculous self importance through a reasonably benign and occasionally recpetive media. Poor sad old bloke, perhaps he hasn''t got a garden or is sh*t at bowls.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

Glad you enjoyed it.....

[/quote]

Phenomenally weak retort, even for you.
[/quote]

Whilst being reasonably unperturbed by Cluck and his retorts, which actually when you look at them are in two basic forms, "go back to your school, dreams about the club, social network site, etc and leave us big hitters to carry on the cause", or, " spot on Smudge, Butler, etc, my old mate, these other fools know nothing", I think the fact that he never discusses football is highly pertinent.

Even Smudger can''t resist an opinion about players and tactics, whereas Cluck only ever talks about the administration and management of the club, oh and he mentioned Michael Owen once. He obviously knows jack about the game and is only on here to massage his own ridiculous self importance through a reasonably benign and occasionally recpetive media. Poor sad old bloke, perhaps he hasn''t got a garden or is sh*t at bowls.
[/quote]

And although you no doubt contribute to the odd football related thread it seems you struggle in many to not have a pop at the aged. Says alot about you sonshine.

And although you no doubt contribute to the odd football related thread it seems you struggle in many to not have a pop at the aged. Says alot about you sonshine.

To be fair neither does he engage in vast degrading homoerotic diatribes about onanism with another poster for all ages to read, so, you know, swings and roundabouts...

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

To be fair neither does he engage in vast degrading homoerotic diatribes about onanism with another poster for all ages to read, so, you know, swings and roundabouts...

[/quote]

I''m not sure what you are referring to.

I''d just like to add i couldn''t give a hoot about what tickles you in the bedroom i just wish gays didn''t have to shout it from the roof tops but i must admit i enjoyed the party at the Forum it was very shall we say ''colourful''. Don''t forget that if your lucky you''ll be an old coffin dodger like me.[:D]

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think i''ve ever seen you talk about masterbation lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can''t recall the exact post title and it may have been removed, but it was the subject matter for Butler''s "Purists/Resignation". A heartwarming back and forth that did Sir AW and Smudger proud...

Sir Arthur Whittle OBE, CBE, OAP.

Jeeeeeeesus Arthur......clocking up the honours here now aren''t you?.......What did you have to do to earn the OAP then?

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can''t recall the exact post title and it may have been removed, but it was the subject matter for Butler''s "Purists/Resignation". A heartwarming back and forth that did Sir AW and Smudger proud...

[/quote]

We may well have been just a bunch of w*****s ..... but we filled a bucket inside two hours.... and without a tea break.

The pure blood Can-arian race is finally on the rise again.........

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We may well have been just a bunch of w*****s ..... but we filled a bucket inside two hours.... and without a tea break.

[/quote]

Disturbing on so many levels!

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No sorry still not with you. If by referring to a blow up doll and what smudger likes to do to it is homophobic than i stand guilty. What gays do in the bedroom and referring to what they do does not constitute homophobia but merely discussing their actions, rather like most lads talking crap in the pub on a Saturday night with reference of what they claim to do with the missus.[:D]

No sorry still not with you. If by referring to a blow up doll and what smudger likes to do to it is homophobic than i stand guilty. What gays do in the bedroom and referring to what they do does not constitute homophobia but merely discussing their actions, rather like most lads talking crap in the pub on a Saturday night with reference of what they claim to do with the missus.[:D]

I didn''t mention homophobia... The fact that the two of you got so into what each other might be up to in your hastily constructed fantasy environment led me to a rather different conclusion.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But that''s what makes me so loveable and cuddly isn''t it? ..........

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But that''s what makes me so loveable and cuddly isn''t it? ..........

[/quote]

Indeed, like a barbed-wire coated Winnie-The-Pooh.

Sir A Your memory must be going as well then. Check for the thread again if you can find it.

It''s also one thing to brag with mates in the pub another to print it on a web site read by families.

Or have general standards dropped that much.

And before you say it I am not a prude or lead a sheltered life, just a bit old fashioned perhaps.

I didn''t mention homophobia... The fact that the two of you got so into what each other might be up to in your hastily constructed fantasy environment led me to a rather different conclusion.

[/quote]

OK but whats that got to do with blatant ageism? I was having a good giggle the other night with smudge and so were most others but there seems to be a real acceptance to mock old timers yet its the most senseless of all hatreds if you think about it.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Sir A Your memory must be going as well then. Check for the thread again if you can find it.

It''s also one thing to brag with mates in the pub another to print it on a web site read by families.

Or have general standards dropped that much.

And before you say it I am not a prude or lead a sheltered life, just a bit old fashioned perhaps.

[/quote]

If you mean by the language and what we were referring to than yes i over stepped the mark.

OK but whats that got to do with blatant ageism? I was having a good giggle the other night with smudge and so were most others but there seems to be a real acceptance to mock old timers yet its the most senseless of all hatreds if you think about it.

But the point is, yes, your comments the other night were meant as a joke and your intention wasn''t to offend anyone. However, equally as you are now on the receiving end of what could just as easily be flippant remarks you shout ageism. You can''t expect people to give your jokes leeway and expect zero tolerance when someone elses joke strikes too close to home.

But the point is, yes, your comments the other night were meant as a joke and your intention wasn''t to offend anyone. However, equally as you are now on the receiving end of what could just as easily be flippant remarks you shout ageism. You can''t expect people to give your jokes leeway and expect zero tolerance when someone elses joke strikes too close to home.

[/quote]

No. Your missing the point. I mock myself about me being old and the truth is it doesn''t bother me to an extent but when one individual continues to use it in nearly every thread than i will question his point. If it was on occasion even but in the last few days i have listened to reference of smelling like Pee, Playing bowls, going senile and coffin dodging. All funny and probably true but the same culprit is becoming a scratched record and using it to insult instead of banter. Overstepping the mark i''d say.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Totally agree Arthur............

Now add the letters DOG to your username........

Doddery old git! [;)]

[/quote]

As they say about old Dogs......[:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Lambo"]You know that little list of people you mention making great posts? Add your name to that list [Y][/quote]

It''s interesting that you would seem to wish ''to slime'' your way into Beauseant''s good books, as by your action you have highlighted the one quite necessarily sour moment in an otherwise thoughtful and well-constucted article.

Canary Charge was simply having a little harmless fun - like many of the rest of us. But you sir/madam, I suspect are rather too serious.

But still. One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Well I found it all highly amusing. Especially the bit where you all ended up falling out with eachother.

I love the way you are all pretending it was all a joke in order to save face now. Nora had the lot of ya[Y]

Power to the trolls[;)]

[/quote]

Oh?

Did Cluck have me too Nutty?  [:^)]

Nice to see Beau questioning how people should be behaving as fans of NCFC again.

Loan City, Shyster, Myself and any one else brave enough to still say what they they see (as in this squad not being strong enough to win promotion) are just as entitled as anybody else to raise their viewpoint.

I say take a look at who has been closest with what they have predicted over the last few seasons and come back and raise the same points again after about 10 games of the coming season have been played.

PS - In the meantime Smudger will be planning a couple of away trips to judge for himself our new hero''s.  He will be behind the team, but will also feel fully entitled to shout a few Delia Out''s if he does not like what he sees.

No. Your missing the point. I mock myself about me being old and the truth is it doesn''t bother me to an extent but when one individual continues to use it in nearly every thread than i will question his point. If it was on occasion even but in the last few days i have listened to reference of smelling like Pee, Playing bowls, going senile and coffin dodging. All funny and probably true but the same culprit is becoming a scratched record and using it to insult instead of banter. Overstepping the mark i''d say.

Ok, fair point, if the poster is doing it every time it gets annoying. I haven''t noticed any particular trend, but to be fair, I''m not the target so you tend to gloss over things that don''t interest or affect yourself. My impression was that you were playing the age card unneccesarily but if someone''s bringing it up every time you''ve got every right to have a ping back.

If you remember of course... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Lambo"]You know that little list of people you mention making great posts? Add your name to that list [Y][/quote]

It''s interesting that you would seem to wish ''to slime'' your way into Beauseant''s good books, as by your action you have highlighted the one quite necessarily sour moment in an otherwise thoughtful and well-constucted article.

Canary Charge was simply having a little harmless fun - like many of the rest of us. But you sir/madam, I suspect are rather too serious.

But still. One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Well I found it all highly amusing. Especially the bit where you all ended up falling out with eachother.

I love the way you are all pretending it was all a joke in order to save face now. Nora had the lot of ya[Y]

Power to the trolls[;)]

[/quote]

Oh?

Nice to see Beau questioning how people should be behaving as fans of NCFC again.

Loan City, Shyster, Myself and any one else brave enough to still say what they they see (as in this squad not being strong enough to win promotion) are just as entitled as anybody else to raise their viewpoint.

I say take a look at who has been closest with what they have predicted over the last few seasons and come back and raise the same points again after about 10 games of the coming season have been played.

PS - In the meantime Smudger will be planning a couple of away trips to judge for himself our new hero''s.  He will be behind the team, but will also feel fully entitled to shout a few Delia Out''s if he does not like what he sees.

[/quote]Ah, the royal we returns [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But still. One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Power to the trolls[;)]

[/quote]

Oh?

[/quote]

And why did you have to bring that up in public Smudgie?  I told you at the time I''d had waaaay too much to drink.......

You naughty little minx .........  [:$]  

"Hello Smudgers Wife. What''s for tea?"

"I don''t know Smudger, what do you want?"

"Smudger wants chips"

"Chips it is Smudger"

"Smudger says ''Lovely''. Well done Smudgers Wife."