Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

The paradox at the heart of the club

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

He''d be perfect wouldn''t he! Seems like just the sort of chap to need his moat cleaning or a duck-house building [:)]

[/quote]

Until he''s found asphxiated in womens'' underwear with an orange wedged in his gob.......

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

He''d be perfect wouldn''t he! Seems like just the sort of chap to need his moat cleaning or a duck-house building [:)]

[/quote]

Until he''s found asphxiated in womens'' underwear with an orange wedged in his gob.......

[/quote]

[:D][:D]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Canary02 III"]Great post Beau. Nails hit on head.[/quote]

you really are a gimp!!!

p.s I still hate dogs!
[/quote]

Is the latest ploy to make yourself seem more important to try and goad me into an argument? Jog on son.

p.s. Your signature line still betrays your lack of education.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"I found the recipe for Gob''a''l''orange in a Delia recipe book. It''s all that womans fault I tell you...."

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Lambo"]You know that little list of people you mention making great posts? Add your name to that list [Y][/quote]

It''s interesting that you would seem to wish ''to slime'' your way into Beauseant''s good books, as by your action you have highlighted the one quite necessarily sour moment in an otherwise thoughtful and well-constucted article.

Canary Charge was simply having a little harmless fun - like many of the rest of us. But you sir/madam, I suspect are rather too serious.

But still. One love.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Well I found it all highly amusing. Especially the bit where you all ended up falling out with eachother.

I love the way you are all pretending it was all a joke in order to save face now. Nora had the lot of ya[Y]

Power to the trolls[;)]

[/quote]

Great post Beau (as usual ) .

We are all hoping that whatever corner is being turned that it''s heading us in the right direction at last.

Nutty it''s time to give it a rest. We knew it was a joke it''s a pity you didn''t.

No one fell out as no one had fallen in. The Smudge /Arthur thing was bad but NOTHING to do with Cluck or his purists.

I must also say that you,of all people in your attempt at ridicule step very close to that line of "decency" on a family board. I think I know you are much different than that "as the family man" you undoubtedly are.[:)]

Must go as the Master is expecting the Vicar for tea on the lawn, so must polish the silver.

[/quote]

We have the same hopes every season. Will we be heading in the right direction? We are about due to be. I am more confident  than I was at that St Andrews Hall meeting but only when the games start for real will we begin to find out.

Maybe I have been around this messageboard too long Butler my friend. Clucking Nora, as she was formerly known, is a self confessed wind up merchant. A troll. The whole thing amused me and if it embarrassed you then you should have put a stop to it. You didn''t have to be part of that joke, I certainly wouldn''t have wanted to be. So should you really try to take the moral high ground over me?

When I came back from holiday this board was full of anti-club rubbish. I posted on a few football threads and they just fall off the board. As do threads about past players and past games. There''s a little group of posters on here who seem to have no interest in football and many of them were to be found in Nora''s little joke. It''s deemed amusing to ridicule fans who look forward to the new season and going to games but if the boot is on the other foot it''s apparently not amusing to ridicule those who have nothing good to say about the club they supposedly love.

I never shy away from the personal insults, if they come my way I give them back. Trolls and fakes should be shown up for what they are. There''s a place for them, sure there is, but surely not at the expense of showing support for their football club on a football supporters messageboard.

Thank the lord for the haven of the Free Bet. But then that''s another thing that most of clucks purists have no interest in.

[/quote]

I just think you''ve simply been alive too long. The heart might well be beating but the brain has long since decomposed.....

I find it staggering that you cannot grasp the fact that people are willing to have a laugh despite the problems the club is in. What would you rather have.... a shed full of lacklustre sour pusses like you constantly boring the arse off each other? Laugh and the World laughs with you.... cry and you cry alone..... like you.

You I am afraid to say are a fool in every sense of the word and if being up for a harmless bit of fun makes me a troll (to use your geekspeak) ... then so be it. I''m a troll... foldi bloody roll. The truth is that some of your virtual forum friends had the nerve to embrace something you weren''t a part of and so you threw your toys out of the pram. That shows a jealous and controlling nature.

How you can show your face on here again after that little performance I really don''t know.... but as you are....try apologising to those you have offended. Personally I don''t give a sh*t.... but I suspect others do.

Grow up and get your head out of your arse for heavens sake.....

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Canary02 III"]Great post Beau. Nails hit on head.[/quote]

you really are a gimp!!!

p.s I still hate dogs!
[/quote]

Is the latest ploy to make yourself seem more important to try and goad me into an argument? Jog on son.

[/quote]

Latest plot!! i wouldnt waste my breath argueing with you, you the lowest form of a leech... The one that if you take a p!ss in a river you attach ya self...........

As for the signature....ill change it just for you!!  xxx

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

you really are a gimp!!!

p.s I still hate dogs!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Latest plot!! i wouldnt waste my breath argueing with you, you the lowest form of a leech... The one that if you take a p!ss in a river you attach ya self...........

[/quote]

All you have to do is change ''there'' to ''their'' and it will sort of make sense [:)]

you really are a gimp!!!

p.s I still hate dogs!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bless your heart.

x

you really are a gimp!!!

p.s I still hate dogs!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is all this because I''m black?

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

you really are a gimp!!!

p.s I still hate dogs!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Aren''t you the doggie in your piccy?

You look black and brown to me.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

you really are a gimp!!!

p.s I still hate dogs!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Aren''t you the doggie in your piccy?

You look black and brown to me.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s known in doggy circles as black and tan, you furrist you....

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]!

Giggle, giggle ...........

Whhhhheeeeeee........

Giggle, giggle .........

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]!

Whhhhheeeeeee........

Giggle, giggle .........

OTBC

[/quote]

Trying to dislodge that orange? [:)]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]!

Whhhhheeeeeee........

Giggle, giggle .........

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think someone may be tickling the bit of inner thigh above his stocking. Its known as the giggle because if you get that far you''re laughing......

However, your retort is a classic[:D][Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]!

Whhhhheeeeeee........

Giggle, giggle .........

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think someone may be tickling the bit of inner thigh above his stocking. Its known as the giggle because if you get that far you''re laughing......

[/quote]

''......and as Beauseant sashayed MacD swooned.''

End of play.

Final curtain.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]!

Whhhhheeeeeee........

Giggle, giggle .........

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

End of play.

Final curtain.

OTBC

[/quote]

And in the cheap seats Bly knocked back another cup of bile while preparing to pen his latest snipe at people who take themselves "a bit too seriously" on this forum......

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]!

Whhhhheeeeeee........

Giggle, giggle .........

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

End of play.

Final curtain.

OTBC

[/quote]

And in the cheap seats Bly knocked back another cup of bile while preparing to pen his latest snipe at people who take themselves "a bit too seriously" on this forum......

[/quote]

Darn it! I knew it..........

You''re nutty''s long lost twin, aren''t you?

Long hidden away.

Well I''ll be darned!

No wonder there''s the smell of stale urine and hypocrisy around the place these days.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]!

Whhhhheeeeeee........

Giggle, giggle .........

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

End of play.

Final curtain.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Long hidden away.

Well I''ll be darned!

No wonder there''s the smell of stale urine and hypocrisy around the place these days.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh I love it when you prove my points for me! It gives me more time to live my real life.

.To try to drag this back to the excellent original post, as Beauseant

says, there is a serious point to the Purist joke. Indeed, it worked as

a joke precisely because it could have been a real group with some kind

of Norwich City purity as its ambition.But that raises the

question of what this pretend group would want. What would be its

definition of purity? A serious inquiry - I would be interested to hear

from anyone, whether one of the cyberspace Illuminati or not. I have some vague idea as to what is meant, but only by way of soundbites. It''s the reasoned argument bit I''m hoping for. So, for example, is it any of the following?1.

A crowd of 16,000 die-hards without the 8,000 happy-clappy fair-weather

supporters? But why? What is the advantage of having smaller crowds?

And in any event what evidence is there that the happy-clappers are not

die-hards? If they were only here for the good times then season-ticket

sales would have fallen off a cliff as a result of two relegations. But

they have not. Down a bit this year but still astonishingly high (as

compared with Newcastle United...) And more than a third waiving the

rebate. Another remarkable figure.2. A local owner? Presumably

because a local man (or woman?) would "get" Norfolk. But Smith and

Jones "get" Norfolk. Even their fiercest critics acknowledge that.

Indeed I would argue that the appointment of Gunn (the last straw for

me) and his subsequent re-appointment (the straw that broke the last

straw''s back) were irrational choices made because of TOO MUCH respect

for the club''s history.3. But say there is someone local out

there in the Watling/South/Chase mould. Fine. Was the club more "mine"

then? No. Not in the slightest. Actually if anything it''s more "mine"

now, as I own six shares. But when the apparently now sainted Watling

decided to sell off star striker after star striker at knock-down

prices did I have any say in the matter? Not a lot. When South

defenestrated Ron Saunders did the club feel "mine"? No again. It was

the right decision, but that''s not the point. When Chase, whatever his

virtues, endangered the club''s future was I in a position to influence

events? That''s a third no.The truth is that unless you are

advocating some kind of Barcelona-style fans'' co-operative (AND

providing a viable means of achieving that) then you are stuck with the

current system, in which football club are owned by rich people.That

means various things. But the most important thing is this - EVERYTHING

will ALWAYS come down to finance. You may feel a particular owner is

sympatico (and they may be) but in the final analysis that will count

for nothing. They could be from Saxlingham Nethergate or Alpha Centauri

- they will still act the same.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]!

Whhhhheeeeeee........

Giggle, giggle .........

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

End of play.

Final curtain.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Long hidden away.

Well I''ll be darned!

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh I love it when you prove my points for me! It gives me more time to live my real life.

[/quote]

And you have proved my point(s) for me.

You''re just like nutty as (i) you can''t resist taking things too far, (ii) you don''t know when to stop and (iii) you love to dish it out - but can''t take it.

Look at your post count per month - what do you see?

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"].

To try to drag this back to the excellent original post, as Beauseant says, there is a serious point to the Purist joke. Indeed, it worked as a joke precisely because it could have been a real group with some kind of Norwich City purity as its ambition.

But that raises the question of what this pretend group would want. What would be its definition of purity? A serious inquiry - I would be interested to hear from anyone, whether one of the cyberspace Illuminati or not. I have some vague idea as to what is meant, but only by way of soundbites. It''s the reasoned argument bit I''m hoping for. So, for example, is it any of the following?

1. A crowd of 16,000 die-hards without the 8,000 happy-clappy fair-weather supporters? But why? What is the advantage of having smaller crowds? And in any event what evidence is there that the happy-clappers are not die-hards? If they were only here for the good times then season-ticket sales would have fallen off a cliff as a result of two relegations. But they have not. Down a bit this year but still astonishingly high (as compared with Newcastle United...) And more than a third waiving the rebate. Another remarkable figure.

2. A local owner? Presumably because a local man (or woman?) would "get" Norfolk. But Smith and Jones "get" Norfolk. Even their fiercest critics acknowledge that. Indeed I would argue that the appointment of Gunn (the last straw for me) and his subsequent re-appointment (the straw that broke the last straw''s back) were irrational choices made because of TOO MUCH respect for the club''s history.

3. But say there is someone local out there in the Watling/South/Chase mould. Fine. Was the club more "mine" then? No. Not in the slightest. Actually if anything it''s more "mine" now, as I own six shares. But when the apparently now sainted Watling decided to sell off star striker after star striker at knock-down prices did I have any say in the matter? Not a lot. When South defenestrated Ron Saunders did the club feel "mine"? No again. It was the right decision, but that''s not the point. When Chase, whatever his virtues, endangered the club''s future was I in a position to influence events? That''s a third no.

The truth is that unless you are advocating some kind of Barcelona-style fans'' co-operative (AND providing a viable means of achieving that) then you are stuck with the current system, in which football club are owned by rich people.

That means various things. But the most important thing is this - EVERYTHING will ALWAYS come down to finance. You may feel a particular owner is sympatico (and they may be) but in the final analysis that will count for nothing. They could be from Saxlingham Nethergate or Alpha Centauri - they will still act the same.

[/quote]

Excellent stuff PC, and thank God for the return to agenda! When it comes down to it, football clubs will always make decisions based on the judgement of the owners, and while the views of the fans will be considered, they will never override more pressing considerations. As you rightly demonstrate, this is not a new phenomenon.The sale of Reeves still rankles with me now, and in that case the views of the fans were tossed aside. Chase, as we all know, and knew, was under huge pressure from the bank, but this most parochial of characters sold in the face of huge fan discontent with barely a backward glance. Ultimately, football club directors, like any other type, have to make commercial decisions in the best interests of the company, and if those are popular with the fans its a bonus, but not the driving principle.This is a fact regardless of address or place of birth

It has always been like that, but as time and society has moved on, the people at the top of the club have become more human to most supporters ( its difficult to imagine some of the personal abuse aimed at the Wynn-Jones on here being levelled at Sir Arthur, for example) and hence more of a potential target. Cullum, had he riden to the rescue would have made commercial decisions regardless of popularity, because that''s what business people do.

I think that what has created the current schism within the fan base is the way in which the owners have created a veil of secrecy around the internal workings of the club while appearing to milk the public image that they have created. That, coupled with some very bad decisions, has resulted in a massive level of mistrust and punctured the illlusion of the club being run for the benefit of the fans. As you rightly imply, not much has changed in reality, just the way it is presented, and therefore perceived,

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

I just think you''ve simply been alive too long. The heart might well be beating but the brain has long since decomposed.....

I find it staggering that you cannot grasp the fact that people are willing to have a laugh despite the problems the club is in. What would you rather have.... a shed full of lacklustre sour pusses like you constantly boring the arse off each other? Laugh and the World laughs with you.... cry and you cry alone..... like you.

You I am afraid to say are a fool in every sense of the word and if being up for a harmless bit of fun makes me a troll (to use your geekspeak) ... then so be it. I''m a troll... foldi bloody roll. The truth is that some of your virtual forum friends had the nerve to embrace something you weren''t a part of and so you threw your toys out of the pram. That shows a jealous and controlling nature.

How you can show your face on here again after that little performance I really don''t know.... but as you are....try apologising to those you have offended. Personally I don''t give a sh*t.... but I suspect others do.

Grow up and get your head out of your arse for heavens sake.....

[/quote]

I get it now.. It’s a joke on while it suit’s the Queen Troll and her followers but if anyone dares turn it around it’s not a joke anymore. It may amuse some to read that I’ve been alive too long (to use your sense of humour) but if I should retort that your local bone yard would look prettier with you pushing up the daisies I wonder if one of your followers will chastise me for it and expect an apology.

I’m happy to play wherever you others want to play. We could talk football or exchange these “pleasantries”. But in three years on this board I have never seen a post from you about football. All I have seen is posts designed to wind up others which you freely admit is your purpose on this board.

So thank you Nora for making a week of exciting signings more bearable with your jokes. And thanks for helping me through the last depressing season with your jokes and ridicule at the expense of anyone who wanted show the support to their football club. I don’t know how we would have got through it without you.

When I first came on this site, it was a good board for discussion about the team, the players etc.  It is now predominently a place where egos and saddos come on here to wind up other supporters and hammer out their petty arguments.  Shame really.  Nutty, I wouldn''t bother mate.  Those protagonists aren''t interested in the club, they are just weirdos that use a football forum to live out their very strange lives and get some kind of kick from creating little cliques of like minded saddos.

I know it has no place whatsoever on this board these days, but for the record despite my severe reservations about Gunn, I think we could get some heart and soul back into the club and get back to the Norwich that those true fans of us love.

The so called "Purist Group" was devised following a good long look at the inhabitants of this little forum... and the names I put on the list were the people I felt were the true grassroot supporters this club will ultimately need to survive and prosper .... along with a few more folk of course for whom I didn''t have space to include.

I repeat what I have always said... someone who does not have the same love of the City and County itself... the Cathedral... the Castle... the Guildhall .. the Broads... the stunning coastline... the dramatic history and the River Wensum which flows through it''s heart cannot possibly understand what Norwich City Football Club is really about.... and where it''s roots lie. Compared to us PURISTS your support is shallow and unsubstantial and based only on a fraction of the whole. Like your "saviour" before you, you are riding on the back of something which doesn''t now and never could ever belong to you. It''s a birthright which can never be owned by buying a ticket or a handful of Monopoly money club shares. Heritage quite simply is not for sale.

Support our club by all means from your far flung destinations.... but unless you were born or have spent much of your childhood growing up here you will never understand the true ethos of NCFC and it''s deep connection with the people of the area. Quite simply you just don''t get it.

Sorry... but this is a fact .... and all of the whingeing and whineing you may wish to make will never alter what exists already.........

You missed out your deep love for the gentlemens toilets on Tombland and at the bottom of Grapes Hill. Ah, the happy hours you spent there on match days while REAL fans were at Carrow ROAD.

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

The so called "Purist Group" was devised following a good long look at the inhabitants of this little forum... and the names I put on the list were the people I felt were the true grassroot supporters this club will ultimately need to survive and prosper .... along with a few more folk of course for whom I didn''t have space to include.

I repeat what I have always said... someone who does not have the same love of the City and County itself... the Cathedral... the Castle... the Guildhall .. the Broads... the stunning coastline... the dramatic history and the River Wensum which flows through it''s heart cannot possibly understand what Norwich City Football Club is really about.... and where it''s roots lie. Compared to us PURISTS your support is shallow and unsubstantial and based only on a fraction of the whole. Like your "saviour" before you, you are riding on the back of something which doesn''t now and never could ever belong to you. It''s a birthright which can never be owned by buying a ticket or a handful of Monopoly money club shares. Heritage quite simply is not for sale.

Support our club by all means from your far flung destinations.... but unless you were born or have spent much of your childhood growing up here you will never understand the true ethos of NCFC and it''s deep connection with the people of the area. Quite simply you just don''t get it.

Sorry... but this is a fact .... and all of the whingeing and whineing you may wish to make will never alter what exists already.........

So, travelling nearly 400 miles for every home game makes me less of a fan than those who live round the corner and don''t go, eh?  Cluck, you are a complete and utter tool.

[/quote]

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

Good  work clucky!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Excellent stuff PC, and thank God for the return to agenda! When it comes down to it, football clubs will always make decisions based on the judgement of the owners, and while the views of the fans will be considered, they will never override more pressing considerations. As you rightly demonstrate, this is not a new phenomenon.The sale of Reeves still rankles with me now, and in that case the views of the fans were tossed aside. Chase, as we all know, and knew, was under huge pressure from the bank, but this most parochial of characters sold in the face of huge fan discontent with barely a backward glance. Ultimately, football club directors, like any other type, have to make commercial decisions in the best interests of the company, and if those are popular with the fans its a bonus, but not the driving principle.This is a fact regardless of address or place of birth

It has always been like that, but as time and society has moved on, the people at the top of the club have become more human to most supporters ( its difficult to imagine some of the personal abuse aimed at the Wynn-Jones on here being levelled at Sir Arthur, for example) and hence more of a potential target. Cullum, had he riden to the rescue would have made commercial decisions regardless of popularity, because that''s what business people do.

I think that what has created the current schism within the fan base is the way in which the owners have created a veil of secrecy around the internal workings of the club while appearing to milk the public image that they have created. That, coupled with some very bad decisions, has resulted in a massive level of mistrust and punctured the illlusion of the club being run for the benefit of the fans. As you rightly imply, not much has changed in reality, just the way it is presented, and therefore perceived,

[/quote].Beau, I entirely take your point about perception. One obvious

example of that is catering at NCFC. If we had the same number of

catering facilities but were owned by a scrap metal merchant no-one

would think twice about it, or might even approve. Because we''re owned

by a chef there is this idea that too much emphasis is placed on that

aspect of the operation.The other point I left out of my

original post for reasons of length is that I suspect the kind of

hands-on fan/owner exemplified by Smith and Jones is becoming if not

extinct then at least an endangered species. Peter Cullum (and this is

not a criticism of him) would have of necessity been an absentee owner,

at least for some years. The same is almost certainly going to be true

of Markus Liebherr at Southampton.Finally, what is significant,

in a "dog that didn''t bark" kind of way, is that so far no Purist

has answered my original post. There is something later on from St

Cluck but there are two problems with it. It makes no attempt to

provide an answer; it is just a soundbite, with no argument behind it.

Secondly, on the basis of that soundbite definition of a true supporter

I can think of one person who would make the perfect owner. Someone who

fits St Cluck''s bill perfectly and more. Someone who knows, without

resorting to Wiki, how many RNLI gold medals were won by Henry Blogg,

someone who can name THAT Vicar of Stiffkey, and someone who even knows

Julian of Norwich was a woman. Someone who purer that the purist

Purist. The problem is, that person is me. And I really don''t think St

Cluck would find that an appealing prospect!

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

It''s just football message board clique stuff.  Same on every football board that we know.

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]What arrant, pretentious and supercilious nonsense. Despite you resiling every time somebody seriously challenges you, I have little doubt that the above represents your true feelings.I have all the qualifications you describe and can trace my Norfolk ancestry back to Alderman Norman and considerably beyond but I do not harbour any illusions that I am a ''better'', ''purer'' or ''more authentic'' supporter of the football club than somebody who has come from the other side of the world to study at the UEA and fallen in love with the City or the Club. I salute particularly, those who have, for whatever reason, to live away from the area and face long and expensive journeys to support their club.You are sadly mistaken, the Club does not belong to you or me. In legal terms, of course, it belongs to the shareholders and probably the mortgage lenders/ loan providers; in emotional terms it ''belongs'' to its supporters whether they be class A, card carrying, Norvicensians or ''incomers'' attracted by the ''family'' image and high class catering. Every opinion, unless scurrilous, defamatory or illegal is valid- yes, even yours- it is just that your superiority complex, sarcasm and puerile insults detract from whatever valid points you seek to express.By all means laugh at me and claim that I have fallen for your trolling- I really don''t care- but perhaps you should stand back and take a look at how foolish you make yourself look and consider whether you are contributing anything constructive to any of the debate on this board.