Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

hahaha all the usual suspects...

[quote user="BIC"]
Of course, all those privatisations were made because of the upcoming spending those industries would have to make. Funny how that even knowing this, a raft of Tory CRIMINALS made large numbers of illegal applications for shares in some of those privatisations. Strange thing to do if you think you''re going to lose money.

[/quote]

You show your ignorance of the stock market. Years ago shares that were floating were priced for a premium whether they were ex nationalised industries or not.

BTW. what do you think of Labour politicians abusing their expenses? What do you think of the morality of labour MPs who claim the for food (and I believe in at least one case the maximum) while living at home or their second base? If they are in effect at either home then the cost of food should come from their salary and not expenses dont you think?

[quote user="BIC"] In fact we were far worse in debt after they left than before, especially after the fantastic economic policies that were implemented, incuding losing nearly 3.5 BILLION POUNDS in ONE DAY to backing a losing horse and trying unsuccessfully to prop up the pound.
[/quote]

I thought all the main parties were in agreement that the UK should join the European snake thingy!

How do you know it was £3.5bn? Did you count it all?

[quote user="BIC"]
Thatcher''s government and the Tory governments that followed were some of the most inept and corrupt to rule this country in recent times. I''ll be celebrating when those scumbags finally die off because they never had OUR interests at heart.
[/quote]

and the current Labour bunch do?  

[quote user="TFA"]

[quote user="BIC"]Lest we forget. We OWNED those businesses. Now we DON''T. Just what was done with the money the government raised by selling OUR things.... Absolutely NOTHING. [/quote]

The money was used to pay the benefit bill.

[/quote]And who was on those benefits? 3 million people reaping the wonders of that incredibly bouyant enonomy the Tories gave us. Fact is, the Tories pissed away north sea oil and the utilities and gacve us an underperforming public sector, the biggest gap between rich and poor since Victorian times and more social unrest in our pigsty inner cities than before or since. Now people want to vote them back in becuase they''ve forgotten what it was like, unless they were ric in the 80''s and want more of the same unbridled greed and self interest to flourish again. Which it will will a bunch of Eton old boys in charge, how''s that for democracy, the government pretty much all coming from same fecking school.

[quote user="BIC"][quote user="The Butler"]

And Anthony Blair and Co have/had our interests at heart?

Ye gods how bent do they need to be before people realise that the majority of the modern politicians are corupt, and only MP''s for what they can get out of it.

Funny Blairs expenses got shredded isn''t it.[:D]

Who ever gets in blames the ones who went before. The only losers us mugs who vote whoever in.

Long live the revolution!!!!

[/quote]

You''ll have to think a bit more deeply to start categorising my political beliefs.

[/quote]

Anarchist?

Living on a different planet Green?  Somebody should tell them that part of the NHS has already been privatised years ago... alot of GPs operate in partnerships.

BTW. Communism doesn''t work unless you are the dictator, try North Korea!

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="TFA"]

[quote user="BIC"]Lest we forget. We OWNED those businesses. Now we DON''T. Just what was done with the money the government raised by selling OUR things.... Absolutely NOTHING. [/quote]

The money was used to pay the benefit bill.

[/quote]

Which it will will a bunch of Eton old boys in charge, how''s that for democracy, the government pretty much all coming from same fecking school.
[/quote]

Thank god they dont come from Earlham Academy!

You''re a snob TFA, thought the NCISA was a broad church, obviously for you Eton can produce leaders but working class communities can''t. 

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

William Hague.... top man. Takes no prisoners and has done it all in the private sector.

Well worth voting Tory just to get him into power.

[/quote]

ROFPMSL.  Good one.
[/quote]

And this from someone who has never had a job .... has no clue of life outside of the protected education bubble ... and who has been blagging off the tax payer for years in the hope of claiming a highly paid job one day off our backs?

You really don''t have a clue schoolboy ..... and I hope when the Tories get back in they put their boot up the arse of malingerers like yourself and demand some pay back......

Personally I can''t wait to hear the squeals........

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

William Hague.... top man. Takes no prisoners and has done it all in the private sector.

[/quote]ROFPMSL.  Good one.[/quote]

And this from someone who has never had a job .... has no clue of life outside of the protected education bubble ... and who has been blagging off the tax payer for years in the hope of claiming a highly paid job one day off our backs?

You really don''t have a clue schoolboy ..... and I hope when the Tories get back in they put their boot up the arse of malingerers like yourself and demand some pay back......

[/quote]Whatever.  I still have the same vote as you do. And doesn''t it stick in your throat!If William Hague was so good he wouldn''t have bombed in the 2001 election would he?

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]You''re presumably jealous because your 2 CSEs couldn''t get you in [;)]

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

ROFPMSL.  Good one.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re presumably jealous because your 2 CSEs couldn''t get you in [;)]
[/quote]

I bought mine fair and square...... and they were A levels thank you very much....... [;)]

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

ROFPMSL.  Good one.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Whatever.  I still have the same vote as you do. And doesn''t it stick in your throat!

If William Hague was so good he wouldn''t have bombed in the 2001 election would he?
[/quote]

It doesn''t stick in my throat at all as the Green Party (formerley known as the wet behind the ears CND) you will probably vote for will never have a prayer here in the UK....

As for William Hague? A brilliant brain and a a wicked sense of humour...... his only fault being he rose through the political ranks too soon. He will be PM one day for sure.... and be just as superb as Margaret Thatcher when he does.......

[quote user="shortfatb"]You''re a snob TFA, thought the NCISA was a broad church, obviously for you Eton can produce leaders but working class communities can''t. 
[/quote]

Wrong about the snob thing.  I''m not bothered about what school the political leadership comes from as long as they are competent. Unlike some of you who go on about Eaton.

As for my comment about Earlham Academy (ex High School), have you met any of the people who go to that school?  Do you expect 15-20 of this year''s output  to go reach the dizzy heights of the UK cabinet?  

Tangible Fixed Assets wrote

Wrong about the snob thing.  I''m not bothered about what school the political leadership comes from as long as they are competent. Unlike some of you who go on about Eaton.

As for my comment about Earlham Academy (ex High School), have you met any of the people who go to that school?  Do you expect 15-20 of this year''s output  to go reach the dizzy heights of the UK cabinet?

I have no idea whether any of this year''s output will make it big somewhere, but you''ve already decided they won''t. Heaven helps anyone who applies to your company with the Academy on their CV if you are involved in recruitment. I went through the Blyth-Jex experiment of the 70''s and was sent there from West Earlham, but I''ve been reasonably successful despite a useless secondary education.  Not everyone from Eton makes it, they just have a Dad who''ll pay their bills if they don''t.

St. Cluck wrote:

That sounds exactly like William Hague to me! 

[quote user="shortfatb"]St. Cluck wrote:

That sounds exactly like William Hague to me! [/quote]

Sounds like 75% of all MP''s to me.

"Power to the people!"

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="BIC"][quote user="The Butler"]

Ye gods how bent do they need to be before people realise that the majority of the modern politicians are corupt, and only MP''s for what they can get out of it.

Who ever gets in blames the ones who went before. The only losers us mugs who vote whoever in.

[/quote]

You''ll have to think a bit more deeply to start categorising my political beliefs.

[/quote]

Anarchist?

Living on a different planet Green?  Somebody should tell them that part of the NHS has already been privatised years ago... alot of GPs operate in partnerships.

[/quote]

So they''re the only two choices are they TFA? A tyrannical dictatorship masquerading as a communist state or a toff dominated self serving oligarchy - you sure there can''t be anything in between? Ever heard of thinking for yourself? Ha ha - [:D][:D] 

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]Whatever.  I still have the same vote as you do. And doesn''t it stick in your throat!If William Hague was so good he wouldn''t have bombed in the 2001 election would he?[/quote]

It doesn''t stick in my throat at all as the Green Party (formerley known as the wet behind the ears CND) you will probably vote for will never have a prayer here in the UK....

As for William Hague? A brilliant brain and a a wicked sense of humour...... his only fault being he rose through the political ranks too soon. He will be PM one day for sure.... and be just as superb as Margaret Thatcher when he does.......

[/quote]You may have missed his tenure as England Manager, sorry Tory Leader,  it was from 1997-2001.  I doubt he''ll get a second chance.Anyway a fan of Thatcher accuses others of having a mother fixation? 

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

It seems to me that nowadays politicians are no longer seen or see themselves as Statesmen and are only in it for themselves.

[/quote]

I''m not sure it''s a new thing. Seems to be a time-honoured tradition.

[quote user="shortfatb"]St. Cluck wrote:

That sounds exactly like William Hague to me! [/quote]

You don''t know what you''re talking about really, do you ? 

I think you are right mac although the very nature the UK found itself even as little as  60 years ago would suggest MP''s like Churchill did genuinely see themselves as leaders but i suppose some would argue the case for that patronising plank Blair. I''m pretty sure the public purse has had dirty hands in it since day one.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]I think you are right mac although the very nature the UK found itself even as little as  60 years ago would suggest MP''s like Churchill did genuinely see themselves as leaders but i suppose some would argue the case for that patronising plank Blair. I''m pretty sure the public purse has had dirty hands in it since day one.[/quote]

I think you''re right although we''re both obviously generalising to an extent; I think that there are undoubtedly a few (from both sides of the fence) around now who (whether I agree with their politics or not) are in it as a result of genuine conviction/principles and another I would point to (perhaps naively) from the era you''re talking about would be Anuerin Bevan (NHS) but on the whole it has been the history of a load of privileged tossers trying to squeeze what they can from the public purse.  

Anarchist?

So they''re the only two choices are they TFA? A tyrannical dictatorship masquerading as a communist state or a toff dominated self serving oligarchy - you sure there can''t be anything in between? Ever heard of thinking for yourself? Ha ha - [:D][:D] 

I didn''t make a long list McDougalls perm as i dint want to stretch your memory cell. Lol!

Our MPs are doing a fantastic job of living up to your description of them today Arthur. Although I would have thought you should have learned your lesson about using such naughty words the other night. You''ll have the puritans on to you [;)]

First they decide that they should each be able to claim up to £9,125 a year for ''subsistence payments'' without so much as a single receipt [:@]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5920660/MPs-ignore-public-anger-and-give-themselves-9000-expenses-deal-by-stealth.html

Then they take two members of the armed forces to court in a pathetic attempt to cut their compensation payments following serious injury. Classy [:|]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/jul/28/mod-appeal-injured-soldiers-compensation

But never fear folks for we''re about to be saved from these corrupt tossers. That''s right, our saviour is riding into Luton to give our greedy politicians a bloody nose (presumably with a carrot amusingly shaped like a cock and balls [:D]).

[8] What''s that coming over the hill, it''s..............erm Esther Rantzen [8]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/jul/28/esther-rantzen-stands-for-parliament

We''re doomed. Doomed I tells ya [:''(][:''(][:''(]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Our MPs are doing a fantastic job of living up to your description of them today Arthur. Although I would have thought you should have learned your lesson about using such naughty words the other night. You''ll have the puritans on to you [;)]

First they decide that they should each be able to claim up to £9,125 a year for ''subsistence payments'' without so much as a single receipt [:@]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5920660/MPs-ignore-public-anger-and-give-themselves-9000-expenses-deal-by-stealth.html

Then they take two members of the armed forces to court in a pathetic attempt to cut their compensation payments following serious injury. Classy [:|]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/jul/28/mod-appeal-injured-soldiers-compensation

[/quote]

That says it all Shack Attack.

BTW. What about MPs claiming food allowance whilst staying at home or their second base.

[quote user="shortfatb"]Tangible Fixed Assets wrote

I have no idea whether any of this year''s output will make it big somewhere, but you''ve already decided they won''t. Heaven helps anyone who applies to your company with the Academy on their CV if you are involved in recruitment. I went through the Blyth-Jex experiment of the 70''s and was sent there from West Earlham, but I''ve been reasonably successful despite a useless secondary education.  Not everyone from Eton makes it, they just have a Dad who''ll pay their bills if they don''t.

[/quote]

I mentioned Earlham Academy/High School, just to be as biased against a school as people who are anti Eton.. As I have said before, what is relevant is whether our political leadership are competent not what school they attended.

As for Earlham, I am aware of people who left that school and have done well for themselves. I am also aware of people who have not.