Sign in to follow this  
Keith  Roads

Praise for gunn

How nice for a change, its so nice to read happy posts, yer nice, even looking forward to Man urinal kids.  Anyone else decide to go now?

Living a hundred miles away, and already going to Wigan next weekend and having a season ticket for next season, todays activity really tempted me to get a couple of tickets for tomorrow, but travel and cost have taken its toll, so I''ll be relying on Pete and co for updates on here!

Smudge,He has got us loads of players for nothing and sold any player worth any money.Nice to see we dont have someone in charge that is a board man! Good to see someone standing up for the playing side for once!Its laughable, he is their man and thats why he has the job!

Pity to see negative comments on here still. I think that Gunn has sold the players who didn''t want to be here. The problem last season was too many players who couldn''t be bothered - most of those have now gone. Bringing in the number of players that Gunn has before the start of the season is something that we have not achieved before - even back in the promotion year. The mix of players looks OK and should not be criticised before you have even seen them play.

I think Gunn will motivate these people a lot more than Grant or Roeder ever did and with a winning mentality we should have a good chance of being in a strong postiton to get back up again next May.

What won''t help is all of the negative comments even before a ball has been kicked in league one.

We all know the board has made mistakes over the past few years, but lets see what the new regime does before we write them off.

Right direction me thinks,but the facts are still there, relegation .......no squad, have got us to this situation, ill wait for the football before start heappin  praise there way!

No, it''s more complicated than that. Whilst i wouldn''t have selected Gunn as my manager for this season, the blame doesn''t lie with him, in fact he doesn''t even take an equal share.

Every manager is entitled to build their own team before they take the blame. Taking a team of losers and loanees that someone else hired and miraculously turning them into winners is nigh on impossibhle. He brought in Cody which i saw as a positive as he looked really hungry and fresh and showed some considerable talent for someone who had just taken a big step up but other than that the opportunity wasn''t there to make his mark on the team.

Occasionally when you get a new manager in the team can rally, but usually the manager brings a reputation with them for that to happen. It''s not Gunn''s fault he applied for the job and got it.

I agree with some posters that we can''t get too carried away, we haven''t played any league games yet. But if people can''t see the positive moves that the squad has taken with the shift in attitude of taking loanees to signing our own players, then that''s pretty sad. We are signing younger players too, who with a good season could potentially step up a level too. The real test is yet to come, but so far it is positive.

[quote user="Downloads"]

No, it''s more complicated than that. Whilst i wouldn''t have selected Gunn as my manager for this season, the blame doesn''t lie with him, in fact he doesn''t even take an equal share.

Every manager is entitled to build their own team before they take the blame. Taking a team of losers and loanees that someone else hired and miraculously turning them into winners is nigh on impossibhle. He brought in Cody which i saw as a positive as he looked really hungry and fresh and showed some considerable talent for someone who had just taken a big step up but other than that the opportunity wasn''t there to make his mark on the team.

Occasionally when you get a new manager in the team can rally, but usually the manager brings a reputation with them for that to happen. It''s not Gunn''s fault he applied for the job and got it.

I agree with some posters that we can''t get too carried away, we haven''t played any league games yet. But if people can''t see the positive moves that the squad has taken with the shift in attitude of taking loanees to signing our own players, then that''s pretty sad. We are signing younger players too, who with a good season could potentially step up a level too. The real test is yet to come, but so far it is positive.

[/quote]Agree wholeheartedly with this. Firstly, the players who got us into this Division whether owned or loaned have nearly all gone and taken their uncaring attittude with them. I suspect those who remain will have had a grilling about whether they want to be here and are prepared to put in the effort for the Club and Management Team (Pattison?).Secondly, the guys coming in all have something to prove whether it''s the Aussie keeper proving that he can make it in Europe or Nelson proving he can take a step up. I really think we will see a new spirit this season. I wouldn''t mind betting that, if we do get promoted, we wouldn''t make the mistake of ditching all the players who got us there.Thirdly, although I wasn''t a supporter of Gunn''s appointment, I think that the ''Management Team'' (including McNally and Bowker) is now much stronger and will give Gunn real support on and off the field. Like others, I wonder now, how much Doncaster was to blame for some of the issues that we had to face last year.Lastly, the invisibility of the Smiths is a good sign. I suspect they have at last realised their limitations and recognised the need to both appoint and listen to professional management. After all, it''s their money at stake if they continue to c**k it up!

[quote user="Smudger"]Why what has he done (apart from get us relegated)???  [:$][/quote]What have you done? You are a man of empty threats!Where is the protest organised for todays game? Where have the protests been all summer? Where is your meteoric rise to power?WHERE ARE YOU?!!!For someone that is soooooo passionate and cares soooooo much about the club its nice to see that you go that extra mile. You criticise others but I see no progress on your campaign agains the ''board''. Infact you have failed to make much comment at all on any of the new members.If this club is an abject failure its not just because of the people you call mindless sheep, it is also the toothless moaners that say something should be done but then do nothing.

[quote user="Smudger"]Why what has he done (apart from get us relegated)???  [:$][/quote]Answer : He''s bagged the biggest home defeat in 107 years of NCFC.