Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Mcveigh signs

[quote user="WLY"]Can''t wait to sing abit of  "WE LOVE YOU" [/quote]Yeah, i might need to even change my username for the first time on this forum! [:D]

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]Where has he been playing in pre season, as previously he used to be on the right and left?? I assume left as Stephen Hughes and the Preston bloke are both right wingers??[/quote]

Stephen Hughes is a centre-mid, holding player type... and a bloody good one in my opinion! [:D]

No doubt a wonder signing of the Fleck, Cureton calibre. Another waste of a year''s salary. He''s useless on the right hand side and when with us before clearly didn''t appear happy on the right.

This is the first signing this close season that I feel badly about. I hope it''s the last.

he will be the dark horse of the team .

mark my words he will score us a few goals .

i will get shot down in flames for saying this bet he scores at least 8-10 goals for us .

just have a gut feeling he will do well .

pleased if he has signed.

Not exactly over awed by the signing either, but I suppose he offers depth to the squad and won''t exactly be on extortionate wages.

disapointed he has come back.. would of preferd on a pay as you play deal... its all going to end in tears isnt it... have we learnt nothing from brining cureton and Rusty back?

jas :)

Watched him closely for the 45 mins he played tonight and he''s still got an absolutely fantastic first touch and the ability to make a bit of space in really tight situations. However, he created absolutely nothing of note in 45 mins of football against Dereham Town which I find slightly alarming.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]He''s got his contract now so expect him to be shite[/quote]I hope not, I do really believe he can still do a job for us.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

disapointed he has come back.. would of preferd on a pay as you play deal... its all going to end in tears isnt it... have we learnt nothing from brining cureton and Rusty back?

jas :)

[/quote]But McVeigh''s has a much, much better song.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Amazing signing , see even a short fat bloke with no form of note for years can impress our great manager .
[/quote]

Have you even seen him play recently and seen how fit he looks compared to the player that left us?

[/quote] Im sure he played like Maradona against Fakenham and Dereham , and he looks well fat , this signing does nothing more than make the club even more of a laughing stock , but then when the manager is a laughing stock what do you expect .
[/quote]

Bryan Gunn may or may not turn out to be a very good manager........... But one thing is 100% certain.......... He is NOT a laughing stock.

For you to hurl abuse at a guy who is nothing but a Norwich City legend is disgusting. A guy who cares deeply about our club.

Its ironic that your whole name "Loan City FC" is designed to make fun of the previous managers use of the loan system.

Now that Gunn has come in and annouced that he is going to build a squad with permanent players who WANT to play for NCFC you still hurl the BS.

What does make our club a laughing stock is having "so called" fans like "Loan City FC"

I won''t call you a supporter because you clearly hate everything about the club............(players, management and board)

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Amazing signing , see even a short fat bloke with no form of note for years can impress our great manager .[/quote]

Have you even seen him play recently and seen how fit he looks compared to the player that left us?

[/quote] Im sure he played like Maradona against Fakenham and Dereham , and he looks well fat , this signing does nothing more than make the club even more of a laughing stock , but then when the manager is a laughing stock what do you expect .[/quote]

Bryan Gunn may or may not turn out to be a very good manager........... But one thing is 100% certain.......... He is NOT a laughing stock.

For you to hurl abuse at a guy who is nothing but a Norwich City legend is disgusting. A guy who cares deeply about our club.

Its ironic that your whole name "Loan City FC" is designed to make fun of the previous managers use of the loan system.

Now that Gunn has come in and annouced that he is going to build a squad with permanent players who WANT to play for NCFC you still hurl the BS.

What does make our club a laughing stock is having "so called" fans like "Loan City FC"

I won''t call you a supporter because you clearly hate everything about the club............(players, management and board)

[/quote]Well said USA..

[quote user="Big Bob"]Have to agree with Loan City, saw a picture of him the other day, he looked massive, a disgrace really considering he''s STILL a professional footballer [:|][/quote]Really? This must be an old photo then...[url]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/b8/4a/0,,10355~6507192,00.jpg[/url]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Big Bob"]Have to agree with Loan City, saw a picture of him the other day, he looked massive, a disgrace really considering he''s STILL a professional footballer [:|]
[/quote]

Really? This must be an old photo then...

[url]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/b8/4a/0,,10355~6507192,00.jpg[/url]
[/quote]

I just showed my girlfriend the photo and asked what she thought of that man''s body and got:

"He''s quite buff, good shoulders...I''d tap that"

Fantastic news. At last those loyal supporters who didn''t claim their rebate have been rewarded with that big name star signing......[:D]

haha people need to not listen to the likes of Loan, i think everyone knows on here that loan will never say anything positive... i sort of look forward to reading his comments for a bit of a chuckle....I would imagine he has signed a years deal which has a structure to it... i.e a basic wage which could be very low, and then a tiering system based on appearances and goals. It works well for us. Great sub to bring on either on the right or left or upfront... Has good experience, loves the club so will want to put the effort in. Every team that wants success needs the older players in the squad... i mean, (this is a stretch here but bare with me...) Man utd have giggs... won''t play all the time next season but he''s a good player to have there when called upon... back at norwich in league one, mcveigh is this type of player. He has always been quite stocky,it wasn''t a problem to these silly people on here when he scored 15 odd goals... it''s just some people always look at the downside... I sort of expect these same people will say... well if norwich had ambition and wanted an old head we should have gone for Vieri... i mean he was on trial at blackburn right? jeepers...

[quote user="Fuglestad"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Big Bob"]Have to agree with Loan City, saw a picture of him the other day, he looked massive, a disgrace really considering he''s STILL a professional footballer [:|]
[/quote]

Really? This must be an old photo then...

[url]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/b8/4a/0,,10355~6507192,00.jpg[/url]
[/quote]

I just showed my girlfriend the photo and asked what she thought of that man''s body and got:

"He''s quite buff, good shoulders...I''d tap that"

[/quote]

HA! Excellent!

"loan city fc" and "Gunns no legend" are miserable little people. Guarenteed to always look at/try to find a negative.

Cheers up you Grumpy Sods! [|-)]

I cant see him being in the starting 11 unless he really shines. I do expect him to be on the bench just about week in week out because he has experience and a touch of class with the ability to create chances as he has in nearly all him trial games.  Most of the trial games he was the wise experienced head amongst youngsters,  and I expect to see that from him during the season.

He will get his pitch time mainly I suspect when we need to create something,  which is where his creativity comes in.   At the moment you take out hoolahan (as plymouth did last season) and you take out our chances of winning games.  McVeigh is a cheap insurance policy against that,  and not at the expense of the youngster as some claim, as we have no one with that ability at the club,  with adeyemi a powerhouse midfielder and Daley an outright pacy striker the nearest equivalents.

I agree old players rarely capture their old form - but at least signing him will not cost us the same amount of cash as Cureton Rusty etc..   Its a low value calculated risk of a squad signing for me. 

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

Perfect deal IMO. We desperately need wingers, and McVeigh will give good competition on both sides to Pattison/Lappin/Whaley(hopefully)/etc

[/quote]

How many more left sided midfield players do we need? 

The last time McVeigh played for us (before this summer), he made it perfectly clear that he did not like playing on the right side of the pitch.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Amazing signing , see even a short fat bloke with no form of note for years can impress our great manager .
[/quote]

[/quote] Im sure he played like Maradona against Fakenham and Dereham , and he looks well fat , this signing does nothing more than make the club even more of a laughing stock , but then when the manager is a laughing stock what do you expect .
[/quote]

For you to hurl abuse at a guy who is nothing but a Norwich City legend is disgusting. [/quote]

I think you should have seen Gunn''s outburst at Smudger at the Open Day forum.  

[quote user="TangibleFixedAssetsanyone"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

Perfect deal IMO. We desperately need wingers, and McVeigh will give good competition on both sides to Pattison/Lappin/Whaley(hopefully)/etc

[/quote]

How many more left sided midfield players do we need? 

The last time McVeigh played for us (before this summer), he made it perfectly clear that he did not like playing on the right side of the pitch.

[/quote]Assume he will primarily be used on the left - as thats where, generally speaking, he''s been in the pre-season games i think.

This is a perfect example of getting squad players in. We need a large squad with 7 subs now, to get players on a free, who are not decent league 1 players is a good job in my eyes. When we are promoted, we can ''trade'' in these players. It''s about getting players who will do the job for this league.

Not saying that we will get promoted and the players will turn out to be good, but I for one, will be supporting them and praying that they do well.