Sign in to follow this  
COlchester_canary

Old mascot 1960'-70's

Was speaking to my grandad from peterborough on Sataurday and he told me a story bout the old norwich mascot (maybe the first captain canary). He was the mascot during the 60''s-70''s and his name was Vic Cox. He moved to Peterborough to join the post office after my grandads recommendation.

My grandad was wondering whether any of that generation remember anything about him. Would be good if any1 did. 

i myself do not remember any old mascots from the sixties but i have been told that gazzathe great was employed as a part time crowd pleaser back then a sort of sixties barclay end tea hut pleaser version of todays lap dancers the rest of her time in those halcyon days was taken up by scarring the rooks in the fields of beccles

Ahhhhh.....revenge is schweeetttt

[quote]i myself do not remember any old mascots from the sixties but i have been told that gazzathe great was employed as a part time crowd pleaser back then a sort of sixties barclay end tea hut pleaser ve...[/quote]

the reason you don''t remember anything from the sixties is

a) you never went to FCR then

b) you were stoned most of the time

now you have to be stoned to go, i know!!

yes, the fields around beccles are still crying out for my services, but as you know i have moved up in the world and now form much of the tourist attactions along riverside!!

btw, there wasn''t a tea hut behind the barclay when i first went, which was well after the sixties  lol

a black wooden construction that doubled up as a tea hut and bar... stood close to the fence slightly to the carrow road end of the barclay.. ....close by were open topped skeltons that acted as the gents.. delightful smell use to eminate from them...

[quote]Was speaking to my grandad from peterborough on Sataurday and he told me a story bout the old norwich mascot (maybe the first captain canary). He was the mascot during the 60''s-70''s and his name was V...[/quote]

I remember a guy walking round the pitch before the 1967 FA Cup tie with Sheffield Wednesday. He had dyed his hair yellow one side, green the other. Was this the chap your grandad knew?

(There was an old fellow my grandfather knew..."

[quote]The mascot I remember from those times is the Norfolk (Norwich?) Dumpling. Any relation to Gazza? OTBC[/quote]

bly bly babes

as you don''t know me i had better put your mind at rest

i am in good shape and bear absolultely no resemblance to a norfolk dumpling!!