Sign in to follow this  
Meeky

Has Worthy seen the light?

you seem more positive about it than me meeky

it just made me laugh  his comments about the diamond being a super attacking formation, yeah right, well not for us, and one to be dropped from midfield, ummm, wonder who that will be?

most of all pleased that leon will finally get his chance to prove himself, i hope he is given at least six games to show what he can do, as have some others!

shall enjoy the game whatever (unless this weather keeps up!)

Regardless of whether it is an attacking formation or not (I tend to agree with him if the full backs get forward, which ours don''t), I take great heart from the fact that Worthy has admitted that it didn''t work against Liverpool, that it has run its course and is prepared to change the system. Many managers would stagger on with it fearing that their judgement would somehow be tarnished by changing tack. Then it just becomes a downward spiral

Nigel now drops players who are not performing, he brings them back in when they are ready, he changes the formation if it doesn''t work, and he takes care to ensure that players are fully fit before committing them. All good signs of a strong manager.

The moaners who fear an instant return and who complain about results/performances/decisons/tactics should be warned- Nigel has no intention of going back to the Championship and will do everything in his power to prevent that happening. We need to have the same faith that delivered promotion last year.