Sign in to follow this  
monkeyhater

Can I bring some realism to this forum....

We won the First Division last year, that was beyond my wildest dreams, beating the likes of Sheffield Utd, Millwall and Co. with  their array of International talent?

Now it''s a different ball game, excuse the pun, we''re competing with the cream of world football against players that cost more than our entire squad and the majority of supporters on here seem unhappy with the way the manager and team are performing.

I have my views on tactics, team selection, etc, which is what the game is all about but to expect us to be ''flying high'' is just being ridiculous.

We have to be 100% behind the team regardless of the result and enjoy the experience. Hopefully we will turn the corner and get a few wins under our belts, but we shouldn''t set our sights too high. This Saturdays opposition fans are a fine example of how to stick by your team, they encouraged their team last season through some hard times and it reaped benefits, let''s take a leaf from their book and start being positive.

Hear,hear I usually enjoy coming on this site and reading other people''s perspectives and ideas,but over the last couple of weeks...depression ,doom, gloom and despondancy ,whatever happened to the summers" live the dream" attitude I''ve had to check to see wether I''ve slipped into the samaritan''s website by mistake!

Realism by all means but take a happy pill some of you and LIVE THE DREAM after all it could always be worse ,you could have been born Ipswich supporters !!!!OTBC!!

Myself and Tufnell where falsly accused of kidnapping a monkey on saturday night, no lie!

BTW Tufnell, I got a text this morning at 3am, she found the monkey and will drop charges!

''Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive..................................'' Sir Walter Scott

''These lovely lamps, these windows of the soul.......'' Guillaume Du Bartas

OTBC

sorry but i just have too add to the monkey debate,i hate them,two reasons why:

1)as a young lad i visted Banham zoo many years ago when they had a chimp enclosure,now for those of you out there who might have also been before many years back you know whats coming.................one of the chimps had a great party trick,it would wait until many people were around the enclosure,then pick up the biggest lump of monkey crap and throw it at anyone who had''nt noticed/ran like hell away from the enclosure.....well i have to say it stank,also very hard to get of clothes,having not read the observers book on turds,i can truly claim it probably is the foulest stench in the world(think of a rotten banana and rotten eggs...............

2)they have big pink arses!!!

anyway on to something a little bit more important(slightly)..get behind the boys,whoever is playing...2-1 win to city this weekend.

Scientists are understood to have discovered what they believe the largest recent gathering of monkey spankers at Portman Road.

Their blurred expressions, funny walks, unintelligible dialect, unusual clothing, unbelievable optimism and blue and white glasses made them a fascinating study group.

I love the fact that this thread is titled "Can I bring some realism to this forum...", I think the answer is no!