Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Do you feel conned ?

I was just wondering if  there are any supporters who didn''t claim their rebate who feel let down ?

Giving all these trials with only 3 weeks till kick off seems a bit desperate.

I said on these pages weeks ago Gunny has only a small amount of time to get the supporters on side, as soon as the season starts he must have it right. If we are struggling in October the pressure from fans will lead to Gunny''s departure. This Chairman record speaks for itself.

You can say we on these pages are primarily anti-board/Gunn and those that turned up at St Andrews Hall are likewise are not the clubs owner or managers best friends.

But when 2/3rds of season ticket holders ask for their rebate that is a whopping vote of no-confidence in Board & Manager.

Some of his targets may well be tied up in the "Clingan transfer" but what about the money Mr Foulger put into the club ?

I know there is no such thing as a "free transfer" signing on fees, agents fees & insurances make the word free a mockery but surely we must get into the market for some quality signings ?

Gunny has a huge decision over the right back position, by all accounts Semmie was poor at Dartford (maybe he couldn''t be arsed), if he continues to play him I feel this could be the straw that broke the camels back as far as supporters are concerned.  

Brighton have got some financial backing but it is galling that it seems we cannot  compete with them, if I had left my money with the club I woul now feel let down.

I don''t think there would be a supporter anywhere who wouldn''t feel let down if we don''t sign any more players - but there''s still a lot of time between now and the start of the season so plenty of time to get guys in.

To be absolutely fair, this is rather different to usual - it is normally the case that we don''t know jack, but this time we are being linked with almost too many players (mostly freebies admittedly). We do have rather a lot of triallists atm - almost too many - but is probably merely a feature of the times, and it is at least pretty clear that work is going on behind the scenes. And just because those players are free agents doesn''t mean they aren''t worth a look...not that it wouldn''t be nice to actually, like, buy a player every now and then!

I would feel conned/let down if we had signed a player without trialling him first...

My sentiments exactly. Pose the question the day after the transfer window closes and we''ll all have a clearer answer. However i find it hard to imagine the board would be silly enough to let us down. They truly are, surely drinking in the last chance saloon even for their fiercest of backers. So, based on that i''m trying to stay patient!

If we are outside the top6 after 20 games having sold CLingan and Russll and only bringing in trials and frees, then yes I will be pissed off.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I don''t think there would be a supporter anywhere who wouldn''t feel let down if we don''t sign any more players - but there''s still a lot of time between now and the start of the season so plenty of time to get guys in.

To be absolutely fair, this is rather different to usual - it is normally the case that we don''t know jack, but this time we are being linked with almost too many players (mostly freebies admittedly). We do have rather a lot of triallists atm - almost too many - but is probably merely a feature of the times, and it is at least pretty clear that work is going on behind the scenes. And just because those players are free agents doesn''t mean they aren''t worth a look...not that it wouldn''t be nice to actually, like, buy a player every now and then![/quote]same happened in the january transfer window,we had time ..but nothing, we watch it happen, lets make it happen for a change!

MIA,

I wouldnt give up as there could be a legal basis for recovering your rebate. When you renewed your season ticket you entered into a contract. I am not sure that one party (i.e. the club) can unilaterally vary this contract by imposing a time limited deadline in the way that they did. If I was in your position, I would test the water with the club and see how hard they fight as this feels like an unfair contract term to me.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Wait till we spend £200,000 on Scummer Lee and they will all be singing praise to the Board , Delias ripped them all off again , mugs one and all.[/quote][IMG]http://www.katnoodle.com/wp-content/Jesus-dumbass.jpg[/IMG]