Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

brighton have 100k accepted for dickenson

[quote user="singing canary"]so what on earth did norwich bid?

either norwich are looking into another target or they are not paying anything for anyone..[/quote]

??/  who by?

Brighton have agreed a fee with Derby for Norwich target Liam Dickinson.

Derby boss Nigel Clough has revealed that the Rams have accepted an offer for Liam Dickinson from Brighton.

Dickinson has been the subject of two ''small'' bids from Norwich as they bid to fill the target man hole up front.

It was believed that County wanted to recoup a sizeable portion of the £750k they paid Stockport for a player who has yet to appear in their first team. The reported fee agreed with Brighton, however, is said to be just £100k.

Bryan Gunn has other irons in the fire in the form of trialists Goran Maric, Troy Powell, Michael Bridges and Chris Craig, as well as maintaining an interest in Crystal Palace''s Alan Lee.

They don''t know it yet but they''ve actually signed David Dickinson for 100k.

Norman Cook will be happy though as at least he''s got somebody to advise him with regards to his future purchases of antiques!

[quote user="singing canary"]Brighton have agreed a fee with Derby for Norwich target Liam Dickinson. Derby boss Nigel Clough has revealed that the Rams have accepted an offer for Liam Dickinson from Brighton. Dickinson has been the subject of two ''small'' bids from Norwich as they bid to fill the target man hole up front. It was believed that County wanted to recoup a sizeable portion of the £750k they paid Stockport for a player who has yet to appear in their first team. The reported fee agreed with Brighton, however, is said to be just £100k. Bryan Gunn has other irons in the fire in the form of trialists Goran Maric, Troy Powell, Michael Bridges and Chris Craig, as well as maintaining an interest in Crystal Palace''s Alan Lee.[/quote]this should read.....Bryan Gunn has other FREE irons in the fire...blah blah blah blah and is trying to get Alan Lee for  £1.50p   palace want £2.00 but Norwich will not budge

i would pretty much say the loyal norwich fan has had the wool pulled over thier eyes again .

its disgusting ... if people knew we would not spend a penny on transfers how many others who claimed thier rebate would have changed thier minds .

if nothing has been spent the cook has taken the p** out of the fans again .

Its freaking embarrassing it''s public knowledge that we''ve had two unacceptable bids rejected so the board could look like they are at least trying to spend the money that was donated from ticket sales.[:$]

There''s  me thinking Derby were being out of order.When in actual fact it''s our board taking the piss as usual.Most people learn from there mistakes but most people aren''t members of NCFC Board.

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

Its freaking embarrassing it''s public knowledge that we''ve had two unacceptable bids rejected so the board could look like they are at least trying to spend the money that was donated from ticket sales.[:$]

There''s  me thinking Derby were being out of order.When in actual fact it''s our board taking the piss as usual.Most people learn from there mistakes but most people aren''t members of NCFC Board.

[/quote]

we are a laughing stock! sad times!

who cares, dickinsons goal ratio averages at about 5.3 goals a season, cosnidering hes been been senior team at all his clubs since 2002 thats not good, so they can keep him for all i care,

By Mr WAY49

Well what can I say?  If this story is found to be true, how glad I am that we claimed back our rebates, and how sorry I feel for the fans that trusted the club once again.

I began to smell a rat when we took Bridges on trial, why would you do that if you were genuinely interested in signing Dickenson or Lee?

When is somebody going to ask a) where has the rebate money and Foulger money gone?  and b) how was a new chairman and director appointed to the board when clearly they have not invested in the club?

We are fast becoming even more of a joke, and before anybody says it, yes I know there is still time, but the latest instance of being outbid by Brighton!!!! and all these trialists are a sign of how low we have sunk.

We will give our beloved club this season, but can really take no more.

Tbh I hadn''t particularly heard of Dickinson until we were linked, so I''m a little uncertain as to why some seem to think he is great (Leeds fans certainly don''t think so).

It does seem particularly strange as he doesn''t have anything like the proven record of someone like Lee, who the same people seem to dislike so much, but IMO Lee would be a far better bet; indeed, Bridges probably would be, too.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

By Mr WAY49

Well what can I say?  If this story is found to be true, how glad I am that we claimed back our rebates, and how sorry I feel for the fans that trusted the club once again.

I began to smell a rat when we took Bridges on trial, why would you do that if you were genuinely interested in signing Dickenson or Lee?

When is somebody going to ask a) where has the rebate money and Foulger money gone?  and b) how was a new chairman and director appointed to the board when clearly they have not invested in the club?

We are fast becoming even more of a joke, and before anybody says it, yes I know there is still time, but the latest instance of being outbid by Brighton!!!! and all these trialists are a sign of how low we have sunk.

[/quote]I think the trailest system is good,but when u are getting outbid for 100k its really sad!!!! Lee is a player we know,andin this league,he is a must!!!!  come on Norwich get A grip!!!!!

[quote user="gsr600"]who cares, dickinsons goal ratio averages at about 5.3 goals a season, cosnidering hes been been senior team at all his clubs since 2002 thats not good, so they can keep him for all i care,[/quote]It''s not the missing out on his signature that riles me but the way we go about doing business like we are immune to the direction football is going at the moment and that if we check a player out he should eat dog s**t for a week to prove his loyalty to the club.

All this hinges on the amount being correct, I doubt we will ever find the truth to it, hidden behind that well used quote, Undisclosed Fee.

I have been trying my hardest to get positive and remain there, but it is getting chipped away again,  I was adament that I was having my rebate back,  but relented again.  I was going to give it to Great Ormond St Hospital, when I changed my mind I took out one of their monthly amounts so they shouldn''t miss out on my gift,  O how I wish I had stood firm and got my reduced DD payment GOSH would have been seeing double the amount.

Why that Charity ?  I lost a little sister to Cancer and they worked their socks off with her.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

By Mr WAY49

[/quote]

If we are in such dire straits, for those who took a potential £1.3m out of the transfer kitty to now be so high on their horses about things is quite astonishing: it appears that it hasn''t even occurred to you that claiming your rebates has helped create the situation that you are now decrying. Astonishing.

Of course, it was all ST holders choice, and a choice we were all free to make it. But could you really not see that the club might struggle in the transfer market as a result?

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]

All this hinges on the amount being correct, I doubt we will ever find the truth to it, hidden behind that well used quote, Undisclosed Fee.

[/quote]As mentioned on the other thread about this deal, the local paper, the Brighton Telegraph and Argus, says the fee is not £100,000 but an initial £300,000, with more to follow.

That sounds far more like it - the idea was that Derby wanted to recoup a sizeable chunk of the £750k they paid for him and I couldn''t see £100k cutting it (that is probably more like what we offered!)

The Argus link is here.It sounds like £100k is well wide of the mark they''ve agreed. Brighton''s new owner has a lot of cash.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

By Mr WAY49

[/quote] If we are in such dire straits, for those who took a potential £1.3m out of the transfer kitty to now be so high on their horses about things is quite astonishing: it appears that it hasn''t even occurred to you that claiming your rebates has helped create the situation that you are now decrying. Astonishing. Of course, it was all ST holders choice, and a choice we were all free to make it. But could you really not see that the club might struggle in the transfer market as a result?[/quote]

What is astonishing is that people like you still try to deflect the blame onto supporters who quite rightly in my opinion doubted the honesty of this board to spend it wisely.

I would gladly have left my rebate money there, if they had shown me in the past that they could be trusted, and not lie to the supporters.  With or without the rebate money that was claimed back, there was still £700,000 and any other monies Ie; sale of Marshall, and yet they are not involved (if this story is correct) in a counter bid of £100,000 for this young striker. 

We are in the process of trialing has beens and never heard of''s, the sale of Sammy is imminent IMO, and will raise another £700,000 approx and we have started pre-season with one paid for player for an undisclosed fee, surprise surprise!!!!

As you put it yes we will struggle in the transfer market, but that''s hardly down to the supporters, who year on year fill that ground at CR.

How do you explain taking members on the board who do not invest in the club?  At least we put in £600 to £700 per season without merchandise that we buy.

As you can gather I am fed up with other fans blaming one another for the boards failures to run the football club that they supposedly love.  I only wish I had the money that would seriously make a difference.

But roll on Friday and the euromillions.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

By Mr WAY49

[/quote] If we are in such dire straits, for those who took a potential £1.3m out of the transfer kitty to now be so high on their horses about things is quite astonishing: it appears that it hasn''t even occurred to you that claiming your rebates has helped create the situation that you are now decrying. Astonishing. Of course, it was all ST holders choice, and a choice we were all free to make it. But could you really not see that the club might struggle in the transfer market as a result?[/quote]

I don''t care a fig what you think.....You''re just a board apologist, always have been, and always will be.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

By Mr WAY49

I don''t care a fig what you think.....You''re just a board apologist, always have been, and always will be.

[/quote]

foulger made the difference up??? to stand there and blame fans is aflicking joke!!!! the same fans that put 24000 in the ground every game!!!  when the likes of yoveil will get 3000,get a grip man......the quicker Delia fooks off the better!

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]

Thanks Purple that looks a lot more like it.

[/quote]Just to be clear, a target man has to be Gunn''s top priority and Dickinson MIGHT well be worth the (at a guess) £500,000 he will probably end up costing Brighton. I''m not madly enthusiastic about Alan Lee, IF he is the alternative. Perhaps the Serbian will tonight make us glad we kept our Dickinson money in our pocket!

Paul Jewell (favoured on here as a "proper" manager when Roeder was booted) paid £750,000 for Dickinson last July. Just one month later he went on loan to Huddersfield because "his confidence was low". He never played a game for Derby who have just lost at least £400,000 (depending on who you believe about the transfer fee) by selling him to Brighton, plus all the wages they have paid.

If Gunn did anything like that, this board would crucify him. I hope he wouldn''t gamble £350,000 on a supposed striker who loses "confidence" after a month with a new club, during which he didn''t play a game. Dickinson is no better than what we already have in Daley and Martin, probably worse. I would much rather Gunn spend the £350k on Alan Lee, simply because he is something we don''t currently have at the club.

The fact that we didn''t sign Dickinson does not represent a lack of ambition, it represents common sense.

Mello - if you can prove what you say about me then fair enough, otherwise you should butt out. I am far from pro board and have always been consistent: we clearly need investment and the board have failed to attract it, which is pisspoor. That said, I am not as rabidly anti it as some are, and there is a hell of a difference.

Re: the rebate, I am not blaming ST holders for taking their cash - it was owed to them and they were fully entitled to. But it is an undoubted knock-on that £1.3m-£1.4m of potential cash was removed from the club as a result. I''m sorry, but that is a cold, hard, fact.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Mello - if you can prove what you say about me then fair enough, otherwise you should butt out. I am far from pro board and have always been consistent: we clearly need investment and the board have failed to attract it, which is pisspoor. That said, I am not as rabidly anti it as some are, and there is a hell of a difference.

Re: the rebate, I am not blaming ST holders for taking their cash - it was owed to them and they were fully entitled to. But it is an undoubted knock-on that £1.3m-£1.4m of potential cash was removed from the club as a result. I''m sorry, but that is a cold, hard, fact.[/quote]

When has any money been put into the transfer kitty, either from sales of players or rebates!!!! smoke screen, marshals money??? easy option to blame people for claiming the rebate, you should look a little higher!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Tbh I hadn''t particularly heard of Dickinson until we were linked, so I''m a little uncertain as to why some seem to think he is great (Leeds fans certainly don''t think so). It does seem particularly strange as he doesn''t have anything like the proven record of someone like Lee, who the same people seem to dislike so much, but IMO Lee would be a far better bet; indeed, Bridges probably would be, too.[/quote]

He''s rubbish, I was invited to a Huddersfield game at Galpharm last season with someone who is a Huddersfield supporter (against Bristol Rovers) and he wasn''t up to much. The Huddersfield fans were really giving him a hard time. He didn''t seem to jump when the ball came near him or chase lost causes. I would much rather have Ricky Lambert who was playing for the opposition that day and looks like someone who knows where the goal is. There is no point offering big money for Dickinson as I think people would probably bracket him with Otsemobor in a short space of time.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Mello - if you can prove what you say about me then fair enough, otherwise you should butt out. I am far from pro board and have always been consistent: we clearly need investment and the board have failed to attract it, which is pisspoor. That said, I am not as rabidly anti it as some are, and there is a hell of a difference. Re: the rebate, I am not blaming ST holders for taking their cash - it was owed to them and they were fully entitled to. But it is an undoubted knock-on that £1.3m-£1.4m of potential cash was removed from the club as a result. I''m sorry, but that is a cold, hard, fact.[/quote]

Was it the fans that got us relegated? No, I don''t think so.... You are a board apologist, and I won''t retract that statement. You''re being one at this moment in time trying to apportion blame on those who quite within their rights reclaimed the ST rebate.  

Those incompetent ''business folk'' at the helm are responsible for the ''knock on''. Not me, or not any fan who chose to reclaim their rebate.

The board got found out, because they are a bunch of chancers - and thought that we would survive in the Championship.

The cold-hard fact is that the majority shareholding duo are culpable for our demise....and until they step-down or move aside, nothing will change at NCFC. They''ve put up the steel shutters - and just want someone to poke notes through the gaps. 

And you know it.