Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Raith Rovers 0, Norwich City 1

Actually Chops, I think that''s the best part of tonights game.

At Dartford we seemed vulnerable whenever they attacked. I still say that despite dear old Doc giving his all, he has this magic touch of creating panic in our defence, particularly for the poor goalkeeper.

Not sure if the Doc came on tonight but would be interested to learn how the defence looked without him!

If he''s made captain then that will confirm alI I''ve feared about Gunn.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Chops, I think that''s the best part of tonights game.

At Dartford we seemed vulnerable whenever they attacked. I still say that despite dear old Doc giving his all, he has this magic touch of creating panic in our defence, particularly for the poor goalkeeper.

Not sure if the Doc came on tonight but would be interested to learn how the defence looked without him!

If he''s made captain then that will confirm alI I''ve feared about Gunn.[/quote]

You can bet your mortgage that Doherty will be named as captain come August 8th. [:@]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Chops, I think that''s the best part of tonights game.

If he''s made captain then that will confirm alI I''ve feared about Gunn.[/quote]

You can bet your mortgage that Doherty will be named as captain come August 8th. [:@][/quote]You''d only be screwing yourself over with that kind of bet.Gunn did say that the captain named at the beginning of the Scotland tour would most probably be captain for the season, which evidently is Nelson.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Chops, I think that''s the best part of tonights game.

You can bet your mortgage that Doherty will be named as captain come August 8th. [:@][/quote]You''d only be screwing yourself over with that kind of bet.Gunn did say that the captain named at the beginning of the Scotland tour would most probably be captain for the season, which evidently is Nelson.[/quote]

Watch this space.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually Chops, I think that''s the best part of tonights game.

You can bet your mortgage that Doherty will be named as captain come August 8th. [:@][/quote]You''d only be screwing yourself over with that kind of bet.Gunn did say that the captain named at the beginning of the Scotland tour would most probably be captain for the season, which evidently is Nelson.[/quote]And how exactly does Doherty wear the armband when he''s rested for Thursday?It''s not gonna be Nelson.. it''s gonna be Doc.

so its a different team with a 3 changes to the back 5 and 3 to the back 4 (assuming Spillane did swap positions as suggested) and yet the "secure" defensive performance is all down to docs absence.   Give me strength.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

so its a different team with a 3 changes to the back 5 and 3 to the midfield (assuming Spillane did swap positions as suggested) and yet the "secure" defensive performance is all down to docs absence.   Give me strength.

[/quote]

Damn lack of edit button [;)]

Just an opinion Zipper. I admit i don''t like Doc as a player. In the early part of last season when Doc wasn''t playing that was the most secure the defence looked.

To me he creates panic too often. As a senior pro in one of the most critical positions i don''t think he''s good enough.

I have a theory that he is a nightmare for a goalkeeper to play behind but must be wrong because Gunn wouldn''t have played him!

Hey Ho!