Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Raith Rovers 0, Norwich City 1

Half time 0-0 against the mighty Raith Rovers. Oh how our Leauge 1 opponents must be crapping themselves. Either that or wetting themselves laughing

This is poor from the EDP - must be some other observations and points of note from 45 mins of football surely!!!

[quote user="Fonejacker"]hmmm, the half time report reads suspiciously like the prematch report.....
[/quote]

Try now....

[quote user="John"][quote user="Fonejacker"]I think it just shows that after last season''s absolute shower, we are all desperate to hear of any shoots of recovery, any small reason to feel positive going into the new season. I personally just thought, that ''Chris lakey providing live updates on Twitter'' might include a bit more analysis, but maybe that''s just me. Must be half time by now surely???[/quote]Your not alone on that.I struggle to see a point in the updates on twitter if all we''re gonna get throughout an entire half is "Maric looks more than decent. Great effort hit the post". I have to say that when i first found out about these live twitter updates when we played at Fakenham i expected a lot more than the likes of ''10'' words per an entire half....[/quote]

The kickitoff twitter updates were really good, but they didnt go to Jockland sadly

[quote user="Rum ol boy"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]0-0 at half-time - we''ve hit the post, they''ve performed an air-kick and that''s pretty much it....[/quote]

let me guess who performed that........Docherty or Cureton is my guess!!

[/quote]If you can''t distinguish between "we" and "they", of course.

[quote user="Rum ol boy"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]0-0 at half-time - we''ve hit the post, they''ve performed an air-kick and that''s pretty much it....[/quote]

[/quote]huh? I thought it was one of the Raith players that performed said air kick? Although I admittedly got this impression from the ''wealth'' of first half live updates.....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Fonejacker"]hmmm, the half time report reads suspiciously like the prematch report.....[/quote]

Try now....

[/quote]thanks Pete.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Rum ol boy"]

[/quote]

If you can''t distinguish between "we" and "they", of course.

[/quote]

sorry master, I didn''t pick up on that

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]This is poor from the EDP - must be some other observations and points of note from 45 mins of football surely!!![/quote]

Try here:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED14%20Jul%202009%2019%3A24%3A23%3A130

[/quote]

Thanks pete - was beginning to think Lakey was in the pub

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]This is poor from the EDP - must be some other observations and points of note from 45 mins of football surely!!![/quote]

Try here:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED14%20Jul%202009%2019%3A24%3A23%3A130

[/quote]

Thanks pete - was beginning to think Lakey was in the pub

[/quote]

No chance.

Love the bench tonight:Martin, McDonald, Craig, Bridges, Rudd, Lappin, McVeigh, Dumic, Adeyemi.

I guess the defenders are going to be putting in a full 90 minutes, not a bad thing either.

Oh give over some of you!I rarely stick up for Archant but look at what they''re doing - Twitters from Lakey while he''s simultaneously trying to write an old fashioned report for half and full time; Pete on here updating things...New media and 24/7 news has made people want, want, want. Sometimes you just have to wait for a few minutes!Good on them for embracing the current technology as well as they have. In the old days (last year) you''d have to wait till 45 and 90 unless your mate was there with a mobile!

Hopefully more updates, and goals, in the second half after a request to Lakey was met with...

Will try and twitter more - it''s still anathema to me!!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Love the bench tonight:

Martin, McDonald, Craig, Bridges, Rudd, Lappin, McVeigh, Dumic, Adeyemi.

I guess the defenders are going to be putting in a full 90 minutes, not a bad thing either.

[/quote]

Dumic is a defender isn''t he?

Sounds like we are being troubled more than doing the troubling.  Spillane sounds a bit out of his depth, I really don''t rate him to be honest.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Half Time. Lakey says Maric hitting the post was the closest anyone came... doesn''t sound like a very exciting game![/quote]

If you can tell me of a way to get closer to scoring yet keeping the scores at 0-0, answers on a postcard :D

[quote user="Fonejacker"]I think it just shows that after last season''s absolute shower, we are all desperate to hear of any shoots of recovery, any small reason to feel positive going into the new season. I personally just thought, that ''Chris lakey providing live updates on Twitter'' might include a bit more analysis, but maybe that''s just me. Must be half time by now surely???
[/quote]

I bet Chris Lakey is sitting there thinking something along the lines of  "How the hell do they expect me to update Twitter on my mobile and write a match report in shorthand at the same time".

You just can''t get the staff these days. What you need is a journalist that can watch a game of football, whilst updating twitter with his left hand and writing his match report with right hand. And they say that the digital age is making things more efficient!

Any volunteers? No I didn''t think so! 

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Got some pics from the game too. Will put one on the report now.[/quote]

Does Chris Lakey write that report as he goes?

Maybe he needs three hands then....

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Love the bench tonight:Martin, McDonald, Craig, Bridges, Rudd, Lappin, McVeigh, Dumic, Adeyemi.

I guess the defenders are going to be putting in a full 90 minutes, not a bad thing either.[/quote]

Dumic is a defender isn''t he?

[/quote]I thought so but the offy site has him as a midfielder... who knows?

Hold on who''s David Stephens? He is one of our youth (ex-youth) players, or a trialist?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Fonejacker"]I think it just shows that after last season''s absolute shower, we are all desperate to hear of any shoots of recovery, any small reason to feel positive going into the new season. I personally just thought, that ''Chris lakey providing live updates on Twitter'' might include a bit more analysis, but maybe that''s just me. Must be half time by now surely???
[/quote]

I bet Chris Lakey is sitting there thinking something along the lines of  "How the hell do they expect me to update Twitter on my mobile and write a match report in shorthand at the same time".

You just can''t get the staff these days. What you need is a journalist that can watch a game of football, whilst updating twitter with his left hand and writing his match report with right hand. And they say that the digital age is making things more efficient!

[/quote]

Does he have a pie balanced on each ear also? Good skills.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does he have a pie balanced on each ear also? Good skills.

[/quote]

He''s spent a lot of time in Thailand so can probably do staggering things with ping pong balls and razor blades.....

David is a man mountain defender who has been taken on contract after coming through the youth setup, half decent player!

EDPchrislakey - Jed Steer looking confident in the City goal - just saved bravely at Tade''s feet after a superb Drury tackle on the same player.