Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I bet all you lot who decided not to claim there rebate are feeling a little silly now??, you gullible fools,did you really think that this club would start spending money?

They haven''t in any of the previous 3 years, why shoould they start now, should have taken your 70 quid!!

[/quote] Hmm...it appears that it hasn''t occurred to you that if we don''t have funds, a possible large part of the reason for it is that £1.4m of potential cash has been taken out of the club by people - quite legitimately - taking their rebate. Smugly stating that more people should have taken the money can be turned round: had ferwer people taken it, it could be argued that we may have signed Lee and Dickinson by now - we just won''t ever know. We ST holders had a choice and made it; it really was not rocket science to realise that we might miss out on some players we wanted as a result. Does that make you feel happier?[/quote]

In ''them'' we trust?.....Not bl**dy likely!....

Why don''t you join your cohorts - and suggest a price increase of season tickets for Division 3 football?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]We need a statement from the club telling us what the hell is going on at our beloved football club. If the reports of Brighton outbidding us for Dickinson and winning with a bid of 100k then something is wrong. Please tell us why all of our signings have been free transfers, why we are not bidding sufficiently for our targets and why there are so many trialsts at the club which will end up costing zilch to buy. Is our club is in more crises financially than it''s letting on? WE WANT ANSWERS AND QUICKLY. COME ON MAKE A STATEMENT[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint - and please don''t let it stop you - but Brighton have paid around £500k for the player with around £350k as a down payment and the rest on hire purchase.

[/quote] The fee is undisclosed , or have they made an exception with you and let you in on the details.
[/quote]

LOL, I guess it was fine when it was reported as 100K............ now its closer to 500K........LOL.

I do find it ironic that those who are complaining we are not bidding enough are those who supported having a smaller first team budget.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I bet all you lot who decided not to claim there rebate are feeling a little silly now??, you gullible fools,did you really think that this club would start spending money?

They haven''t in any of the previous 3 years, why shoould they start now, should have taken your 70 quid!!

[/quote] Hmm...it appears that it hasn''t occurred to you that if we don''t have funds, a possible large part of the reason for it is that £1.4m of potential cash has been taken out of the club by people - quite legitimately - taking their rebate. Smugly stating that more people should have taken the money can be turned round: had ferwer people taken it, it could be argued that we may have signed Lee and Dickinson by now - we just won''t ever know. We ST holders had a choice and made it; it really was not rocket science to realise that we might miss out on some players we wanted as a result. Does that make you feel happier?[/quote]

Why don''t you join your cohorts - and suggest a price increase of season tickets for Division 3 football?

[/quote]

wait for it mello youll get picked up for saying division 3!!!  And ill pop to carrow road tomorrow,to give back the money,i think yoveil, millwall and exter is worth every penny!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

wait for it mello youll get picked up for saying division 3!!!  And ill pop to carrow road tomorrow,to give back the money,i think yoveil, millwall and exter is worth every penny![/quote]Why don''t you?And you may like to bear in mind that an equivalent ST to my £370 one at Millwall would cost you £425 (plus interest if you choose the installment plan...)That''s what Division 3 costs.

Awww, diddums. Having to watch games against Yeovil and Exeter instead of Man Utd and Chelsea. Isn''t life hard? I bet all the nasty boys in the playground bully you incessently about how rubbish your team is, don''t they?

Grow some bloomin'' backbone man. This is football for cryin'' out loud.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

wait for it mello youll get picked up for saying division 3!!! 

And ill pop to carrow road tomorrow,to give back the money,i think yoveil, millwall and exter is worth every penny!
[/quote]

Why don''t you?

And you may like to bear in mind that an equivalent ST to my £370 one at Millwall would cost you £425 (plus interest if you choose the installment plan...)

That''s what Division 3 costs.

[/quote]

I don''t care what you wish to pay for your season ticket....Millwall is in Laaaandaaan, ainnnt it!....Where everything is a tad more expensive anyhow. Beer, fags, pie mash an'' liqour - cost a pony....

This is Norfolk, where the average wage is below average. But, I almost forgot! You''re a successful entrepreneur business tycoon - and wouldn''t have a problem finding the spondoolies to pay more for Division 3 quality soccerball....

Although, why not take it upon yourself to personally write or send an e-mail to Mr ex Fulham Financer (maybe if the SCG is still ambling along) you could maybe verbally suggest it to him....I''m sure its crossed his mind, after all, he''s lived in Laaaandaaan.

You''d love sitting near us in the Upper Barclay Mr Question Mark.

Oh the joy of debating with you during a game would be an utter delight!

Me? I''m going back to my play pen and dummy!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

You don''t seriously, seriously believe that do you???. This is NCFC, we didnn''t spend proper money over the last 3 seasons when we were a championship club with championship gate receipts, THAT''S WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE NOW!!.

They still got 350k which was matched by Foulger, add 400k from Marshall and 700k coming for Clingan, and still can''t bid for Dickenson and Lee

It seems we haven''t learnt any lessons and are still trying to do it on the cheap, looks like we''re going to be in this league for a long time.

[quote user="?"]

Awww, diddums. Having to watch games against Yeovil and Exeter instead of Man Utd and Chelsea. Isn''t life hard? I bet all the nasty boys in the playground bully you incessently about how rubbish your team is, don''t they?

Grow some bloomin'' backbone man. This is football for cryin'' out loud.

sarcasm u tool! The fact is after relagtion we are being slated for claiming money,i wouldnt trust delia with your money let alone mine!

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]All whats left is returning Season Tickets and requesting full refunds as the season hasn''t started yet.   I know a few who are considering doing this. [/quote]

I know a poster on here who is doing exactly that. Or so he said.

i don''t give a monkeys whether the fee was 100k or 350k, we are being outbid for a player by the mighty Brighton and the club have invested NOTHING in response to the continuing loyalty of the fans. and STILL some smug posters are happy to put up with it or are too dumb to see the light. as one poster on this thread said, the only thing left is to return season tickets, which you are entitled to do right up to the first match of the season. So NCFC you have approx 3 weeks to show whether you have any ambition at all and actually sign some quality, or there will be a space in the lower Barclay for some other mug to occupy. I could put up with being in DIVISION 3, if we were actually trying to get out of it, but looks like we''re going to wallow in it. enough is enough

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]i don''t give a monkeys whether the fee was 100k or 350k, we are being outbid for a player by the mighty Brighton and the club have invested NOTHING in response to the continuing loyalty of the fans. and STILL some smug posters are happy to put up with it or are too dumb to see the light. as one poster on this thread said, the only thing left is to return season tickets, which you are entitled to do right up to the first match of the season. So NCFC you have approx 3 weeks to show whether you have any ambition at all and actually sign some quality, or there will be a space in the lower Barclay for some other mug to occupy. I could put up with being in DIVISION 3, if we were actually trying to get out of it, but looks like we''re going to wallow in it. enough is enough[/quote]Bet you don''t give it back, you like going to games too much, however angry you are. What will you do instead, go out for the day with Cluck, Smudge, First Wiz and Loan City? Erm, think I''ll keep mine.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]i don''t give a monkeys whether the fee was 100k or 350k, we are being outbid for a player by the mighty Brighton and the club have invested NOTHING in response to the continuing loyalty of the fans. and STILL some smug posters are happy to put up with it or are too dumb to see the light. as one poster on this thread said, the only thing left is to return season tickets, which you are entitled to do right up to the first match of the season. So NCFC you have approx 3 weeks to show whether you have any ambition at all and actually sign some quality, or there will be a space in the lower Barclay for some other mug to occupy. I could put up with being in DIVISION 3, if we were actually trying to get out of it, but looks like we''re going to wallow in it. enough is enough[/quote]Well said,i to will put up with league 1 footy, but its hard to stand back and watch whats happening!!! for people to moan about the rebate is a joke,money has been dribbled away for years, the problem is much higher!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]i don''t give a monkeys whether the fee was 100k or 350k, we are being outbid for a player by the mighty Brighton and the club have invested NOTHING in response to the continuing loyalty of the fans. and STILL some smug posters are happy to put up with it or are too dumb to see the light. as one poster on this thread said, the only thing left is to return season tickets, which you are entitled to do right up to the first match of the season. So NCFC you have approx 3 weeks to show whether you have any ambition at all and actually sign some quality, or there will be a space in the lower Barclay for some other mug to occupy. I could put up with being in DIVISION 3, if we were actually trying to get out of it, but looks like we''re going to wallow in it. enough is enough[/quote]

Well said,i to will put up with league 1 footy, but its hard to stand back and watch whats happening!!! for people to moan about the rebate is a joke,money has been dribbled away for years, the problem is much higher!
[/quote]

Spot on the pair of you!!! Barclay boys post sums the situation up nicely!!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I think we are now seeing the real reason why Mr Gunn was appointed full-time manager of NCFC....If he had a forelock to tug, he''d do it for the Directionless....

[/quote]

Ideed!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]
But, I almost forgot! You''re a successful entrepreneur business tycoon - and wouldn''t have a problem finding the spondoolies to pay more for Division 3 quality soccerball....

Although, why not take it upon yourself to personally write or send an e-mail to Mr ex Fulham Financer (maybe if the SCG is still ambling along) you could maybe verbally suggest it to him....I''m sure its crossed his mind, after all, he''s lived in Laaaandaaan.

[/quote]

Your jealousy is burning you up isn''t it? It''s either that or some form of dementia, your posts seem to be getting more bitter by the day.

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]We need a statement from the club telling us what the hell is going on at our beloved football club. If the reports of Brighton outbidding us for Dickinson and winning with a bid of 100k then something is wrong. Please tell us why all of our signings have been free transfers, why we are not bidding sufficiently for our targets and why there are so many trialsts at the club which will end up costing zilch to buy. Is our club is in more crises financially than it''s letting on? WE WANT ANSWERS AND QUICKLY. COME ON MAKE A STATEMENT[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint - and please don''t let it stop you - but Brighton have paid around £500k for the player with around £350k as a down payment and the rest on hire purchase.

[/quote] Good to have you back Cam, unfortunately what you have just said will be ignored as it was mentioned on here a few hours ago but the £100k sits better with the whingers so they can moan at us losing out for such a small fee!![/quote]

Of course it would be an even better story if DELIA''S Norwich City are outbid by Brighton on a £100k offer![:P]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote] The fee is undisclosed , or have they made an exception with you and let you in on the details.
[/quote]

Yes.  It always depends on who you know - it is the key to the business.  It depends on your "off the record" relationships.  That is the secret of this terrible business.  And why it is so enjoyable at the same time. 

We stick by what we have written on Brighton''s signing.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Yes.  It always depends on who you know - it is the key to the business.  It depends on your "off the record" relationships.  That is the secret of this terrible business.  And why it is so enjoyable at the same time. 

[/quote]

PS: Please feel free to comment on DELIA''S Norwich City being outbid at £100k. Whatever rocks your Broads cruiser.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Even if it was £300k or so upfront with add ons for performance related bonuses it still hardly shows NCFC in a good light does it?

Can''t afford Dickinson, can''t afford Lee and hoping that a couple out of some Serbian reject, Bridges, McVeigh, Martin and McDonald will do the trick.

We were even rumoured to be interested in taking Clive Platt off your hands, but no doub''t we could not afford him either?

All this from a club which expects to bounce back at the first attempt... [:$]

Maybe "Smudger" Gunn dont think hes WORTH over what he offered, then again what does Gunn know, its not like he managers Norwich is it ? Or know anything about football, is it ?????

Where as, you know everything about any player thats playing football today, and how much there worth.........

Yeah ok

Keep playing fantasy football, you never know, you just might win the league.............

[quote user="bloodwagon"]

Maybe "Smudger" Gunn dont think hes WORTH over what he offered, then again what does Gunn know, its not like he managers Norwich is it ? Or know anything about football, is it ?????

Where as, you know everything about any player thats playing football today, and how much there worth.........

Yeah ok

Keep playing fantasy football, you never know, you just might win the league.............

[/quote]

Gunny certainly doesn''t know much about managing a football team (at least we agree on something).

I know that unless we pay for an injection of 2 or 3 quality players in to what the squad that we currently have at Carrow Road then we have no chance of promotion.

I also know that having made my money and name for myself as a player (like Gunny has) I would not tarnish that reputation by attempting the impossible under the worst board of directors seen at NCFC.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="bloodwagon"]

Yeah ok

[/quote]

Gunny certainly doesn''t know much about managing a football team (at least we agree on something).

I know that unless we pay for an injection of 2 or 3 quality players in to what the squad that we currently have at Carrow Road then we have no chance of promotion.

I also know that having made my money and name for myself as a player (like Gunny has) I would not tarnish that reputation by attempting the impossible under the worst board of directors seen at NCFC.

[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks more of the TEAM and CITY than you, meaning that he wants to give back something for the city, and not take all the time. For that ( if it is the case and i think it is,) you got to admire him for trying, no matter whos the owner and how much he has to spend.

Anyways, i`ll still be seeing a min of 6 games in Sept, and will be singing me heart out. (Unlike some) !!!!!!!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]We need a statement from the club telling us what the hell is going on at our beloved football club.

If the reports of Brighton outbidding us for Dickinson and winning with a bid of 100k then something is wrong.

Please tell us why all of our signings have been free transfers, why we are not bidding sufficiently for our targets and why there are so many trialsts at the club which will end up costing zilch to buy.

Is our club is in more crises financially than it''s letting on?

WE WANT ANSWERS AND QUICKLY.

COME ON MAKE A STATEMENT[/quote]Too many people are quick to judge, there isn''t a club in the country that runs transfer details by its fans first for their appreciation... if you look at last nights team sheet perhaps that''ll tell you why Gunn wasn''t prepared to pay whatever for Dickinson. He''s not needed at the price that was asked, simple.There are other alternatives available and just cos we as fans, don''t know exactly what they are, its Gunns job to sign em not ours. Come the League games a forward will be in place but not before those that are on the clubs radar are assessed.So chill out an wait n see..

Despite being a supporter for 50 years I do not expect, nor want, the board/management to report to me/us at every twist and turn of the road onto signings. Maybe, the price of Dickinson is greater than our valuation. I have not seen him play so if BG does not want to spend more than 100k on him then we have to back his judgement. Even if we had Man City''s money I would still not want to pay more than he thinks the guy is worth. We would all be on the club''s back pdq if that was the case.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"]
But, I almost forgot! You''re a successful entrepreneur business tycoon - and wouldn''t have a problem finding the spondoolies to pay more for Division 3 quality soccerball....

[/quote]

Your jealousy is burning you up isn''t it? It''s either that or some form of dementia, your posts seem to be getting more bitter by the day.

[/quote]

Jealous? About what? I am most fortunate to have full employment and a regular wage....I envy you being able to post on here nearly all day, such a hard life.....

Dementia? I seem to recall you mentioning that I must have dementia in one of your previous retorts to one of my posts...or have you forgotten? Is that why your ''user-name'' has changed from Mangled Trout? Bunster? Delia thingy...etc - because you forgot who you were?

If you want to see real bitter, pop into the C & H Thorpe Road before or after the Col U game, I''ll be stood at the bar with my boorish buddies.

Feel free to make yourself known to me....Cheers![B]  ....I obviously get your goat.

PS, are you a member of the SCG?.....If not, why not?