Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Players leaving

Even though it''s fairly obvious to all that Russell and Clingan will both be leaving for pastures new soon, I thought I''d share some info that I found out last night.

Apparently neither player wants to leave but the club have told them both that they''re being sold regardless to reduce the wage bill and bring in some much needed transfer funds.

Both players are stalling on deals offered from various clubs as they don''t really want to leave and are settled in the area.

The fact that they''re both on a decent wage probably has something to do with it too.

Supposedly most of the rebate money has already been taken up by player wages thus the reason the club are desperate to get both players set up with new clubs.

Personally I couldn''t care less if Russell was to go but I''d like to see Clingan stay.

[quote user="super dave"]

Even though it''s fairly obvious to all that Russell and Clingan will both be leaving for pastures new soon, I thought I''d share some info that I found out last night.

Apparently neither player wants to leave but the club have told them both that they''re being sold regardless to reduce the wage bill and bring in some much needed transfer funds.

Both players are stalling on deals offered from various clubs as they don''t really want to leave and are settled in the area.

The fact that they''re both on a decent wage probably has something to do with it too.

Supposedly most of the rebate money has already been taken up by player wages thus the reason the club are desperate to get both players set up with new clubs.

Personally I couldn''t care less if Russell was to go but I''d like to see Clingan stay.

[/quote]

Why do people like you do this ? Do you live in some sort of fantasy land ? What a waste of space.

It''s one of my customers at work who''s friendly with one of the players in question.

He''s shown me the messages sent to him so I know it''s 100% true

People can believe whatever they choose to but don''t shoot the messenger

It''s one of my customers at work who''s friendly with one of the players in question.

He''s shown me the messages sent to him so I know it''s 100% true

People can believe whatever they choose to but don''t shoot the messenger

[/quote]

You may know it''s 100% true but we don''t. What "messages" were they anyway? Mobile phone, Email, letters?

I have heard the same about Clingan, hence he didnt get his agent involved and half heartidly met Covee. Shame as i''d love to keep him, but its either money now or a bosman next summer.

I blame Roeder for not tying him down longer!

Dave,

Your information may well be true, but why are we also not getting rid of Cureton and Stefanovic who are both amongst the highest earners at the club?

esp dejan... there is no space for him at the club. we have two senior centre backs, two highly rated youngster is stephens and dumic, spillane and OTJ who can play there as well as some Danish chap on trial who is a centre back. his wages are far too high to be a third choice player.

[quote user="The Chirp"]esp dejan... there is no space for him at the club. we have two senior centre backs, two highly rated youngster is stephens and dumic, spillane and OTJ who can play there as well as some Danish chap on trial who is a centre back. his wages are far too high to be a third choice player. [/quote]But who in their right mind would buy him?

IS,

He has no transfer value, but this should not stop the club to coming to a mutual agreement to pay off some, but not all, of his contract. This is what they did with Rivers if my memory serves me right.

My own suspicion is that they are trying to get the insurance money instead.

[quote user="The Chirp"]esp dejan... there is no space for him at the club. we have two senior centre backs, two highly rated youngster is stephens and dumic, spillane and OTJ who can play there as well as some Danish chap on trial who is a centre back. his wages are far too high to be a third choice player. [/quote]stefanovic is class!and what danish CB?

MIA,

Yes he is, but then so is Clingan. The context of the discussion is forcing players out of the club simply to save wages.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

MIA,

Yes he is, but then so is Clingan. The context of the discussion is forcing players out of the club simply to save wages.

[/quote]yeah, fair point there. also discovered the thread about the dane so ignore me there.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="The Chirp"]esp dejan... there is no space for him at the club. we have two senior centre backs, two highly rated youngster is stephens and dumic, spillane and OTJ who can play there as well as some Danish chap on trial who is a centre back. his wages are far too high to be a third choice player. [/quote]But who in their right mind would buy him?[/quote]norwich should cut their losses. a mutual consent deal to get him off the wage bill. He''s old, not played in say 10 months and is on a high wage... Just can''t see him getting a run of games to get match fitness. he needed that knee ready for the scotland tour. A knee injury at his stage in his career is very hard to come back from...Maybe he''ll play in all the pre season games back in england - i doubt it. He''ll find it hard getting in front of doherty and (lord) nelson.

Personally I think Dejan''s experience could prove invaluable this year. A solid old guy at the back, especially with the young lads coming in.

They were text messages sent

[/quote]

no.. they werent.. they were made up by you...

even if there were text messages sent anyone can whip out a mobile and say "look at this text i got from Sammy clingan!" cant they?

if you believe them then more fool you.

jas :)

King Canary,

No one is doubting his class, but given the financial position the club is in, I woudl be astonished if he palys for us again. I seem to recall some noise from his agent immediately post relegation saying something to the effetc that the club were trying to force him out.

i''d say in nelson and doherty there is plenty of experience there already. If Gunn is looking at a trialist centre back i would say he has concerns over dejan''s fitness.

Its ok saying that Clingan wants to stay, but why not question his intentions for doing so. He left Nottm Forest on a bosman, he would do the same to us. It is common knowledge that a highly sought after bosman player gets a big big signing on fee.

£1m transfer fee now, or £0 transfer fee in a year, could make Clingan £500k richer. If he really wants to stay he would come out and pledge his loyalty to the club, before stating that he would sign a contract extension.

The club is doing 100% the right thing in selling both Clingan and Russell. I would be gutted if Daryl Russell was in our squad against Colchester, he is a complete liability and as somebody put it on here a "busy player"......... busy running around doing nothing.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="super dave"]

They were text messages sent

[/quote]

no.. they werent.. they were made up by you...

even if there were text messages sent anyone can whip out a mobile and say "look at this text i got from Sammy clingan!" cant they?

if you believe them then more fool you.

jas :)

[/quote]

Exactly, I could send a text to you now Jas (if I had your number) pretending to be Sammy Clingan, 95% of people wouldn''t believe you. The other 5% would come and post it on here.

I see where you''re both coming from.

The only reason I believe this guy is because I know for a fact that he knows the player in question and speaks to him on a fairly regular basis

He also told me a while ago about the fact we were supposed to be getting Boothroyd as manager way before anything came out in the press

The only reason this didn''t happen was because Norwich decided to only offer him a deal until the end of the reason.

I''ve no probs if people don''t believe what I''m posting as there''s so much rumour flying about at the moment, but believe me I have no intention of posting rubbish and making myself look stupid.

[quote user="The Chirp"]esp dejan... there is no space for him at the club. we have two senior centre backs, two highly rated youngster is stephens and dumic, spillane and OTJ who can play there as well as some Danish chap on trial who is a centre back.

his wages are far too high to be a third choice player.
[/quote]

Stephanovic has already gone on record confirming that his contract contained a relegation clause and his wages have been reduced. He also said he wants to stay despite this. If Russell and Clingan contracts don''t contain a relegation clause then they should both be sold unless they sign a new contract on reduced wages - otherwise we will lose them both on Bosman''s next year.

This is basic football economics....BUT on the assumption that Clingan is one of our first choice players, this makes a mockery of our new CEO''s vow that "the football will come first" as clearly it doesn''t - money does.