Sign in to follow this  
Henry VIII

Paul McVeigh

Always bin a gifted player but just seems to shine bright in the yellow  un like cureton YET!!   sign him up will do no harm!!

[quote user="Dr. William Gilbert Grace"]

MY GUESS:

You got an E in GCSE english.

[/quote]that directed at me dr

[quote user="thumb180"][quote user="Dr. William Gilbert Grace"]

MY GUESS:

You got an E in GCSE english.

[/quote]that directed at me dr[/quote]i asume soo

Fat, small, can''t cross ,does not score enough goals mmmmm are we resigning lee croft ?

Mcveigh =joke could not get in Luton Town team .

Gunn doing quite well in other areas not a loan signing in sight but weeble Mcveigh is not going to be a success he has shot his lot.

So would you rahter have Otsemobor at right mid ?

McVeigh looked sharp in the Raith highlights and some nifty footwork for the goal. I say sign him up. Got nothing to lose.

[quote user="hugoagogo"]

Fat, small, can''t cross ,does not score enough goals mmmmm are we resigning lee croft ?

Gunn doing quite well in other areas not a loan signing in sight but weeble Mcveigh is not going to be a success he has shot his lot.

[/quote]

It was not that McVeigh could not get in the Luton team.  It was that Luton could not afford to play him.  McVeigh was on a very small salary at Luton but on appearance money of not far short of £2000 PER GAME which would have made him far and away Luton''s highest paid player had he been available for all 46 League games.  This was a contract agreed with the previous lot at Luton before they went mammaries up and which was inherited by the nice telly bloke what took over.

It was only when they got desperate towards the end of the season as Madam Fat Lady Conference began to warm up her vocal chords that they threw him in.  According to many Luton fans he did okay when they played him but the reason they didn''t play him all season was that they could not afford to as the player himself will tell you.

He''s certainly a bit chunky, although Gunn claims he is "very, very fit", but that is nothing new.  He still had enough to feint the Raith keeper when it mattered.

I believe it quite wrong to say "he couldn''t get in the Luton team."  It was that they could not afford to play him, confirmed both by the nice telly bloke in charge of Luton and the player himself.  They spent months trying to offload him either on a free or a loan so that they did not have to make a decision.

McVeigh is easy to negotiate with.  He does not have an agent.

If you don''t want him I would appreciate it if someone could mention Lincoln City as a "possible".  We don''t do appearance money but we will probably pay as much as he got at Luton last season.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="hugoagogo"]

[/quote]

It was not that McVeigh could not get in the Luton team.  It was that Luton could not afford to play him.  McVeigh was on a very small salary at Luton but on appearance money of not far short of £2000 PER GAME which would have made him far and away Luton''s highest paid player had he been available for all 46 League games.  This was a contract agreed with the previous lot at Luton before they went mammaries up and which was inherited by the nice telly bloke what took over.

It was only when they got desperate towards the end of the season as Madam Fat Lady Conference began to warm up her vocal chords that they threw him in.  According to many Luton fans he did okay when they played him but the reason they didn''t play him all season was that they could not afford to as the player himself will tell you.

He''s certainly a bit chunky, although Gunn claims he is "very, very fit", but that is nothing new.  He still had enough to feint the Raith keeper when it mattered.

I believe it quite wrong to say "he couldn''t get in the Luton team."  It was that they could not afford to play him, confirmed both by the nice telly bloke in charge of Luton and the player himself.  They spent months trying to offload him either on a free or a loan so that they did not have to make a decision.

McVeigh is easy to negotiate with.  He does not have an agent.

If you don''t want him I would appreciate it if someone could mention Lincoln City as a "possible".  We don''t do appearance money but we will probably pay as much as he got at Luton last season.

[/quote]

You have to remember "Cam".......

The moaners only see it as "he was not good enough for Luton", Cuz once they agree Luton could afford to play him, they cant moan about him, and you know as well as I, they LOVE to moan