Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

who do you want to stay..?

well a fair few players have had the chance of trying to prove to gunn they are worthy of a contract and still a few more to show they are worth a punt .

what players would you like to stay here and fight our corner next season .

my first choice would be paul mcveigh ..

why? he was a big part of our championship winning team and i firmly believe he has not been happy since he left norwich .

he can make something from nothing and has shown us he can score goals .

so who would you keep and why...????

Can''t say as i''ve never seen any of them play, except from Mcveigh but that was years ago, however i would have thought Powell the lad who got 2 and setup 2 against Fakenham would have been given another chance against one of the Scottish teams. I know it was only Fakenham but you can only play against what''s put infront of you.

Paul McVeigh, could never figure out why we let him go, always seemed to do well for us.  Maybe he was part of a Worthy clique or something.  Plus he has a great terrace song....

Another is Clingan.  If the rumours that he wants to stay are true then for me we simply must keep him.  Even if that means playing the loan game again for the winger and striker we desperately need.  He would be a top spec player for any team in the champ.  We need to retain players like that.  And finally Hoolahan.  Blackpool found a nice little niche position for him and he seriously hurt sides with his flair.  Hopefully we can find a similar role for him here.

I am hoping that the suprise package of the season will be Otsemebor.  If that boy ever twigs that people simply cant cope with his pace he will become a quality player.  I think though that with a little bit of confidence almost every player we saw last season will look better.

Other than that I want to see the kids given a shot.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Paul McVeigh, could never figure out why we let him go, always seemed to do well for us.  Maybe he was part of a Worthy clique or something.  Plus he has a great terrace song....

Another is Clingan.  If the rumours that he wants to stay are true then for me we simply must keep him.  Even if that means playing the loan game again for the winger and striker we desperately need.  He would be a top spec player for any team in the champ.  We need to retain players like that.  And finally Hoolahan.  Blackpool found a nice little niche position for him and he seriously hurt sides with his flair.  Hopefully we can find a similar role for him here.

I am hoping that the suprise package of the season will be Otsemebor.  If that boy ever twigs that people simply cant cope with his pace he will become a quality player.  I think though that with a little bit of confidence almost every player we saw last season will look better.

Other than that I want to see the kids given a shot.

[/quote]Didn''t he fall out with Worthington, i remember Worthy publically critisised him for being overweight and showing a lack of effort i think, but to be fair to Worthy, Mcveigh is/was massive.