Sign in to follow this  
SnakePit Lassy

Hoolahan staying?

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED16%20Jul%202009%2011%3A19%3A48%3A393

Says he definately is staying her for the beginning of the season

am very happy to read that.he has the ability to win games and thats what i was worried about we seem to be getting strong players in but no quality players that win games.. still need a few others who can turn a game.. but this news has deffinatly cheerd me up!!

Wes Hoolahan gave a swift response to questions about his Norwich City future yesterday - and says he will be starting the season at Carrow Road.

The diminutive left-sided midfielder has been the subject of transfer speculation over the summer, with some reports linking him with a move to Crystal Palace as part of the attempt to bring striker Alan Lee to Norwich.

But the 27-year-old appears happy to stay with City.

Asked about the speculation, he said: "I don''t know, I didn''t even know I was linked."

Hoolahan said no other clubs approached him and that he was preparing to be a Norwich player at the start of the season.

"Yes, of course, definitely," he said.

it doesn''t say lots of things, he''s staying and that''s good news. Carl Cort probably wanted to stay but who cares? Doesn''t make him any good.

he just answerd the question he was asked...

If he was asked, do you want to say he would have probably give the same answer.

a yes is a yes and he is staying. i don''t care how he words his answer i think your just being picky

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]

If he was asked, do you want to say he would have probably give the same answer.

a yes is a yes and he is staying. i don''t care how he words his answer i think your just being picky

[/quote]

You''re putting in answers that you want to see, sadly, thats not the case!

[quote user="singing canary"]starting the season at Carrow Road.[/quote]Could be a clever play on words. The transfer window doesn''t close till the 31st August but we kick off on the 8th. That gives other clubs three weeks to have him watched and assess his fitness. 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Its only my opinion"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and you''re finding thin gs to moan about because it''s your hobby. what''s the difference?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="singing canary"]starting the season at Carrow Road.[/quote]Could be a clever play on words. The transfer window doesn''t close till the 31st August but we kick off on the 8th. That gives other clubs three weeks to have him watched and assess his fitness. [/quote]

That''s the trouble Lapp the older we get the more cynical we get!

It''s like the player of the season, or the board stating they are backing a manager,gone in a flash.

[quote user="Danielt88"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Its only my opinion"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and you''re finding thin gs to moan about because it''s your hobby. what''s the difference?

[/quote]

Where am I moaning on this thread?............exactly!

Your reply just proves that you don''t read and digest properly.

Whilst on the face of it good news and he certainly doesn''t want to leave its worth acknowledging he does not say he wants to stay he says he is preparing to start the season at Norwich which is not quite the same thing. This is another example of what Archant have done more and more in the last couple of seasons which is to place sensationalist headlines on stories/billboards which do not actually mirror the actual quotes when you read the articles. really gets on my nerves.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst on the face of it good news and he certainly doesn''t want to leave its worth acknowledging he does not say he wants to stay he says he is preparing to start the season at Norwich which is not quite the same thing. This is another example of what Archant have done more and more in the last couple of seasons which is to place sensationalist headlines on stories/billboards which do not actually mirror the actual quotes when you read the articles. really gets on my nerves.[/quote]

Sorry should say he certainly doesn''t say he wants to leave!

[quote][quote]he just answerd the question he was asked...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Amazingly, I agree with Wiz, it''s another shocking piece of journalism from Archant. All it really says is "If no-one comes in for me, I''ll still be here", that doesn''t mean he wants to stay

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Danielt88"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Its only my opinion"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where am I moaning on this thread?............exactly!

Your reply just proves that you don''t read and digest properly.

[/quote]

My reply shows I am too busy to read everything you write. You''re just digging the article for a subtext when it isn''t really necessary

[quote user="Danielt88"]

My reply shows I am too busy to read everything you write. You''re just digging the article for a subtext when it isn''t really necessary

[/quote]

Not just me aparently!

I read it that he is comfortable to start the season with us.   It implies that he and his agent are not actively seeking another club for him and he denies being aware of any clubs expressing an interest in him.  And that stands him apart from both rusty and clingan who are flouting their availability to any passing manager.

So my personal conclusion is that he is fairly happy here and looking forward to playing some football.

My further reading between the lines is that he would also to be happy to move if any champs club decides to express an interest - and what professional would not?

[quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]Read it again, nowhere in that report does he say he wants to stay![:|][/quote]

Another case of fantastic journalism
[/quote]

You could almost say its deliberately misleading journalism as the headline is never less sensational than the article. i''m sure that I will be told this is standard practice in the newspaper industry but I can''t believe it is best practice and it seems to have got a lot worse with Archant in recent years.

If he stays I will be very happy. To be fair he doesn''t say he wants to stay but he says.."Yes, of course, definitely" Which kinda gives me the impression that he has no problems with staying what so ever.

I see it that he is happy to stay here but, as is the case with 99% of players would turn down an offer in the championship. It does sound like he is not actively whoreing himself out though.