Sign in to follow this  
Road to Nowhere

Adeyemi

I see Gunn has put Adeyemi on his own in the middle tonight.

How good is this guy? I''ve heard excellent things about him recently and sounds like he could be the new Damian Francis (before he shafted us).

Even though he is only young could he solve the holding midfield issue when Clingan goes?

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

How good is this guy? I''ve heard excellent things about him recently and sounds like he could be the new Damian Francis (before he shafted us).

Even though he is only young could he solve the holding midfield issue when Clingan goes?

[/quote]

I''ve seen him a few times and believe he''s an excellent player. I''m a bit torn between the two adages about playing youngsters too soon and if they are old enough they are good enough.

Judging from the Fakenham game, not really the best judgement, he is a box to box midfielder, one who will bust his gut to get on the end of the many loose balls on the edge of the box. At Fakenham he showed he can finish as well by scoring two. That was my first sighting of him and i was impressed.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]this afternoon????????

Played with him at school only a couple of years ago in the same team and have to say he was absolute quality!! The main problem he had was that he wasn''t particulary bulky but from seeing recent pictures this is now not the case!

His ambition was always to play for either England or Nigeria (his father is Nigerian) and who knows, he may eventually fufil those aspirations!

Watch this space [;)]!

I think he is highly rated. I was told about him by someone at the club 3 years ago when he was 14/15 and had been identified as the big hope coming out of the academy.

As I have said in another thread the fact they are prepared to chuck him in there as the only proper midfielder against an SPL teams shows that the management team must have some real faith in him.

He is not a footballer type either. Clever lad and local as well so would hopefully have some loyalty if he does make it.

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

Played with him at school only a couple of years ago in the same team and have to say he was absolute quality!! The main problem he had was that he wasn''t particulary bulky but from seeing recent pictures this is now not the case!

His ambition was always to play for either England or Nigeria (his father is Nigerian) and who knows, he may eventually fufil those aspirations!

Watch this space [;)]!

[/quote]

He has been weight training since the end of last season. He has bulked up quite a bit and has put on some much needed weight due to this. Has really been working on his fitness, and is determined to break into the 1st team.

He has got a great attitude and also has the ability to become a 1st team regular!!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I think he is highly rated. I was told about him by someone at the club 3 years ago when he was 14/15 and had been identified as the big hope coming out of the academy.

As I have said in another thread the fact they are prepared to chuck him in there as the only proper midfielder against an SPL teams shows that the management team must have some real faith in him.

He is not a footballer type either. Clever lad and local as well so would hopefully have some loyalty if he does make it.

[/quote]Clever is an understatement! Despite only attending school part-time, he is still predicted straight ''A''''s at A-Level. Would almost certainly have gone to Oxbridge if he hadn''t been offered a contract at Norwich.

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Clever is an understatement! Despite only attending school part-time, he is still predicted straight ''A''''s at A-Level. Would almost certainly have gone to Oxbridge if he hadn''t been offered a contract at Norwich.
[/quote]

And could have been a pro cricketer too by all accounts. One of these sickening people who is good at everything! Still as long as it doesn''t go to his head good luck to the kid and I hope he does make the first team this season!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]Clever is an understatement! Despite only attending school part-time, he is still predicted straight ''A''''s at A-Level. Would almost certainly have gone to Oxbridge if he hadn''t been offered a contract at Norwich.[/quote]

And could have been a pro cricketer too by all accounts. One of these sickening people who is good at everything! Still as long as it doesn''t go to his head good luck to the kid and I hope he does make the first team this season!

[/quote]I should have said, by all accounts (i.e. my son who was at school with him!) he is a really decent guy as well with no arrogance at all.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

I''ve seen him a few times and believe he''s an excellent player. I''m a bit torn between the two adages about playing youngsters too soon and if they are old enough they are good enough.

[/quote]

I think you have this thought the wrong way round Nutty. If what you have stated is correct, however, then I''m getting my shooting boots on as I''m just filled to the brim with how good I must be. 

[quote user="ACE"]Well today will test him alright!
[/quote]

certainly will, is it me, or is that team and formation a bit gung-ho?

poor old boy will be doing the defending for the whole midfield and probably the full back(s)

Well this is all good news. I''ve only seen him play once last year and was very impressed. The most promising thing to me is his demeanor and apparent great attitude.

Without putting any pressure on him(!!) we are overdue a real top player from our youth set up. Good luck to him.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]Clever is an understatement! Despite only attending school part-time, he is still predicted straight ''A''''s at A-Level. Would almost certainly have gone to Oxbridge if he hadn''t been offered a contract at Norwich.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I bet he''s got an enormous willy too!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you have this thought the wrong way round Nutty. If what you have stated is correct, however, then I''m getting my shooting boots on as I''m just filled to the brim with how good I must be. 

[/quote]

Oops!!! [:D]

Yes Yankee, of course I meant if they are good enough they are old enough! If old enough is good enough we can have you, me, Lapp and Jim across the midfield. Now there''s a thought[^o)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Yes Yankee, of course I meant if they are good enough they are old enough! If old enough is good enough we can have you, me, Lapp and Jim across the midfield. Now there''s a thought[^o)][/quote]You''ve got me excited now Nutty.  I''ve just put some Dubbin on my boots and Cathy is darning my socks, (the moths have had a field day). The shorts are a bit tight around the waist though so they must have shrunk in the wash. See you at Colney. [Y]

A big gung ho?  I personally think its madness, and can only be to put pressure on the attacking players to see how they cope with conflicting duties.

Certainly sounds like he has all the attributes.Would be good to see a youngster with genuine stand-out ability, we''re definitely over-due one.

[quote user="OTBC"]Certainly sounds like he has all the attributes.Would be good to see a youngster with genuine stand-out ability, we''re definitely over-due one.[/quote]

Perv.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Yes Yankee, of course I meant if they are good enough they are old enough! If old enough is good enough we can have you, me, Lapp and Jim across the midfield. Now there''s a thought[^o)][/quote]You''ve got me excited now Nutty.  I''ve just put some Dubbin on my boots and Cathy is darning my socks, (the moths have had a field day). The shorts are a bit tight around the waist though so they must have shrunk in the wash. See you at Colney. [Y]

[/quote]

Are people wearing shorts nowadays Lapp. I''ll have to cut a pair of long trousers down. By the way Nutty, I wouldn''t make light of your midfield selection. Remember, getting players with the right attitude is half the battle.