Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Gunn - hilarious!

Actually what concerned me is this Whaley chappie needs time to think over the offer we have apparently made.

To be in this position to what sounds a very ordinary player shows how far we have fallen.

Onwards and upwards

he is a player who has found it hard to get in the preston team .

he has hardly hit the dizzy heights of european football or some high profile wiz kid.

i bet alot of people have never heard of him .!!!

hardly a big signing besides he has not agreed terms yet .

at least wait untill he is signed before stating we can still get big players in because the rest have been free transfers !!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Actually what concerned me is this Whaley chappie needs time to think over the offer we have apparently made. To be in this position to what sounds a very ordinary player shows how far we have fallen. Onwards and upwards[/quote]

I think it could be more about location - born in Bolton, played for Bury, Barnsley and Preston - all within spitting distance of each other.

I must confess DEB, you annoy the hell out of me, so if you''re trolling, then congratulations.If

not, I suggest you take up some form of hobby you enjoy, as I don''t

think you''ve ever exhibited a single positive sentiment in all my time

lurking these message boards.Surely you would enjoy life more

if you found ways to mitigate any dissapointment you have regarding

NCFC, instead of spewing morose drivel onto this board?  Or is your aim

to depress other posters such as myself?  (Note, the content of the

complaints doesn''t annoy, more the frequency and continual negativity)The above post certainly won''t effect change at the club - at any level - so what is your motivation?And yes, I enjoy using poncy words, and am above ALL criticism due to my insane awesome-ness ;) ;)PS - The accusations in this post can be aimed at other posters other than DEB.  You know who you are :p

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Gunn bashing at is worse, even I''m not going this far, and I''ve done my fair sure!

[/quote]**faints**

[quote user="singing canary"]most of the players norwich have got i had never heard of before we signed them !!! what is he talking about ..[/quote]

This quote just shows the depth of your football knowledge. The four players we have signed come with glowing CV''s in the lower leagues. Gill has been exeters outstanding player for the last two years and is a local lad that is going to be proud to wear the yellow shirt. Tudor-Jones is a welsh international. Nelson has been a solid centre back for best part of ten years and Theo has been in goal for the winning side of the Aussie league two years on the trot. So just because you have not heard of them does not make them bad players, it just means you do not have a wide football knowledge,

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Oh! I say.[/quote]

Worthy got us in the Premiership but the Board soon rectified that?

[:)][:#]

OTBC

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

[quote user="singing canary"]most of the players norwich have got i had never heard of before we signed them !!! what is he talking about ..[/quote]

This quote just shows the depth of your football knowledge. The four players we have signed come with glowing CV''s in the lower leagues. Gill has been exeters outstanding player for the last two years and is a local lad that is going to be proud to wear the yellow shirt. Tudor-Jones is a welsh international. Nelson has been a solid centre back for best part of ten years and Theo has been in goal for the winning side of the Aussie league two years on the trot. So just because you have not heard of them does not make them bad players, it just means you do not have a wide football knowledge,

[/quote]

I could tell you about Gorleston''s leading players. Would that count?

Both of you have a bit of a point really.

The problem is that most of us are not yet used to viewing things through third division eyes - including the club hierarchy who I suspect are overconfident about getting back up to thr second division right away.

OTBC

I admit myself, that I do not have a wide football knowledge, and each time we get a new signing, I am scrambling on the internet to find out who the player is.

What I have accepted, (which many people on here still haven''t) is that we are now in League One, so therefore need to recruit from said level. This league is new ground for us and therefore the players are going to be somewhat "unknown to many of us"

I''m sure that 2 seasons ago, Luton fans would have been fuming to have been linked with players from the conference, but now they have to because of their position.

If any one wants to shoot me down because of my comments do so. This is my opinion,

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Gunn bashing at is worse, even I''m not going this far, and I''ve done my fair sure!

[/quote]That from the man who started a hate campaign against Gunnys daughter.  Now that was a low as it gets.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

That from the man who started a hate campaign against Gunnys daughter.  Now that was a low as it gets.
[/quote]

Jeez, with some on here I''ll neve win, and hate campaign? you''re a damn drama queen!

what are you talking about .

i have never done much research in divisions lower than the championship as norwich have never been lower than that in my lifetime .

i bet if you ask arsenal manchester united fans who the players are they would not have no idea .

please dont insult me as i have never had need to know much about players of divisions norwich are not in .

do you know the finland national team without looking it up ? .. i didnt think so .

at a push .. i admit this is a division i dont know much about as i have had no reason too

i certainly was not slating any players i hope they turn out to be good or we have found hidden gems .

but gunn to say we can still bring in big players when not many have any idea of who they are untill they look it up thus they cant be big signings !!!.

sorry if i came across a bit harsh .!!

No worries,

I understand your point that they are not household names but you can''t really expect us to bring in ex prem players when in league 1. We just need to truct Gunny and his background team and give them full support.

(Please note that my attitude may change come november when we maybe 3rd from bottom and have brought in 14 loan players! )

saying that i agree with you .

as i said before the norwich of old used to do that .

bring players in who no-one had heard of and make plenty of money on them !!

i cant see us bringing in loads of loan players i think what happened last season must have choked gunny off doing that .

maybe 4 or 5 at a push .!!

[quote user="singing canary"]at a push .. i admit this is a division i dont know much about as i have had no reason too i certainly was not slating any players i hope they turn out to be good or we have found hidden gems . but gunn to say we can still bring in big players when not many have any idea of who they are untill they look it up thus they cant be big signings !!!. sorry if i came across a bit harsh .!![/quote]

Singing Canary - what you say is fair up to a point - we aren''t going to be signing ''true'' big names for quite a while.  However I would argue that its the Big Names that have got us in this position either in their playing time or getting fed up with lack of progress......Earnshaw.....Ashton.....Green.....even going back to Chris Sutton (who''s sale probably ended us getting relegated in 95)

We need to start rebuilding the club - and as mentioned elsewhere a lot of these new players are known as quality in Leagues 1 and 2 - so for the level we''re at they are Big Names.  Sorry if you were secretly hoping for Adebayor coming to Colney

i ment players like fox crook bowen bruce .

all through the youth ranks or rejects from other teams .

bruce came from gillingham and went on to be manchester uniteds captain .

we never paid big money for players even ashton came from crew .

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Oh! I say.[/quote]

Worthy got us in the Premiership but the Board soon rectified that?

[:)][:#]

OTBC

[/quote]

Of course!  The relegation from the Prem was nothing to do with what was happening on the pitch then?  If the Board was culpable for that it was purely that they let Worthington stay in the job when he was clearly not up to it tactically 

Since It has come up here, I was wondering on the "I''ve never heard of them" thing, here is a jumbled version of the PFA league 1 team of the year.How many players/clubs/positions can you match up?Players:

George Boyd, Fabian Delph, Neal Eardley, Matty Fryatt, Jack Hobbs, Rickie Lambert, Dean Lewington, Joe Murphy, Sean O’Hanlon, Matt Oakley, Chris TaylorTeams:Bristol Rovers, Leeds United, Leicester City (3), MK Dons (2), Oldham Athletic (2), Peterborough United, Scunthorpe UnitedI managed 5.

Looks like fun [;)]

George Boyd - Peterborough

Fabian Delph - Leeds

Neal Eardley - Oldham

Matty Fryatt - Leicester

Jack Hobbs - Leicester

Rickie Lambert - Bristol Rovers

Dean Lewington - MK Dons

Joe Murphy - Scunthorpe

Sean O''Hanlon - MK Dons

Matt Oakley - Leicester

Chris Taylor - Oldham