Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Team for ST Johnstone game..

The team in full to face St Johnstone is: Rudd, Otsemobor, Lappin, Askou, Doherty, Adeyemi, McVeigh, McDonald, Bridges, Martin, Hoolahan. Subs: Dumic, Steer, Craig, Maric, Stephens, Tudur Jones, Gill.

Also says we will play 4-3-3. Front three of martin,mcdonald and bridges. With mcveigh on right, hoolahan on left and adeyemi in the middle. Also the trialist Jens Berthel Askou partnering the Doc at Centre back

Thats a hell of an attacking line-up. Adeyemi is basically our only midfielder! Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Drury will not be playing as he played on Tuesday and Gunn has already said he would change things around.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Finally Drury not playing. No doubt injured again, or just dropped for poor performances.
[/quote]
Don''t think you understand the idea of pre-season friendlies.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Big Bob"]Finally Drury not playing. No doubt injured again, or just dropped for poor performances.[/quote]Don''t think you understand the idea of pre-season friendlies.[/quote]LOL, it was a joke, there would be something rather wrong if you were dropped for performances in friendlies.

------------------ Rudd ------------------Otsemobor -- Askou -- Doherty -- Lappin--- McVeigh --- Adeyemi --- Hoolahan ------ Bridges ---- Martin ---- McDonald ---Subs : Dumic, Steer, Craig, Maric, Stephens, Tudur Jones, Gill.

..... Wow, that''s a pretty fierce line up.

[quote user="TomSlisz"]Scott Nielson hasnt played yet looks like he isnt going to be offered a contract[/quote]

No sign of him in Scotland either.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="TomSlisz"]Scott Nielson hasnt played yet looks like he isnt going to be offered a contract[/quote]

No sign of him in Scotland either.

[/quote]

Maybe Cambridge didnt want him going on the tour?

From an earlier story:

"We''ve got friendly games coming up so it might be an opportunity, if things go well, to get permission from Cambridge City to ask him to play in those games as well."
-Gunn

I guess we''ll see if hes still about come Wigan/ Man U

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]I can see a high scoring game with this formation[/quote]

Looks like Gunn has got his back four decided and wants to look at all his striking options.

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]I can see a high scoring game with this formation[/quote]

Looks like Gunn has got his back four decided and wants to look at all his striking options.

[/quote]What''s that then? Please not Otsemobor or Drury??? I''d rather have....... Spillane     Doherty      Nelson (stefanovic when fit)     Lappin.

Probably been mentioned before but what about the 3 ex spurs youngsters, and the CB. Have they gone to Scotland, or just gone?

[quote user="John"]------------------ Rudd ------------------Otsemobor -- Askou -- Doherty -- Lappin--- McVeigh --- Adeyemi --- Hoolahan ------ Bridges ---- Martin ---- McDonald ---Subs : Dumic, Steer, Craig, Maric, Stephens, Tudur Jones, Gill.

..... Wow, that''s a pretty fierce line up.[/quote]Tell you what .... Lappin and Otsemobor are going to have to concentrate .... we''re screwed [;)]Should be a good test for Adeyemi though.

[quote user="Henry"][quote user="John"]------------------ Rudd ------------------

Otsemobor -- Askou -- Doherty -- Lappin

--- McVeigh --- Adeyemi --- Hoolahan ---

--- Bridges ---- Martin ---- McDonald ---

Subs :

Dumic, Steer, Craig, Maric, Stephens, Tudur Jones, Gill.

..... Wow, that''s a pretty fierce line up.
[/quote]

Tell you what .... Lappin and Otsemobor are going to have to concentrate .... we''re screwed [;)]

Should be a good test for Adeyemi though.
[/quote]

I have high hopes for Adeyemi this season and judging by this line up the management team must have a lot of faith in him to hold the fort in the midfield as well. It could be important if he breaks through as I am not wholly convinced that OTJ and Gill is a promotion chasing midfield.

[/quote]

How did you come to that conclusion? He has made changes in defence as well.