Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

People complainig about lack of money for signings

the same ones who took the rebate "to send a message".

Hope the message was worth it to you.

So by renewing a season ticket this is of no benefit to the club, no need for another cheap shot at the season ticket holders.

My point is should people who claimed their rebate to make a point / send a message (i.e. didnt need the money but took it as way of a protest) really be surprised if we cannot compete in the transfer market 

[quote user="paul ncfc"]So by renewing a season ticket this is of no benefit to the club, no need for another cheap shot at the season ticket holders.
[/quote]

That was said by? When?

[quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

As I''ve said on other threads and will say again on this, we didn''t spend serious money in any of the last 3 years when we were a chmpionship club with championship tickets prices - thats why we are in the position we are now.

Why would think they would start doing it know -rebate money or no rebate money?

I think they''re frustrated with the fact over £700,000 has been put straight into Gunny''s playing budget, and we''ve yet to see any transfer fees (I''m not including OTJ in this because the fee is unconfimed) paid out. It''s as if it''s gone straight into a black hole.

[quote user="Bexley"]My point is should people who claimed their rebate to make a point / send a message (i.e. didnt need the money but took it as way of a protest) really be surprised if we cannot compete in the transfer market [/quote]

Yes we should be very surprised, we have sold over double the amount of season tickets than every other club in the devision, leeds have only sold 10 000 and our price after deductions are no cheaper than most of the clubs in our league... so yes we should all be very surprised we can not compete!

I was under the impression that this money was going to be "ring-fenced" and spent specifically on buying a player/players.

[quote user="Bexley"]My point is should people who claimed their rebate to make a point / send a message (i.e. didnt need the money but took it as way of a protest) really be surprised if we cannot compete in the transfer market [/quote]I may aswell say it, since most people are thinking it.You''re a complete fcuking idiot.

[quote user="Webbo118"]I was under the impression that this money was going to be "ring-fenced" and spent specifically on buying a player/players.[/quote]lol.....if only!!!

[quote user="Webbo118"]I was under the impression that this money was going to be "ring-fenced" and spent specifically on buying a player/players.[/quote]

And who''s to say it isn''t? But would not several hundred thousand extra £''s have strengthened our hand in the transfer market?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]My point is should people who claimed their rebate to make a point / send a message (i.e. didnt need the money but took it as way of a protest) really be surprised if we cannot compete in the transfer market [/quote]
I may aswell say it, since most people are thinking it.
You''re a complete fcuking idiot.
[/quote]

I think that with comments like that your description is more apt for yourself

[quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

Thats it blame the fans AGAIN,jesus christ some of you make my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

Thats it blame the fans AGAIN,jesus christ some of you make my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I haven''t blamed anyone - I have asked a question

[quote user="Bexley"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]My point is should people who claimed their rebate to make a point / send a message (i.e. didnt need the money but took it as way of a protest) really be surprised if we cannot compete in the transfer market [/quote]I may aswell say it, since most people are thinking it.You''re a complete fcuking idiot.[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe. But then again im not the one blaming the fans for a board that has, in all financial and football sectors, failed as a whole with very limited success.

[quote user="Bexley"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In all fairness mate, I cannot see where the question lies in your original post.

[quote user="Bexley"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah course your not,ok then i''ll answer it, Yes it was!

I thought after reading the title of the thread this was going to be a well thought article, displaying how we wasted millions on the likes of Jamie Cureton, David Strihavka, Chris Brown, David Bell, David Marshall, Lee Croft, Gary Doherty.... etc. (not all ''bad'' exactly, but there was evidently money wasted either on limited talent in comparion, or the fee''s we got in return for the transfer), and how in the end your well earned money would of more than likely of amounted to nothing.Unfortunately what ''you'' typed was just some one dimensional rubbish to go on top of the rapidly increasing size of the pile of c*** being churned out by a lot of fans of recent.Disappointing (not like i should expect much more from some on this board though i guess)......

[quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

Oh I see - I''ts all my fault. People like me are fully to blame for the fact that the club is £22m in debt & unable to find funds to purchase players.

Many thanks - I get it now, I am most sorry!!!!!!

Please forgive me.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]My point is should people who claimed their rebate to make a point / send a message (i.e. didnt need the money but took it as way of a protest) really be surprised if we cannot compete in the transfer market [/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Maybe. But then again im not the one blaming the fans for a board that has, in all financial and football sectors, failed as a whole with very limited success.
[/quote]

I''m not blaming the fans - I recognise that fans do massive good for this club. What I am  is surprised that people are surpised that we appear not to be able to compete in the transfer market whenthey knew that we were / are in the financial mire. They had the opportunity to assist with that some chose not to (because they needed the money etc) others chose not to because they wanted to "send a message" - I suppose my question is was the message worth sending at the expense of buying power that we now have?  

[quote user="John"]I thought after reading the title of the thread this was going to be a well thought article, displaying how we wasted millions on the likes of Jamie Cureton, David Strihavka, Chris Brown, David Bell, David Marshall, Lee Croft, Gary Doherty.... etc. (not all ''bad'' exactly, but there was evidently money wasted either on limited talent in comparion, or the fee''s we got in return for the transfer), and how in the end your well earned money would of more than likely of amounted to nothing.Unfortunately what ''you'' typed was just some one dimensional rubbish to go on top of the rapidly increasing size of the pile of c*** being churned out by a lot of fans of recent.Disappointing (not like i should expect much more from some on this board though i guess)......[/quote]Well i say ''some'', but [8-)]......

[quote user="Mushroom"][quote user="Bexley"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True. Apologies, a "?" should have been put after "message"

In all fairness mate, I cannot see where the question lies in your original post.

[/quote]

[quote user="Bexley"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]My point is should people who claimed their rebate to make a point / send a message (i.e. didnt need the money but took it as way of a protest) really be surprised if we cannot compete in the transfer market [/quote]I may aswell say it, since most people are thinking it.You''re a complete fcuking idiot.[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe. But then again im not the one blaming the fans for a board that has, in all financial and football sectors, failed as a whole with very limited success.[/quote]

I''m not blaming the fans - I recognise that fans do massive good for this club. What I am  is surprised that people are surpised that we appear not to be able to compete in the transfer market whenthey knew that we were / are in the financial mire. They had the opportunity to assist with that some chose not to (because they needed the money etc) others chose not to because they wanted to "send a message" - I suppose my question is was the message worth sending at the expense of buying power that we now have?  

[/quote]And if you''d have put it like that maybe you wouldn''t have got the response i gave you, sorry.It''s simply that a few posters lately have tried blaming the fans for a lack of transfer funds where really if the club was run in a better fashion, rebates wouldn''t even be an issue.

[quote user="Bexley"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Maybe. But then again im not the one blaming the fans for a board that has, in all financial and football sectors, failed as a whole with very limited success.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Bexley but the reason for lack of money is that the club has been badly run over the past few years and mistake by the board have affected the club on and off the pitch,your saying that because a large number of us took the rebate we are unable to buy players,and that is complete tripe!!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
And if you''d have put it like that maybe you wouldn''t have got the response i gave you, sorry.
It''s simply that a few posters lately have tried blaming the fans for a lack of transfer funds where really if the club was run in a better fashion, rebates wouldn''t even be an issue.
[/quote]

No problem - my post was not very clear

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Bexley"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Bexley but the reason for lack of money is that the club has been badly run over the past few years and mistake by the board have affected the club on and off the pitch,your saying that because a large number of us took the rebate we are unable to buy players,and that is complete tripe!!

[/quote]

I don''t disagree that things have been run appalingly in the past - what I don''t "get" though is that people seem surprised that we have little money to spend as if something massive has changed since June which means we now can''t compete in the transfer market. It''s a genuine question - was "sending a message" worth it now the reality has sunk in that (allegedly) we can''t compete with the likes of Brighton in the transfer market?   

[quote user="Bexley"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Bexley"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]Maybe. But then again im not the one blaming the fans for a board that has, in all financial and football sectors, failed as a whole with very limited success.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t disagree that things have been run appalingly in the past - what I don''t "get" though is that people seem surprised that we have little money to spend as if something massive has changed since June which means we now can''t compete in the transfer market. It''s a genuine question - was "sending a message" worth it now the reality has sunk in that (allegedly) we can''t compete with the likes of Brighton in the transfer market?   

[/quote]Losing out to a club in the transfer market run by a ''massive'' multi-millionaire? Can''t personally see the shame in it myself.....

[quote user="Bexley"]My point is should people who claimed their rebate to make a point / send a message (i.e. didnt need the money but took it as way of a protest) really be surprised if we cannot compete in the transfer market [/quote]

Ultimately those of us who did choose to pay Division 3 prices for Division 3 football (the same ones who don''t go into a garage, buy a new car and say, "....no keep the scrappage charge - I want to help the government and the bankers out of the crisis"!) may be proved wrong and the £700k + Marshall money + Clingan and Russell money may be spend on buying players. But how many people who gave back their rebates would have done so if the message had been - "Give us back that money and we will spend it on the wages of freebees, agents fees and what''s left of last years failures". Because that''s what''s looking most likely and someone will eventually be forced to admit it.

[quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote] ok...for all those who didnt claim the rebate are now thinking...WHERE THE FECK IS THE REBATE MONEY FOR TRANFERS???

i would say 8 out of 10 took the rebate money simpley because they didnt trust the board with it...and at this minute in time are being proved RIGHT!!!