Sign in to follow this  
M.E

Raith Highlights

Looks like Otsemobor has not changed one bit with that awful backpass there. Really have got to get rid of him

Is it just me or is anyone else failing to actually recognise who any of those people are

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

Looks like Otsemobor has not changed one bit with that awful backpass there. Really have got to get rid of him

Is it just me or is anyone else failing to actually recognise who any of those people are

[/quote]Dont let the facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.   Back pass was by Spillane.I was rather positive about us until I saw that footage.   Very shocking at the back and Matty Pattison has not been working on his passing I see.

Cheers M.E. Some sloppy defending going on.Good cross and goal though!!! Best air-shot i have seen in a long time[:P]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="ndhscanary"]

[/quote]

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.   Back pass was by Spillane.

I was rather positive about us until I saw that footage.   Very shocking at the back and Matty Pattison has not been working on his passing I see.
[/quote]

Agree that the defence looked very suspect, although Drury''s last ditch tackle was exceptional. Despite Chris Lakey''s comment last night, the little shown of him suggests that Maric is a bit pedestrian, but good to see Matty Patty looking lively again, although, as you rightly say, his passing didn''t look too cracky on occasions. Still think he could be a big player in League One if given the chance.

No worries on the link just found it and thought i hadn''t seen it on here. That air kick was comical. There does seem a lot of work to be done still if these players will be representing us in the league especially with Spillane''s back pass, but it was good to see the quick feet of the young trialist who''s name escapes me for that effort in the second half and Mcveigh looked very good in the highlights and Pattison showed good energy and a good cross for the goal. Let''s hope the team can iron out the errors and increase the quality between now and colchester.

Oh dear, that was genuinely quite poor in all departments.The passing was generally rooky, the defending quite useless, and the finishing up front was lacklustre, bar the effort from McVeigh of course.Although concerning the Spillane error, i''d place most the blame on Nelson. Michael did as best he could with what was a poorly weighted pass to him, but seemingly failed to really recover while up against too much pressure.However, if that performance is anything to go by we have a lot to be worried about next season.If Raith''s number 9 could kick a ball properly they would of walked all over us without a doubt.

Lets hope this Danish defender is good, because we certainly need him to be!

Cheers for posting the link.

We didn''t look great but it''s all about getting fit, players getting to  know each other and having a look at some possibilities, so a worthwhile exersise.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="missing in action"]defence was plainly awful. [/quote]

Based on what? a three minute video?[:S]

[/quote]yhthey were, getting caught out constantly there by the looks of it.got your rose tinted shades on?

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="missing in action"]defence was plainly awful.
[/quote]

[/quote]
yh
they were, getting caught out constantly there by the looks of it.
got your rose tinted shades on?
[/quote]

Yes!

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="ndhscanary"]

[/quote]Dont let the facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.   Back pass was by Spillane.I was rather positive about us until I saw that footage.   Very shocking at the back and Matty Pattison has not been working on his passing I see.[/quote]Yes, but Semmy is still shockingly awful.

Hmmm.What number was McVeigh wearing? He actually looked good, some really nice touches and his goal was pretty cooly done. He defenitely still has that creativity and the touch - has he got the legs? I wonder if he would be better up front that Jamie?Tudor-Jones, how much does he shout and boy is that guy intimidating - he is mahoosive! To be fair there is not a lot there. As much as our defence looked shaky I wonder if it had anything to do with them taking this as a bit of a stroll.After that unbelievable air shot by their striker which was the first highlight even I would have taken it down a gear. You can''t play seriously against players like that! I mean the ball wasn''t even bobbling or anything?!!In all seriousness the games to measure this squad by will be those at Palace and against Wigan. I should imagine that a lot of the loanees will be sorted out by then and a couple of other players brought into the squad.

Most days City would have lost that by 3-1 or so.  

Assuming of course that the video was fairly edited.

We''ll see.

OTBC

That looked dire. Seriously any reasonable strikeforce would have banged four passed us, we were opened up FAR too easily. It is mid table or lower on those highlights....how we need investment and quality FAST. Last years weak side is looking no better at all. When the one highlight is an ageing player we were glad to release some years ago- you know you are in trouble.

I''ve always liked McVeigh. If he was 6 foot 2 (of nigerian muscle) W4nkhorn would have been creaming himself. Unfortunately for him he''s fairly diminuative, but get him on the ball and he''s mustard. Has a first touch, vision and an eye for goal. Sign him up!

Even though im ever the optimist..I''m slightly worried by that short snippet.

Hmmm.

McVeigh does look good though...as does steer.

To be fair it is only their first ''proper'' pre-season friendly, so there will still be a certain amount of rustiness - and I doubt there will be too many games next season when we play Stephens, with Semmy on the wing! IMO, atm it is all about getting match fitness, the results are largely irrelevant but it is always good to win.

But you do have to hope that a lot of concentration on defence will be the order of the day, it has been our main weakness for several seasons.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]To be fair it is only their first ''proper'' pre-season friendly, so there will still be a certain amount of rustiness - and I doubt there will be too many games next season when we play Stephens, with Semmy on the wing! IMO, atm it is all about getting match fitness, the results are largely irrelevant but it is always good to win. But you do have to hope that a lot of concentration on defence will be the order of the day, it has been our main weakness for several seasons.[/quote]

I don''t suppose you checked to see whether or not it was Raith''s first ''proper'' pre-season friendly too?

I mean - just for a little wee balance.

Pity that ''cusI love the real Branston Pickle!!

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="missing in action"]defence was plainly awful.
[/quote]

[/quote]

In which they had loads of chances ALL created by defensive errors!!