Sign in to follow this  
Glasgow_Rangers

Chris Craig

Hi there, Rangers fan here in peace.I''ve been a huge admirer of the youngster you have on trial Chris Craig, he was rated really highly here at Rangers he was with us for 11 years and was always progessing up until last year when he got a nasty knee-injury. I don''t think it''s fair that Rangers released him because of this it''s no way to treat a youngster who''s one of the highest rated players in the youth systemI''m glad he''s getting a chance to prove his talent again with your club i''m wondering if anyone saw him at Raith? How did he get on? I just found a thread with the highlights there he was unlucky with his chance he showed great paceIf he can put his knee problems behind him you''se will have bagged yourself a really talented young playerGood luck with the season ahead, hope you get back to the Championship.

Hi Rangers fan, is good to hear that we are looking at a decent player....from what Gunn said, he came on a recommendation from Ally McCoist, who ought to know a good one when he sees one!

It doesn''t seem that anyone has posted anything about the performances at Raith, but he played a good 30+ minutes and we have two more games up there to have a look at him. If he is as good as you say I hope we sign him!

[quote user="Glasgow_Rangers"]Hi there, Rangers fan here in peace.I''ve been a huge admirer of the youngster you have on trial Chris Craig, he was rated really highly here at Rangers he was with us for 11 years and was always progessing up until last year when he got a nasty knee-injury. I don''t think it''s fair that Rangers released him because of this it''s no way to treat a youngster who''s one of the highest rated players in the youth systemI''m glad he''s getting a chance to prove his talent again with your club i''m wondering if anyone saw him at Raith? How did he get on? I just found a thread with the highlights there he was unlucky with his chance he showed great paceIf he can put his knee problems behind him you''se will have bagged yourself a really talented young playerGood luck with the season ahead, hope you get back to the Championship.[/quote]thanks for the information and your good wishes

Nice one mate, a refreshing change!

Lets hope so, dare I mention his name in this thread but Bellars managed it after suffering some serious injury problems as a youngster and whilst he has had is fair share of knocks and lay offs since then it by no means has to be the end of a players career.

Hopefully Chris Craig enjoys the same success (for us) and I was tempted to try and mix Derek Bentley or at least “Let him have it” into an earlier thread that’s probably best left for now!

As a side issue supporting Rangers must be one of footballs real oddities, you’ll probably win something every season, you will play in Europe every season and you certainly won’t suffer relegation, doesn’t it get boring, would you rather play in a  British league?

Sorry for the partial hijack

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Nice one mate, a refreshing change!

Lets hope so, dare I mention his name in this thread but Bellars managed it after suffering some serious injury problems as a youngster and whilst he has had is fair share of knocks and lay offs since then it by no means has to be the end of a players career.

Hopefully Chris Craig enjoys the same success (for us) and I was tempted to try and mix Derek Bentley or at least “Let him have it” into an earlier thread that’s probably best left for now!

As a side issue supporting Rangers must be one of footballs real oddities, you’ll probably win something every season, you will play in Europe every season and you certainly won’t suffer relegation, doesn’t it get boring, would you rather play in a  British league?

Sorry for the partial hijack

[/quote]No it dosen''t get boring actually it get''s more exciting each year because of our rivalry with "the dark side". Playing in Europe is always great because you''re welcoming Europes finest players to Ibrox and it''s good to compete with all the major European clubs.If there was no Celtic and it was us running away with the league every year then it would certainly get boring, but it gets sweeter every year we win the league.

Thanks for replying guys.When is your next friendly game?

Rangers,Reports at this end seem to suggest that Craig was pushed down the pecking order by a certain Fleck.The reports on Craig say he is a technically good player and very tricky on the ball, has he ever played out wide,does he have the pace or has he purely been deployed up front?With our game today being attended by several scouts of other clubs (Gunn''s words), there should be options there for Craig if he impresses.Normally when other clubs fans post on here I tend to wish them luck for the season (apart from Ippy),but I think you don''t really need any as you look safe.

Apoligies for being off the Chris Craig topic, But Glasgow Ranger, Do you know what the ticket situation is for the emerites on the 2nd august ???

I was there on Tuesday. He does have a nice touch on the ball, and is a quick-footed player. A couple of really nice touches on the ball. Did well to get in a position to score but perhaps a lack of match sharpness cost him. A nice looking player, very much as Gunn suggested. Hope we have a good look at him.

[quote user="Glasgow_Rangers"]Hi there, Rangers fan here in peace.

I''ve been a huge admirer of the youngster you have on trial Chris Craig, he was rated really highly here at Rangers he was with us for 11 years and was always progessing up until last year when he got a nasty knee-injury. I don''t think it''s fair that Rangers released him because of this it''s no way to treat a youngster who''s one of the highest rated players in the youth system

I''m glad he''s getting a chance to prove his talent again with your club i''m wondering if anyone saw him at Raith? How did he get on? I just found a thread with the highlights there he was unlucky with his chance he showed great pace

If he can put his knee problems behind him you''se will have bagged yourself a really talented young player

Good luck with the season ahead, hope you get back to the Championship.
[/quote]

Cheers, after your opinion of him, let''s sign him up [Y]