Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Alan Lee buys a house in Stradbroke

Read in to this what you want.

I heard this from a work colleague who''s brother is an estate agent who has been dealing with Mr Lee

It''s on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, near Eye, Hoxne, Harleston.Perhaps he just likes the idea of having a local swimming pool....

[quote user="singing canary"]i am being completely ignorant here tim wher abouts is stradbroke ? i have heard of it but never had reason to go there ?[/quote]

Just South of Diss on the Norfolk/Suffolk border

I live in Diss and my mate in Eye told me this the other day - to be honest I didn''t think much of it because he usually loves making stuff up. And he''s a scummer!

But, maybe it is true if someone else has heard it.

[quote user="The Undertaker"]

I live in Diss and my mate in Eye told me this the other day - to be honest I didn''t think much of it because he usually loves making stuff up. And he''s a scummer!

[/quote]

His name''s not Richard by any chance is it?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="The Undertaker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not another Dick from Suffolk!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="The Undertaker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, David.

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="The Undertaker"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, David.

[/quote]

Cheers Undertaker. Just curious as i know a scummer from Eye that likes to make stuff up too!

Not sure there is much to read into that. Also why would he buy a house closer to here before a deal is done?

I believe that "Mrs Alan Lee" has a good job in the Colchester area, hence why they like the Suffolk/Essex border where they did/do live.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I believe that "Mrs Alan Lee" has a good job in the Colchester area, hence why they like the Suffolk/Essex border where they did/do live.[/quote]

Stradbroke is a nice little village with some lovely surrounding houses - you can get to Ipswich in 15/20 minutes and from there you''re straight on the A12 so it''s perfectly feasible.

Not too sure what to make of it though.

15/20 mins?? i live in hoxne (next village to stradbroke) and Norwich and Ipswich are both 23 miles away and take 45 mins to drive to..

[quote user="ACE"]Not sure there is much to read into that. Also why would he buy a house closer to here before a deal is done?
[/quote]

I''m not one for starting rumours that''s why i stated read into it what you want!!!!

[quote user="rondy"]15/20 mins?? i live in hoxne (next village to stradbroke) and Norwich and Ipswich are both 23 miles away and take 45 mins to drive to..
[/quote]

Never actually done the Stradbroke to Ipswich journey, just assumed it was quicker than Diss to Ipswich because of location, thought you could cut through the countryside.

Went to a good beer festival in Hoxne a couple of years ago!

[quote user="rondy"]15/20 mins?? i live in hoxne (next village to stradbroke) and Norwich and Ipswich are both 23 miles away and take 45 mins to drive to..
[/quote]

you have the internet in hoxne? i thought electricity was only introduced in 2006!! only joking, had relatives in worlingworth...now that is in the middle on nowhere in north suffolk! jasper conran lives in hoxne doesnt he.....

[quote user="porkyp"]Delias home town...........!![/quote]

Think you''ll find that Delia lives in a tiny little village just outside Stowmarket [:D]

Plus if Alan Lee moves from his home in beautiful Dedham I''d be very surprised, he''s said several times he doesn''t want to move home and is very settled there..

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="The Butler"]He''s going to be DS''s gardener and handyman[:D][/quote]Thats Lappinitup''s job[/quote]I don''t mind trimming her lawn but it''s getting a bit late to sow a few seeds.[;)]