Sign in to follow this  
Ian James

Exciting News

A business aquaintance of mine in London was approached a month ago by an existing board member at Carrow Road with a proposal to buy Delia and Michaels shares in Norwich City for a figure which was less than the rumoured figure that Peter Cullum had offered in October.

The meeting was set up by a well known football club seller who is friendly with Smith and Jones in a "desperate" bid to get themselves away from Norwich.

My friend (who I was at school with in Norwich in the 60''s) said he was tempted but was rather put of by the desperation of the whole senario. It was hastily arranged and extremely unproffesional. However, the exciting news is that another friend of his (who I have never met) is indeed preparing a bid for Norwich City.

[quote user="OTBC"]My friend warned me about you, he said you were talking shizz. [/quote]And taking whizz!

[quote user="Ian James"]

A business aquaintance of mine in London was approached a month ago by an existing board member at Carrow Road with a proposal to buy Delia and Michaels shares in Norwich City for a figure which was less than the rumoured figure that Peter Cullum had offered in October.

The meeting was set up by a well known football club seller who is friendly with Smith and Jones in a "desperate" bid to get themselves away from Norwich.

My friend (who I was at school with in Norwich in the 60''s) said he was tempted but was rather put of by the desperation of the whole senario. It was hastily arranged and extremely unproffesional. However, the exciting news is that another friend of his (who I have never met) is indeed preparing a bid for Norwich City.

[/quote]Since Peter Cullum never said he had any intention of buying Smith and Jones''s shares, I''m not sure how this business acquaintance of yours can offer less than a figure that was never offered,. but frankly all this finance stuff is WAY above my head.

[quote user="Beatle"]

That''ll be your 1st post, my friend!

BINNER ALERT!!!!!!

OTBC!

[/quote]

Beatle, I am not a binner. Not everyone who posts for the first time is a binner. Were you a binner when you first started posting on here.

Is it ususal to just say yes and no to a few posts to get the numbers up before you can make any form of announcement. I will accept that I had been drinking last night when I posted the above information and wish I hadnt done it. However, It is in fact true.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]It''s that time of year again isn''t it? Always coincides with the summer holidays too.[/quote]

Thanks for the insult

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ian James"]

[/quote]

Since Peter Cullum never said he had any intention of buying Smith and Jones''s shares, I''m not sure how this business acquaintance of yours can offer less than a figure that was never offered,. but frankly all this finance stuff is WAY above my head.

[/quote]

The figure being pushed around the table is £12m. This is what Delia and Michael say they have invested and would like to have returned

[quote user="Ian James"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ian James"]

[/quote]Since Peter Cullum never said he had any intention of buying Smith and Jones''s shares, I''m not sure how this business acquaintance of yours can offer less than a figure that was never offered,. but frankly all this finance stuff is WAY above my head.[/quote]

The figure being pushed around the table is £12m. This is what Delia and Michael say they have invested and would like to have returned

[/quote]They would be making a very healthy profit if they could sell their shares for £12m.

Oh dear.Mr James do you not think we''ve seen this a thousand times before? I does get very boring and as pointed out above always at school holiday time. So on that theme,you must try harder.

[quote user="Ian James"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ian James"]

[/quote]Since Peter Cullum never said he had any intention of buying Smith and Jones''s shares, I''m not sure how this business acquaintance of yours can offer less than a figure that was never offered,. but frankly all this finance stuff is WAY above my head.[/quote]

[/quote]Of course I''m not doubting you for one second since (as I said) all this financial stuff leaves me baffled, but paying S&J £12m would value the shares at £36 rather than the current nominal price of £30. Which would mean being prepared to cough up £19.5m for all the shares (since they might have to) and once you''ve added the £20m debt that means a bid of £40m. Serious money.Fantastic news for me, since it would mean a £59 profit on my six shares, so I wait with bated breath for developments!

[quote user="Ian James"]

[/quote]Very coherent for someone who had been drinking, only two spelling mistakes and one grammatical error, that''s better than 99% of the people who post on this board sober!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Ian James"]

A business acquaintance of mine in London was approached a month ago by an existing board member at Carrow Road with a proposal to buy Delia and Michael''s shares in Norwich City for a figure which was less than the rumoured figure that Peter Cullum had offered in October.

My friend (who I was at school with in Norwich in the 60s) said he was tempted but was rather put of by the desperation of the whole senario. It was hastily arranged and extremely unprofessional. However, the exciting news is that another friend of his (whom I have never met) is indeed preparing a bid for Norwich City.

[/quote]Very coherent for someone who had been drinking, only two spelling mistakes and one grammatical error, that''s better than 99% of the people who post on this board sober![/quote]I make two spelling, one grammar and two punctuation.  Anyone do better?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ian James"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ian James"]

[/quote]Of course I''m not doubting you for one second since (as I said) all this financial stuff leaves me baffled, but paying S&J £12m would value the shares at £36 rather than the current nominal price of £30. Which would mean being prepared to cough up £19.5m for all the shares (since they might have to) and once you''ve added the £20m debt that means a bid of £40m. Serious money.Fantastic news for me, since it would mean a £59 profit on my six shares, so I wait with bated breath for developments![/quote]Subtract the £2m directors loans from last summer before divvying up and you''re looking at £30 per share.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ian James"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ian James"]

[/quote]Of course I''m not doubting you for one second since (as I said) all this financial stuff leaves me baffled, but paying S&J £12m would value the shares at £36 rather than the current nominal price of £30. Which would mean being prepared to cough up £19.5m for all the shares (since they might have to) and once you''ve added the £20m debt that means a bid of £40m. Serious money.Fantastic news for me, since it would mean a £59 profit on my six shares, so I wait with bated breath for developments![/quote]Subtract the £2m directors loans from last summer before divvying up and you''re looking at £30 per share. [/quote]Buckethead, I''m not really taking this seriously! But the OP said the price being talked about was £12m for S&J''s shares. Since they have 327,309 shares, that comes very roughly to £36 a share, To be more precise £36.66 a share. The loans figure isn''t relevant to this calculation.

[quote user="Ian James"]

[/quote]This is not the first time that something like this has been posted, so a degree of scepticism is understandable!

[quote user="Ian James"]

[/quote]As my great grandfarther would have said, "what a load of ol'' squit!" [:P]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]*great grandfather [:S]
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up. When you said Grandfarther I assumed he was a distant relative[:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]*great grandfather [:S][/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up. When you said Grandfarther I assumed he was a distant relative[:P]

[/quote]Fascist. [:P]

Bearing in mind that we are paying someone to look for investment I do not see why this could not have happened.  Its not like he is saying a takeove is going to happen next week.

I simply see no evidence of money on the horizon judging by our transfer activity thus far. We are acting like a skint club, not speculating for a finer future. If someone was coming in, wouldn''t the club be spending a bit more dosh in speculation?

Well if we sign that fella from west brom on loan then in my opinion the original poster could be trustworth otherwise could be rubbish