Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Maric - sign him up!

looked good on youtube and he is just the type of player we are looking for a target man who can score goals.

Scored for Palace

Hit the post against Raith

Scored today

not bad...

He does seem to be playing well and getting good things said about him in the pre-seasons so far.

Never trust his youtube video... remember a certain Dave Strihavka who had a somewhat impressive youtube video?

You''ve obviously seen him play before on a few occassions, as surely you wouldn''t suggest signing a player based on a 3minute highlight video and the fact you''ve seen in text he has scored in a pre-season game.

what are his strengths and weaknesses?

However youtube video aside... for me he would be one of the trialists I would start to seriously consider giving a contract to.

he just sounds good thats all... im probably wrong thou, but its a good start for him so far...

Not saying he doesn''t have decent credentials and scoring today will only help his chances of earning a deal but without actually seeing him play i''m not sure we can really say a lot about him, only Gunny and the coaching staff can at the moment

You could not really have asked him to do much more apart from a few hat tricks.  Team Gunn will certainly be seeing enough of him to make a decision one way or the other.

I believe we must sign this guy, or mark my words someone will nip in and do it under our noses!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I believe we must sign this guy, or mark my words someone will nip in and do it under our noses![/quote]

...and probably will!

I think a few announcements will be made on Monday/Tuesday.  McVeigh, Whaley and possibly one or more of the trialists signing.We need the players signed up and settling into positions within the next week.

Sign him on the basis of how he has played for us so far, by all accounts he has been a star performer.

At least this time - being in Tier 3 - there will be no incentive just to sit back and relax and live off the high salary; unlike what has happened in the Championship in the past few years.  They can no longer think they''ve made it because they are at a Tier 3 club surely.  Anybody we sign has to do well to get the kind of salary and profile they want.  Hopefully the one good thing about it!

Having seen Maric twice now I''d say he''d be a more than capable addition to the squad. Not sure if Gunn would also go for Bridges, probably one or the other.

who was the  french striker last year who lobbed the keeper against that swedish team last preseason ? everyone wanted him signed up as well...then again in hindsight maybe we should have [:D]

Yep that''s right... Roeder rejected him saying "we need better than OK"... then a couple of days later signed OJ Koroma! [8-)]

A youtube video, a pre-season friendly? Sounds just like nearly every other signing, why not! [:D]

Sign him now, and tell that unmentionable aging ex-scummer to sling his hook and not darken the Carrow Rd tunnel ever again.

Maric & Martin or Cody - Barn Door as backup. Good enough for this league.

well on the basis that we really need two tall target men in the squad he''s gotta be worth a shot

[quote user="ncfclad"]looked good on youtube and he is just the type of player we are looking for a target man who can score goals.

Scored for Palace

Hit the post against Raith

Scored today

not bad...[/quote]He''s not a target man. He''s over 6ft (just) but that does not make him a target man. It may make him more useful in the air than Cureton, but it''s about percentages and unless he can win the ball with the sort of consistency that Dublin could then it''s pointless hoofing balls up to him expecting miracles.I do agree however that he looks like a player with the potential to do well for us, certainly in this league.All boils down to whether his face fits attitude wise and how much he''s after imo.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="ncfclad"]looked good on youtube and he is just the type of player we are looking for a target man who can score goals. Scored for Palace Hit the post against Raith Scored today not bad...[/quote]

He''s not a target man. He''s over 6ft (just) but that does not make him a target man.
It may make him more useful in the air than Cureton, but it''s about percentages and unless he can win the ball with the sort of consistency that Dublin could then it''s pointless hoofing balls up to him expecting miracles.

I do agree however that he looks like a player with the potential to do well for us, certainly in this league.
All boils down to whether his face fits attitude wise and how much he''s after imo.
[/quote]

I am going to play devil''s advocate and say that one of our better target men last year was Leroy Lita at 5'' 7" and by far the worst was Sibierski at 6'' 2" 

From what I have seen/heard he is a target man that can hold the ball up, pass it quite well, can hit it with both feet and heads fairly well. I cannot see how he does not fit the bill,

Need to get him on an English course and quick!