Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Anyone been to Palace before?

I''ve been a few times but always on the coach. Anyone been to palace before not on a coach who can tell me the best way to get there?

[quote user="TheCardinal"]I''ve been a few times but always on the coach. Anyone been to palace before not on a coach who can tell me the best way to get there?[/quote]

Went when narwich gave free coach tickets, aa route finder will get ya there!

Been by car to Essex tube station (think Loughton but can''t remember exactly), left the car there and then tubed the rest of the way which was reasonably quick, but whichever way you go, Palace is a pain to get to.

Train from london bridge or Victoria to Norwood junction, Thornton heath or Selhurst, it''s walking distance from all three, if you''re using the pope mobil for the night then I have no clue, I would suggest you try the football ground guide, Your Eminence.

It really is just the worst football ground in the country and I would really avoid it especially as it is a friendly. The area is a dump, the ground is awful, you get cheated like a criminal by the police when they start searching you going into the ground, there is urine all over the toilet floor and as people say its totally unaccessible with no tube or train stations anywhere near there.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]It really is just the worst football ground in the country and I would really avoid it especially as it is a friendly. The area is a dump, the ground is awful, you get cheated like a criminal by the police when they start searching you going into the ground, there is urine all over the toilet floor and as people say its totally unaccessible with no tube or train stations anywhere near there.[/quote]you forgot to mention when we last won there

CRYSTAL PALACE

With many many apologies to A.A. Milne

They''re increasing the prices at Crystal Palace -
Simon Jordan is incredibly callous.
It costs too much and my day will be marred
"A Chairman’s life is terribly hard,"
                                      At Palace.

They’ve upgraded the seats (not) at
Crystal Palace -
The Managers job is a real poisoned chalice.
We once saw a dive in the penalty box.
"Looks like AJ has tripped over his socks,"
                                      Again at Palace.

Ripping away fans off at
Crystal Palace -
Who is it at Selhurst looks just like a phallus?
We looked for away fans, but they never came.
"Well, no-one’s surprised, it’s always the same,"
                                      At Palace.

They charge for reserve games at
Crystal Palace -
It really is an act of great malice.
They’ve sued the manager for leaving the grounds.
"I wouldn''t be boss there for a hundred pounds,"
                                      At Palace.

They don’t give a monkeys at
Crystal Palace -
”Thirty Pounds please” is no sort of solace
"Do you think their Chairman cares about me?"
"I’ve been a supporter since the age of three,"
                                      No chance at Palace.

[quote user="TheCardinal"]I''ve been a few times but always on the coach. Anyone been to palace before not on a coach who can tell me the best way to get there?[/quote]Just a short walk from the railway station, can''t miss it, big black gates and guards outside in red uniforms.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

CRYSTAL PALACE

With many many apologies to A.A. Milne

They''re increasing the prices at Crystal Palace -Simon Jordan is incredibly callous.It costs too much and my day will be marred"A Chairman’s life is terribly hard,"                                      At Palace.They’ve upgraded the seats (not) at Crystal Palace -The Managers job is a real poisoned chalice.We once saw a dive in the penalty box."Looks like AJ has tripped over his socks,"                                      Again at Palace.Ripping away fans off at Crystal Palace -Who is it at Selhurst looks just like a phallus?We looked for away fans, but they never came."Well, no-one’s surprised, it’s always the same,"                                      At Palace.They charge for reserve games at Crystal Palace -It really is an act of great malice.They’ve sued the manager for leaving the grounds."I wouldn''t be boss there for a hundred pounds,"                                      At Palace.They don’t give a monkeys at Crystal Palace -”Thirty Pounds please” is no sort of solace"Do you think their Chairman cares about me?""I’ve been a supporter since the age of three,"                                      No chance at Palace.

[/quote]that is brilliant...

I went by train when we took 7,000.  Never again, as has been mentioned above it''s a terrible away trip but credit to you if you have been and are willing to return.  And for a friendly!

Got to agree with most who have been before- not a pleasant experience!If driving from Norwich, I would park at Blackhorse Road tube station (M11 take exit to N.Circular Rd. Nth., follow A503 sign to exit left to Waterworks roundabout and then A503 Forest Road until you see station on your left, big car park on your right. Victoria Line to Victoria and then as others have described).Don''t think I can face it for a friendly! [W]

You can easily get the train from Norwich. Last one back from Liverpool St. at 23:30. Then head for either Thornton Heath, Norwood Junction or Selhurst station.

...having been at least ten times before (as Wimbledon lived there for a long time) there is no way in the world I would rush back for a friendly.  I cant believe anyone would. 

I think I would struggle with that one even if I lived 5 miles away. 

[quote user="Matt Juler"]You can easily get the train from Norwich. Last one back from Liverpool St. at 23:30. Then head for either Thornton Heath, Norwood Junction or Selhurst station.[/quote]To be honest, yes the place is a dump but its not as hard to get to as many people are saying (Yes its not a walk in the park, but equally its not like trying to get out of alcatraz).I would advise against going to Selhurst station as the name is a bit misleading...If you''re going by train go to Thornton Heath and it''s a short walk from there, might even bump into a few friendly millwall fans!If going by car, DON''T go through the centre of London, take the M25 round dartford way and go round till you reach junction 6 (Croydon and Caterham) then go ''up'' from there and find street parking

Its actually a lot easier to come of at Junction 4 and go through West Wickham and Shirley (and just before Croydon), you will see sign posts from there to Selhurst Park.