Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

We don't want any loan players

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

Completely the opposite! Tell me, if there were no system in place what would the Premiership clubs do with their unwanted, inexperienced, maybe good enough players? The advantage of the loan system as far as Huckerby is concerned is clear ..... or is it? If there was no loan system and Huckerby wasn''t wanted at Manchester City there would have been a chance of picking up a bargain. As it was he probably cost us more after he became a success with us. Before the loan system changed the way we think we bought Reserve team players from established teams and built our own team. Dare I mention a few Spurs Reserves such as Crook, Polston, Bowen, Culverhouse or an Aberdeen Reserve, Gunn or a fringe player such as Butterworth and many other players that we have picked up over the years and developed for our own good. That simply is not allowed to happen today as the clubs will not sell their reserves or fringe players when they can loan them out, have them developed by other clubs, given matches and exposure and have their values increased before selling them. If there was no loan system what would the ''Big Boys'' do with the 60 or 70 players thay have? The loan system now stops smaller clubs picking up any bargains at all and will ensure that they stay smaller clubs for a long while.[/quote]

Spot on mate

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, I don''t. None - none at all.

How about you?

OTBC

[/quote]

I think the club may have finally realised that though loans orgionally saved us, they have done more damage than good. They were a massive contributing factor in our clubs demise. I certainly dont want to see any and Im beggining to suspect the board dont either.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

because NCFC have never benefitted from loan players have we?

They are a part of the game and one we should exploit,  rather than repeat what we have done over the last season or so,   which was to depend on them.

[/quote]

Not exploit. Maybe one or two experienced heads to make up the numbers. Exploiting the loan system is what got us where we are today. A stable club owns its own players, players than can cover all positions. We havent had that for three years.

[quote user="LEGION"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

They are a part of the game and one we should exploit,  rather than repeat what we have done over the last season or so,   which was to depend on them.

[/quote]

Not exploit. Maybe one or two experienced heads to make up the numbers. Exploiting the loan system is what got us where we are today. A stable club owns its own players, players than can cover all positions. We havent had that for three years.

[/quote]

Only if you take exploit the wrong way  - the rest of my post clearly infers what my "exploitation" of the system is,  which is not to have too many of them but use them to supplement a core squad of our own with better quality and to cover injuries

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="LEGION"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Only if you take exploit the wrong way  - the rest of my post clearly infers what my "exploitation" of the system is,  which is not to have too many of them but use them to supplement a core squad of our own with better quality and to cover injuries

[/quote]

Fair enough. But exploit to me sounds like you would be happy to take on a fair few next season. How many loans would you like to replace permanent signings? I personally dont want to see any. A club of this stature shouldnt need loans, especially now we are in the third tier.

And if only more clubs did the same, and nobody took loans as a matter of course, then there would not be any exploitation.

I agree - we should not have any loans at all - let''s look after our own!

[quote user="LEGION"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="LEGION"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough. But exploit to me sounds like you would be happy to take on a fair few next season. How many loans would you like to replace permanent signings? I personally dont want to see any. A club of this stature shouldnt need loans, especially now we are in the third tier.

[/quote]

The strategy of the last couple of seasons of such a predominance of loans was wrong  - and we seem to be putting it right this summer,  which is something Gunn deserves praise for. 

No more than 2/3

We need a core experienced first team squad of 18-20 players, supplemented by our own youngsters (eg Adeyemi - who will not be an influence all season, as they ALL tire/burn out at some stage and need a break early in their careers) to keep the squad on its toes.  You then add a touch of quality in the form of loans when its needed - or if the right player is available for the right place to push the squad on.

I dont like the arrogance of a club of this stature.  Who do you think we are??  We have played ourselves in to League one and proved ourselves to be no better than any team in this league.

Tevez was a loanee for Manure - if a club of that stature can have loans why should we think we are beyond them?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="LEGION"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="LEGION"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The strategy of the last couple of seasons of such a predominance of loans was wrong  - and we seem to be putting it right this summer,  which is something Gunn deserves praise for. 

No more than 2/3

We need a core experienced first team squad of 18-20 players, supplemented by our own youngsters (eg Adeyemi - who will not be an influence all season, as they ALL tire/burn out at some stage and need a break early in their careers) to keep the squad on its toes.  You then add a touch of quality in the form of loans when its needed - or if the right player is available for the right place to push the squad on.

I dont like the arrogance of a club of this stature.  Who do you think we are??  We have played ourselves in to League one and proved ourselves to be no better than any team in this league.

Tevez was a loanee for Manure - if a club of that stature can have loans why should we think we are beyond them?

[/quote]

So we are only going to use the loans if and when our own players tire or burn out? What will we be paying the loan players for then, just to wait until that happens? Or will we be forced into getting a loan player in quickly when it happens? That, it seems, happened too often last season.

We played ourselves into this league BECAUSE of loans!

The whole Tevez sinario has been wrong and hopefully will now be sorted out! Ask West Ham, or Sheffield United. To have a player of his worth is scandalous just as it is for other Premiership players who are loaned to Italian, Spanish or German top flight teams. The system is only there for the benefit of the rich nowadays.

We got relegated because of the managers strategy of numberof loans.

However it was not teh individual loan players alone that got us relegated - it was the whole squad loan or not..

Agreed with ZLF. A club of this stature??? What stature?! We''re in league one now, and have to play our way out. We need the best players from the right circumstances, and if that means loans, GET THEM IN.Everton had Jo on loan last season, Tottenham Hotspurs had Frazier Campbell, do those clubs not have stature? If they''re the right player then surely it''s better that we have them in our squad?I think (or hope) that people mean "let''s not upset the balance of the squad with loans" rather than "let''s not have any loan players". I think the latter is reactionary short-sightedness. But hey, it''s only an opinion.