Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

We don't want any loan players

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, I don''t. None - none at all.

How about you?

OTBC

[/quote]

I fear Bly that when half of the crocks we have taken on are flat on their backs.... and the "hopefuls" have duly turned out to be "hopeless"... the loan players will be back.......

Not from higher status clubs this time though... more like your Rotherhams and Wycombes instead....

I don''t want any, but the realistic situation is that we have little choice. Loanees are part and parcel of modern football for clubs on a budget.

How about you?

OTBC

[/quote]

There''s nothing wrong with a couple season long loans. aslong as they are hungry with something to prove and are better quality than someone we can buy.. Luton fan''s where happy with spillain and martin last year and the wasn''t many complaints about Ched Evans when we had him..?

what ever happens we will have at least 2 or 3 loans at the start of the season because we can''t just fill the bench with youths. hope we sign some decent experienced players if we go down the loan route not other teams youngsters

because NCFC have never benefitted from loan players have we?

They are a part of the game and one we should exploit,  rather than repeat what we have done over the last season or so,   which was to depend on them.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

because NCFC have never benefitted from loan players have we?

They are a part of the game and one we should exploit,  rather than repeat what we have done over the last season or so,   which was to depend on them.

[/quote]Exactly right. The key for the new season has got to be balance- something we haven''t had for a few years. A mixture of young and more experienced players, a good coverage of all positions and the odd season long loan IF they add something we could not otherwise find/afford.We might also need to use the emergency loan system to cover injuries etc and I don''t have a problem with this as long as the ratio of loanees to contracted players does not become skewed.

The whole general psychology of loanees is counterproductive.

Say, for example, the club had been forced to play Simon Lappin regularly over the past two years instead of having him rot away in the reserves whilst a motley collection of uninterested/unfit/inadequate loanees moved in and out. What then?

The only types of loan I would even approach being comfortable with are (a) where we are in with a good shout of promotion by November/December say and we get in a Hucks/Crouch/Harper style triumvirate or,perhaps, (b) a Ched Evans style season long loan.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]The only types of loan I would even approach being comfortable with are (a) where we are in with a good shout of promotion by November/December say and we get in a Hucks/Crouch/Harper style triumvirate or,perhaps, (b) a Ched Evans style season long loan.[/quote]Yew must hev eyes in th bak o'' yor hid bor, wi hinesite loik thet............

COYY

I can''t see anything wrong with two or three decent loans as long as the team is not totally dependent on them.  They also give wonderful opportunities to young players to get a regular game rather than waiting three weeks for a reserve game or for a once great to put on a decent show at lower league level both of which I believe can be enjoyable both for them and for supporters.

The whole general psychology of loanees is counterproductive.

Say, for example, the club had been forced to play Simon Lappin regularly over the past two years instead of having him rot away in the reserves whilst a motley collection of uninterested/unfit/inadequate loanees moved in and out. What then?

The only types of loan I would even approach being comfortable with are (a) where we are in with a good shout of promotion by November/December say and we get in a Hucks/Crouch/Harper style triumvirate or,perhaps, (b) a Ched Evans style season long loan.

OTBC

[/quote]

So what you are saying is you only want loans that turn out great.............

Maybe we should only play strikers in games that they score in. Leave them out of games where they don''t score..........

[img]http://www.riseinteractive.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/keyword-forecasting.jpg[/img]

[quote user="USAcanary"]Maybe we should only play strikers in games that they score in. Leave them out of games where they don''t score..........[/quote]LOL! [:D]

The whole loan system has turned on its head. It was originally brought in to help out clubs in need. Now it is exploited by the richest clubs at the expense of the less well off. It should be banned with imediate effect! An example ..... David Bentley was on loan at Norwich where he was given Premiership exposure. His value rocketed because of it. We coached him, we trained him, we played him and yes we paid him. It cost us a great deal of cash. He then went to Blackburn on loan before being sold to them for M£7.5. And how many Premiership matches did he play for his parent club Arsenal? Not one! And what did we receive for helping them to develop their player ........ nothing! By developing other club''s players we neglect our own. By developing other club''s players we price them out of our reach, by developing other club''s players we will keep those clubs rich and us poor!

Moderation I would have thought.  Didn''t some of you enjoy watching Ched Evans strut his stuff?  No other way he would have turned up for you.

...we also rather enjoyed having Hucks, Crouch and co in our promotion season (I always thought Kevin Cooper was underrated), and Lita last season wasn''t so bad.

It is fair to say that our huge over-reliance on loans last season will probably haunt us for a while, but that is not to say that the odd one would not be hugely beneficial to us; it just has to be ''right'' and very much in moderation.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="USAcanary"]Maybe we should only play strikers in games that they score in. Leave them out of games where they don''t score..........[/quote]LOL! [:D][/quote]jamie lad will never play!!!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]...we also rather enjoyed having Hucks, Crouch and co in our promotion season (I always thought Kevin Cooper was underrated), and Lita last season wasn''t so bad. It is fair to say that our huge over-reliance on loans last season will probably haunt us for a while, but that is not to say that the odd one would not be hugely beneficial to us; it just has to be ''right'' and very much in moderation.[/quote]

I don''t think anyone can argue that you were loan top heavy but I don''t think that means that there should not be any at all.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]...we also rather enjoyed having Hucks, Crouch and co in our promotion season (I always thought Kevin Cooper was underrated), and Lita last season wasn''t so bad. It is fair to say that our huge over-reliance on loans last season will probably haunt us for a while, but that is not to say that the odd one would not be hugely beneficial to us; it just has to be ''right'' and very much in moderation.[/quote]

I do actually think that there is a high success correlation to loan players who are somewhat proven yet out of favor.....

Young unproven players are a real crapshoot...... Even those that turn out great may not be so good at first while finding their feet (Bentley, Gibbs ect ect)

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]The whole loan system has turned on its head. It was originally brought in to help out clubs in need. Now it is exploited by the richest clubs at the expense of the less well off. It should be banned with imediate effect! An example ..... David Bentley was on loan at Norwich where he was given Premiership exposure. His value rocketed because of it. We coached him, we trained him, we played him and yes we paid him. It cost us a great deal of cash. He then went to Blackburn on loan before being sold to them for M£7.5. And how many Premiership matches did he play for his parent club Arsenal? Not one! And what did we receive for helping them to develop their player ........ nothing! By developing other club''s players we neglect our own. By developing other club''s players we price them out of our reach, by developing other club''s players we will keep those clubs rich and us poor![/quote]

Surely it is up to the club loaning the player to make that decision. We will get no money when Ched Evans is sold (this summer I should imagine), but his goals saved us from relegation.

Loans allow smaller clubs to have players they would otherwise have no chance of buying (and is a nice "try before you buy option"). Filling an entire squad with loanees certainly isn''t a good idea but it is a good option to fill in some holes.

With more and more players waiting for contracts to finish, a loanee can cover until a longer term target''s contract ends and can be signed for nothing.

Surely it is better to get a young good player like Bertrand in for a season than sign a useless player like Ian Murray on a 2 year deal out of desperation?

I think it''s accepted that two or three loans to compliment your team is good but to rely on loans as we did last season is very very bad

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]The only types of loan I would even approach being comfortable with are (a) where we are in with a good shout of promotion by November/December say and we get in a Hucks/Crouch/Harper style triumvirate or,perhaps, (b) a Ched Evans style season long loan.[/quote]Yew must hev eyes in th bak o'' yor hid bor, wi hinesite loik thet............

COYY

[/quote]

Poor old soul.

When you learn proper English you''ll understand such matters.

Woof! Woof!

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"]

COYY

[/quote]

Poor old soul.

When you learn proper English you''ll understand such matters.

Woof! Woof!

OTBC

How about you?

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh dear treble B, I find ourselves for once being in agreement ![:O]

My perfect scenario is for Gunny to build a useful team of contract only players, to my mind he has done this to date. I admit that a few exceptions like Hucks etc have done us proud but compare that with the many who have disappointed.

Of course perfect scenarios are unlikely to become reality but I think that should be the aim. If resources don''t allow then get a couple of loanees in but those who you will hopefully be able to sign at the end of the loan period.

IMVHO

How about you?

OTBC

[/quote]I''d have a couple of decent players for a season to benefit us by strengthening the team and to benefit them by enhancing their career prospects.Think Bertrand or Bates, not Sibierski or Lee.

Agree with Mister C on this. I think realistically we are going to have three or four here simply because of financial limitations. But the key thing is that they benefit us by making us a better side. So what if they''re only on loan?

Yeah let never have any loan players again. Then we''re guaranteed to never turn up any wasters like Huckerby again.Pure genius!!!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Yeah let never have any loan players again. Then we''re guaranteed to never turn up any wasters like Huckerby again.

Pure genius!!!
[/quote]

Pure dunce, more like.

Exceptions don''t prove rules.

OTBC

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Yeah let never have any loan players again. Then we''re guaranteed to never turn up any wasters like Huckerby again.Pure genius!!![/quote]

Completely the opposite!

Tell me, if there were no system in place what would the Premiership clubs do with their unwanted, inexperienced, maybe good enough players?

The advantage of the loan system as far as Huckerby is concerned is clear ..... or is it? If there was no loan system and Huckerby wasn''t wanted at Manchester City there would have been a chance of picking up a bargain. As it was he probably cost us more after he became a success with us.

Before the loan system changed the way we think we bought Reserve team players from established teams and built our own team. Dare I mention a few Spurs Reserves such as Crook, Polston, Bowen, Culverhouse or an Aberdeen Reserve, Gunn or a fringe player such as Butterworth and many other players that we have picked up over the years and developed for our own good.

That simply is not allowed to happen today as the clubs will not sell their reserves or fringe players when they can loan them out, have them developed by other clubs, given matches and exposure and have their values increased before selling them.

If there was no loan system what would the ''Big Boys'' do with the 60 or 70 players thay have?

The loan system now stops smaller clubs picking up any bargains at all and will ensure that they stay smaller clubs for a long while.