Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chris Craig

Good decision I hope. From what we have heard he is not the biggest guy and not going to offer us more than McDonald and Martin will. Seems sensible to save the budget for a target man.

Bridges must be have been given a bit longer to prove his worth?

Can''t blame them for not giving him a contract. We could have done with a player like him at the start of pre season last year,

Now that we have got, JC, Cody Mac and Martin as Strikers there is no room for another smallish goal poacher type.

If only he would have been 6 foot 4.......

[quote user="eagle"]

Good decision I hope. From what we have heard he is not the biggest guy and not going to offer us more than McDonald and Martin will. Seems sensible to save the budget for a target man.

Bridges must be have been given a bit longer to prove his worth?

[/quote]

You beat me to it!

I cannot see that Bridges will be a bad signing to be reserve to Lee or Maric

Maric and Bridges would be good, suspect we will want Maric, but he''ll go elsewhere, and, by then, we will have procastinated about Bridges and he''ll have signed for Darlington by then!

Must always have been a process of elimination with all these strikers, a bit of NCFC X-Factor!

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]Agree Eagle. It looks as if it is between Maric and Bridges; perhaps the budget will run to both, and we will then have pretty good options for a League One forward line.[/quote]

What are people''s thoughts on this? Would we prefer to have both of these than just Alan Lee.

Bearing in mind if we pay £300k for Lee then that is enough to pay two players £3k a week for a year (ish) plus Lee''s wages I would expect to be higher so we could maybe get Bridges on a year contract and Maric on two years?

I think we would be better off signing the two players (Bridges only for a year though - to let him prove his fitness).

Also, we may have to pay free agents signing on fees but surely these won''t be anywhere near what we would be paying out to Lee and his agent.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Maybe we could have a phone-in vote to decide who gets released next [;)][/quote]

Brilliant idea GH.

To release Michael Bridges call 0845 600 501

To release Goran Maric call 0845 600 502

To release Jens Bertel Askou call 0845 600 503

Calls cost £1.00 per minute, calls from mobiles may be considerably more

Bonus Call..... T o release Jamie Cureton call 0845 600 504 Calls for this number are free so dont delay !!!!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Maybe we could have a phone-in vote to decide who gets released next [;)][/quote]

Brilliant idea GH.

Bonus Call..... T o release Jamie Cureton call 0845 600 504 Calls for this number are free so dont delay !!!!!

[quote user="CDMullins"]If only we had the squad that could play football and win matches without the need of a target man[/quote]

A physical presence is needed - and teams have been promoted from league playing good football,  but always with a "target" man.  

And having a target man should not stop us from playing good football

maric will sign .

gunny likes him and is tempted and bridge will go to lincoln .

they are talking to him over the week end are are hopefull .

not a rumour just what i think ... and hope !!!

Agreed Singing Canary, Lincoln are indeed talking this weekend, Bridges has not done enough for us to consider him, while Maric has clearly impressed Gunn, the question is though, has Maric impressed others as well!

I appreciate it''s only on one performance, but I would like to see Askou sign, especially if there are doubts as to whether Stefanovic will recover sufficiently.

[quote user="Fonejacker"]I appreciate it''s only on one performance, but I would like to see Askou sign, especially if there are doubts as to whether Stefanovic will recover sufficiently.
[/quote]

Have to agree with that!

The new chief executive was quoted saying that we needed a significantly stronger strikeforce than the one thy ended the season. That would indicate at least 2 signings so I would guess the Serb guy and lee in exchange for Russell

Get Maric in from the trialists and buy another more proven target manAlso sign Askou for CB back up. Thanks.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Get Maric in from the trialists and buy another more proven target man

Also sign Askou for CB back up. Thanks.
[/quote]

Do we need him?

We already have Doherty, Stefanovic, Dumic, Nelson so I doubt we need another Centre-Back!

I keep trying the JC number, but it''s constantly engaged!!!I wanted something special for the 1000th post, but this is the one! Cheers for making it possible guys and gals! [:D]OTBC!!!

The whole point of bringing in so many trialists is to get a decent look at them hoping they impress and can add to the squad.

Most won''t

Overall I bet we offer contracts to less than 25% of the people we look at.

Which is perfectly acceptable. 

So far (from Gunns video reactions) and match reports the only standouts have been Maric, Askou and McVeigh somewhat.

[quote user="Fonejacker"]He obviously has something, for Ally McCoist to reccommend him, but I guess it just didn''t work out.
[/quote]

The same Ally " im the most overated player alongside Andy "journeyman" Townsend to pick up a microphone and carp on a load of crap on ITV" McCoist..or a different one?