Sign in to follow this  
Rocky Rocastle

Jens Bertel Askou - The good, the bad and the ugly

Apologies if this has been posted before.......................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScWJK_Qdw6U............................... This clip shows our trialist making an impressive goal line clearance, he scores a goal with his shin and then he gets turned a little too easily in the box before the opposing striker scores...

In one forum he is referred to as a bouncer, great at kicking and heading the ball away but can''t pass for gravy....sounds perfect for league one (and if it doesn''t work out he can work the door at Mercy on a Saturday night!)

Come on Gunny take a punt on the Dane!

But the thing is we already have Spillane, Doherty, Stefanovic, Dumic and Nelson.

Do you know if Askou can play RB?

[quote user="Delia Out"]

But the thing is we already have Spillane, Doherty, Stefanovic, Dumic and Nelson.

[/quote]

Don''t foget David Stephens....... http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/sub/TVNews/0,,10355~1725274,00.html

Spillane, Doc, Dumic and Korey Smith can all play RB.

I would be more worried about asking Askou if he can play left back!

I also don''t think its certain that Stefanovic will either be here or be fit enough.......

He may be let go to save wages if we have enough cover at CB which looks very likley.

After having little cover at CB the last 2 years, it looks like we will have a lot of options this year.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Delia Out"]

[/quote]

Don''t foget David Stephens....... http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/sub/TVNews/0,,10355~1725274,00.html

Spillane, Doc, Dumic and Korey Smith can all play RB.

I would be more worried about asking Askou if he can play left back!

I also don''t think its certain that Stefanovic will either be here or be fit enough.......

He may be let go to save wages if we have enough cover at CB which looks very likley.

After having little cover at CB the last 2 years, it looks like we will have a lot of options this year.

[/quote]

Maybe too many if we sign Askou?!

that division is going to be hard slog .

the more players we have in the better i have no doubt we will get plenty of injuries.

most teams will want to have a go at norwich .

Missing in Action.

I disagree, this lad will be something special and we need to blood these youngsters now we are league one. The Brazilians do it all the time and had we been in the Championship and we''d loan him out i can only imagine he''d of gone to a league one or two club anyway. If he gets to warm the bench regularly and gets the odd start and a dozen or so subs he''ll be better placed at carrow road with 25000 fans than at Bury with 3000 IMO.