Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Will our 'luck' change this season ?

I know they say ''dodgy decisions and iffy penalties'' even themselves up over a season, but last year did we really get the rub of the green ?

Andy D''arsehole stuffed us twice in one game - Bristol City at home, penalty for them and Doc sent off and a stone wall penalty (when Drury was flattened) denied. The penalty at Ipswich was a scandal too. Did these (and other) awful decisions help scupper us last year ?

Can we look forward to some better luck and hopefully sharper officials next season ?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

I know they say ''dodgy decisions and iffy penalties'' even themselves up over a season, but last year did we really get the rub of the green ?

Andy D''arsehole stuffed us twice in one game - Bristol City at home, penalty for them and Doc sent off and a stone wall penalty (when Drury was flattened) denied. The penalty at Ipswich was a scandal too. Did these (and other) awful decisions help scupper us last year ?

Can we look forward to some better luck and hopefully sharper officials next season ?

[/quote]i think you make your own luck...and last year we were just bloody aweful(how many pens did we give away?)...lets hope we can play better this season...if not we are in the brown stuff

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]i think you make your own luck...and last year we were just bloody aweful(how many pens did we give away?)...lets hope we can play better this season...if not we are in the brown stuff[/quote]

I agree with you there CTID, when you''re riding high you get everything going but when you are at the bottom...

This is not an excuse for our getting relegated, as we got what we deserved, but some of the things against us certainly helped !!

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]i think you make your own luck...and last year we were just bloody aweful(how many pens did we give away?)...lets hope we can play better this season...if not we are in the brown stuff[/quote]

I agree with you there CTID, when you''re riding high you get everything going but when you are at the bottom...

This is not an excuse for our getting relegated, as we got what we deserved, but some of the things against us certainly helped !!

[/quote]They sure did...This season lets hope we are riding high and lady luck is smiling on us [:D]

I believe it will and despite living near Reading I have bought a Season Ticket for next season, something I have not done for many years.....

I think there were dodgy decisions at important moments of some games that cost us dearly. Unfortunately I believe we weren''t mentally strong enough to overcome them. Our heads dropped far too often when things went against us and I can''t remember many sprited comebacks>

Agreed Pirate... last season the team had such a negative energy... if we got a decision against us which resulted in a goal the players spent more effort moaning at the ref during breaks in play rather than rallying each other up to score a few.

Hopefully this new winning mentality breed of players Gunny can bring in will give the squad that mental strength and self belief we''ve lacked in recent years.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Add in the Sheffield Wed home game when we had a perfectly good goal disallowed which the ref later admitted and one of their defenders should of been sent of in the goal scoring incident cause he palmed the ball out of the goal!

Undoubtedly we had some sh*te decisions go against us last season but thats what happens when you struggle.

But also undoubtedly we definately deserved to go down!

Luck my arse!.......

Is anyone disagreeing that we were really bloody lucky to stay up the previous season?