Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Re: Harper - lacking confidence?

don''t get me wrong - i agree, he needs more games before anyone can form an opinion. just hope he trys to take players on more as he gets more games under his belt.
we haven''t had a player who REALLY takes on the oposition and goes past them since Eadie. McVeigh on occasions, equally Rivers when he''s on top of his game (rare) but i''m talking about what we saw Huckerby doing all afternoon against Burnley, virtually EVERY time he got the ball! An on song Rivers, Harper, McVeigh Francis and Huckerby will give us the most attacking Norwich side we''ve ever seen I reckon, Sutton, Robins, Fox, Goss and co included!!

Out of the three loanees, Harper is the most likely to sign for us when you look at the price last paid for him which was about £400k I believe. Plus as Portsmouth have just been promoted he probably isnt on sky high wages either.

Maybe that would give Rivers the chance to play up front as he did a few time for Crewe, and maybe he could become our very own Huckerby!

Well there is allways a dream!

He looked good, we put in the low cross for crouchys goal. Gotta remember for all 3 loanees its there first competitive starts for around 3 months. If you dont count man city v''s total network solutions.

I saw him last night and thought he looked quality. Although he was getting fouled left right and centre by those Gillingham bruisers, he made a great run to set up Crouch''s goal.
He''s got pace like Rivers, but with a better final ball.