Sign in to follow this  
canaryjock

Airdrie match overview

Just back from the match today so thought I''d give you a brief summary of what I thought.

Hoolahan - superb! Absolutely ran the show today and every time he had possession of the ball, he looked dangerous and was also keen to take players on and surge towards the penalty box. Very impressive performance from him today and shows what he can do when he can be bothered. If he keeps it up, he''ll be a massive player for us.

Tudor Jones / Gill - This partnership is certainly showing promise as well. For a big lad, OTJ is very composed on the ball and shows a bit of dig as well and Matty Gill and him look comfortable playing alongside each other.

Spillane - certainly likes a tackle. Good to see.

Askou - strolled through the game today. Looks very composed and isn''t easily ruffled. Sign him up Gunny!

Maric - Strong, a nuisance and took his goal very well and made a tricky header look easy as he looped it over the keeper''s dive. Definitely sign him up Gunny!

McVeigh - Still looks capable of doing a job for us I reckon. Delivered one particularly dangerous cross into the box and (with the relatively small crowd at the game) you could hear him dictating to the others and making himself heard. His experience could be invaluable.

All in all, another good workout and I was particularly pleased to see us trying to play the game the correct way by passing the ball out of defence when possible rather than the hoofball we''ve been accused of in the past.

Promising signs...

Thanks canaryjock, sounds like an enjoyable afternoon. What about Bridges though? Did he do much in the time he was on the pitch?

Probably about 200 or so City fans so certainly not too bad at all. Including one very annoying guy sitting right behind me who kept shouting "oh come on lino" all the time, which became extremely annoying!

Bridges played the last 20 mins and put himself about a bit but didn''t really have the time or opportunity to make an impact in truth. He came on when the heavens opened so the game turned a bit scrappy in the rain, plus we went down to 10 men after we took Hooly off for a precaution so we didn''t attack as much. Impossible to say whether we should sign him based on today really.

[quote user="canaryjock"]Probably about 200 or so City fans so certainly not too bad at all. Including one very annoying guy sitting right behind me who kept shouting "oh come on lino" all the time, which became extremely annoying! Bridges played the last 20 mins and put himself about a bit but didn''t really have the time or opportunity to make an impact in truth. He came on when the heavens opened so the game turned a bit scrappy in the rain, plus we went down to 10 men after we took Hooly off for a precaution so we didn''t attack as much. Impossible to say whether we should sign him based on today really.[/quote]

Thanks for the report.

It doesn''t look like we are that keen on Bridges? But I agree he hasn''t had much time to impress.

Maybe he might get another chance?

I must admit, I find it strange that a player who is on trial with us hasn''t been given more game time. Implies that he maybe hasn''t impressed Gunny enough in training to start him? In which case, probably no deal!

[quote user="canaryjock"]Probably about 200 or so City fans so certainly not too bad at all. Including one very annoying guy sitting right behind me who kept shouting "oh come on lino" all the time, which became extremely annoying!

Bridges played the last 20 mins and put himself about a bit but didn''t really have the time or opportunity to make an impact in truth. He came on when the heavens opened so the game turned a bit scrappy in the rain, plus we went down to 10 men after we took Hooly off for a precaution so we didn''t attack as much. Impossible to say whether we should sign him based on today really.[/quote]that will be wizard,he gets to all the games!!