Sign in to follow this  
Ian James

City To Sign Dorrans On Loan

I have just heard that Norwich are set to sign a guy called Graham Dorrans on loan from West Bromich Albion. Apparently he has a long term deal at WBA but needs first team football. Recommended to Bryan Gunn by Peter Grant.

He was in Norfolk yesterday and is expected in Scotland very soon indeed. This info was given to me by someone who is at the camp in Scotland.

Let the slating begin...........................

He broke his metatarsal bone in May and probably needs some regular games before starring for West Brom... the idea of him makes some sense whether we need him is another matter

Well why not, lets just field attacking midfielders and forwards! 

[quote user="ACE"]Well why not, lets just field attacking midfielders and forwards! 
[/quote]

To be honest, it''s those positions we need reinforcements in most badly. Our defence is one left back short of being okay, IMO - whereas we need right wingers and strikers as a matter of urgency.

[quote user="TheCardinal"]

[quote user="ACE"]Well why not, lets just field attacking midfielders and forwards! 
[/quote]

To be honest, it''s those positions we need reinforcements in most badly. Our defence is one left back short of being okay, IMO - whereas we need right wingers and strikers as a matter of urgency.

[/quote]

Our defence is one right back and one left back from being ok, subject to the goalkeeper and new centre back being any good? Or are you a mystic?

if this is true then according to a mate at work (WBA fan) then he will be a big player.

When I suggested this to him he nearly through himself out fo the window in shock as he was thinking this guy would be a big player for them this season

If its the same guy I think it is I think we were linked with him in the transfer market last summer before he went to West Brom. Think he was highlly sought after and won various scottish young player awards.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Only a few words put me off this, "loan"  [:@], "Peter Grant" ![8o|]

[/quote]Jim as long as the majority of our squad are on permanant deals surely just a couple of loanees wouldn''t harm,just a couple though.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

Jim as long as the majority of our squad are on permanant deals surely just a couple of loanees wouldn''t harm,just a couple though.
[/quote]

I agree long as they are season long loans and the players are quality players with something to prove and to play for.

WBA play him as an attacking CM, but Mowbray''s description is interesting:

"Graham only gets into our squad because of his talent,” said Mowbray. “He shows it on the training ground."

“He’s outstanding on the pitch with his ability to manipulate the ball, create and play clever disguised passes."

“His best position is coming in from the left-hand side with his right foot and playing clever passes and shooting, taking the full-back out, but I played him in a more central role which I know he can do."

Sounds a little bit like Huckerby to me ("coming in from the left-hand side with his right foot and playing clever passes and shooting, taking the full-back out").

Maybe WBA are paying his wages so that he can get his playing time up?

[/quote]

Don''t forget "Scottish"[:S]

I''m suprised at this. If he was that good I''m suprised Grant and Mobray wouldn''t want to take him to Celtic as some possible replacement for Nakamura.

[/quote]

Stop moaning about loanees. as long as you only have a couple then its fine. Look at when we won the league, Crouchy and Hucks came in on loan and pretty much won the league for us

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

Stop moaning about loanees. as long as you only have a couple then its fine. Look at when we won the league, Crouchy and Hucks came in on loan and pretty much won the league for us

[/quote]

Just because someone has a different viewpoint to you Ryan it doesn''t make them a moaner. Although it has it''s uses I don''t like the loan system, the fact that one or two have helped us doesn''t compensate , (in my humble opinion), for the failure dependence on them have cost us the last two seasons.

if we have one or two loanees for a season then theres no problem

how many of you would be glad to see bertrand back on loan or evans back on loan or even lita on a season long loan,

Hi lads wba fan here

don’t think you will be getting dorrens as he is very much in the first team picture at the albion and has a very bright future also he is currently in Slovenia on our pre season tour after his injury

Sorry to let you down lads

All the best for the season

[quote user="WBA RULE"]Hi lads wba fan here

don’t think you will be getting dorrens as he is very much in the first team picture at the albion and has a very bright future also he is currently in Slovenia on our pre season tour after his injury

Sorry to let you down lads

All the best for the season[/quote]Shame. Good luck to you too.

[quote user="Ian James"]

I have just heard that Norwich are set to sign a guy called Graham Dorrans on loan from West Bromich Albion. Apparently he has a long term deal at WBA but needs first team football. Recommended to Bryan Gunn by Peter Grant.

He was in Norfolk yesterday and is expected in Scotland very soon indeed. This info was given to me by someone who is at the camp in Scotland.

Let the slating begin...........................

[/quote]What do you expect when you lie?