Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Whaley medical on Monday

Gunn is really impressing me.  Hopefully, he will have learned from his mistakes last season and will have improved as a manager.  Just want to see Maric sign now and then a RB and LB and I think we can really contend this year.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Job done then.

[/quote]

Genuinely good news.Now for a pacey left-winger too.

Top signing in my opinion, and in a position we badly needed to bring someone in.

Can see Maric, McVeigh and Askou all being signed sometime next week as well. All 3 have done very well, so no reason why Gunn won''t want them here full-time.

After that we''ll need one more out-and-out striker, full-backs on either side, and perhaps one more midfielder in my opinion.

Of course, someone like Mtandari (the young defender from Spurs) could fill both RB and LB for free, but not sure what Gunn thinks of him.

Powell could do a job as cover in the midfield - predominantly being a striker - and would again be free. Like Mtandari, no idea where he stands now.

Then we''d have the cash left to make the "big" summer signing of Grant Holt/whoever.

We''ll have to wait and see though. Great work from Gunn so far!

[quote user="Mushroom"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]And what have you ever got right in the past? Nothing.[/quote]

Jeez, I was being sarcastic!

[/quote]I know, it was aimed at Pete not you [:D]

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Confirmed by Bryan Gunn.[/quote]

Yepp. Gunn Just Said So On BBC Norfolk! :)

[/quote]So he wasn''t lying then! Well done Pete[;)]

[quote user="6th May 1939"]Pacy left winger? Over Mr & Mrs Wynn-Jones''s cold dead bodies I should imagine.[/quote]

If we manage to somehow bring Albert Adomah in as well, we''d be well set for a great season. He''s very versatile as well (can play either wing or up-front I believe) so we''d have plenty of options.

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]

[/quote]

Well that news put a coconut in your tambpurine didn''t it Mr.Bump

It''s also been confirmed that Askou is coming back with the team, training all week and is likely to play against the Man Utd kids on Saturday. No other news on the other triallists yet.

Good news. But we can;t stop there, we need to keep bringing quality in. A goalscoring striker and full backs are now top priority. Another winger/midfielder would be good too. Can''t have too many options.

[quote user="lynn canary"][quote user="Jen_Jen"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

[quote user="lynn canary"][quote user="Jen_Jen"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Are you serious. He''s joking. Jaysus.Some people.

Do we know what has happened with the Spurs trialists? There was some good reports for them, albeit Fakenham.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="lynn canary"][quote user="Jen_Jen"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Have you ever heard of sarcasm?
[/quote]

Nope don''t think so.

Back on topic,. Good signing. Can be a real influential player next year. We have got rid of Croft and got in Whaley and i think Whaley is better than Croft anyway so a good bit of dealing this summer. Let''s just see a coupleof full backs and a good striker and pacy left winger.

Actually you CAN ave too many options. I would suggest that is, in part, what ledto our demise. Too many options leads to a chopping and changing mentality and a lack of stability. We need a strong 14 with reasonable cover IMO

Good signing. Would like to see Maric and another striker (Holt??) Askou, a new LB and a new RB now.

Maric sounds very impressive. I know the opposition has not been quality but if he can do good against Wigan then we must sign him up. No goalscorers in our team at the minute so we can''t do any harm by giving Maric a contract. I would be delighted if we signed Whaley and Maric on monday.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

[quote user="6th May 1939"]Pacy left winger? Over Mr & Mrs Wynn-Jones''s cold dead bodies I should imagine.[/quote]

If we manage to somehow bring Albert Adomah in as well, we''d be well set for a great season. He''s very versatile as well (can play either wing or up-front I believe) so we''d have plenty of options.

[/quote]

Posted that I''d like to see the likes of Adomah here a few weeks back - he''s worth up to 500k of anybody''s money, so unfortunately it''s unlikely we''ll be seeing him in a City shirt.The option of playing two pacey wide men is a must in any successful team/squad, and with Hoolahan being utilised in his best position (attacking central midfielder) the acquisition of a speedy left man is imperative..