Sign in to follow this  
Happy little canary

That happy summer feeling!!

Im starting to get that happy feeling I get every summer (Gone by sept/oct!!) about the season ahead and possible promotion!

Hopefully Simon Whaley, Goran Maric, Jens Berthal Askou & Paul Mcveigh will all be signed up?!! Add to that spending abit of cash on Grant Holt. We have kids coming through in the shape of Spillane, Stephens & Adeyemi and I actually think we''re starting to get a squad together that may actually challenge for promotion and maybe even a little cup run?!!

As i said before I may have changed my mind by september/October!!

We still need a goal scorer,yes Maric has done well but i would feel better with a quality forward on board, lets hope if Gunn has got the team he wants he learns how to make Substitutions at the right time because last season he didn''t have a clue,have to say though Gunn has stuck to his word and is building a team of contracted players not the loan army again,only time will tell and as you say come October will we be back to square one?!

[quote user="sad little canary"]

Im starting to get that happy feeling I get every summer (Gone by sept/oct!!) about the season ahead and possible promotion!

Hopefully Simon Whaley, Goran Maric, Jens Berthal Askou & Paul Mcveigh will all be signed up?!! Add to that spending abit of cash on Grant Holt. We have kids coming through in the shape of Spillane, Stephens & Adeyemi and I actually think we''re starting to get a squad together that may actually challenge for promotion and maybe even a little cup run?!!

As i said before I may have changed my mind by september/October!!

[/quote]Know what you mean! I feel the same!(Discuss further tomorrow!) [Y]

[quote user="canarydownunder"]It''s winter in Australia.[/quote]don''t remind me... i''m in Canberra.... weather is not cool.

i know what you mean by the happy summer feeling, this team isn''t looking too bad thus far. still early days however.