Sign in to follow this  
RichT - The Biscuit

I'm feeling positive..........

There''s been a lot of doom and gloom on here (although most of those posters have disappeared since we''ve started winning....but enough about them, this is supposed to be positive) but I''m feeling quite positive about things at the moment, no I''m not saying we''re gonna win the league etc etc, but as of today I think things have improved no end.

Mr Gunn seems to be unearthing a couple of three gems in the trialist section, we seem to be lining up Simon Whaley to give us that all important pace down the wing and differently to Croft, Whaley can actually get a cross to one of his team-mates, don''t get me wrong I loved Lee Croft for his commitment and work-rate but as a winger your bread and butter is to score a few and get your crosses to where they are supposed to be, will always be a personal legend to me though just for the goal against the binner!!

Two things are making me feel quite bouyant about being a Canary fan, the first is the fact that we are getting a number of trialists in, players let contracts expire these days so there are gems out there and fingers crossed Maric and Aksou will be those gems to add a bit of strength and quality to our squad, the second thing is the amount of communication coming out of Mr Gunn, I can;t remember the last time we had a manager who is actively trying to keep the fans updated on things, ok he can''t give away everything and everyone that he working towards, but it''s communication the fans nonetheless, and for that I applaud you Mr Gunn! 

Maybe having a Manager in who does understand the fans could be the difference and get us heading back in the right direction, although I''m trying not to get too carried away.............

I''m with you mate, feeling really good about the first game.  Team Gunn have impressed me over the pre season although I feel the jury is still out on them until the new season starts although it looks as if they have started to build a really strong team with fits a system, something we haven''t really had for 6 or 7 years.I feel it''s more when rather than if we get promoted at this moment although I am probably getting ahead of myself.  If, nay when lol, we do go back up this relegation could have been a blessing in disguise, our wage budget reduced, blooding our own youth instead of relying on other clubs to play them, building a proper squad of our own, a new Chief Executive that seems to know what he''s doing and a management team that seems to know how to work the transfer system.  However, I think people''s views will be a lot different from that if we feel to bounce back up.

It''s nice to see some talent coming through from the youth team too, I saw them a couple of times last year and I think they all deserved the chance, nice to see we''re making them big too, both Stephens and Dumic look like beasts and Adeyemi by all accounts have put on some muscle, give them a year or a few pointless cup games and let them experience, it''s what they need and what we need if we want to develop these clearly talented lads.

Pat on the back for Ricky Martin, he''s taken a useless, unproductive youth set up and turned them into a quality squad and a production line, which this club needs!

"Since we started wining games"  is stretching it a little seeing how the season doesn''t kick off until the 8th August.If you want a true test of how things are going lets wait for the Palace friendly and see how we hold up against them, then may be the time to be(or not)optomistic.

I did say I was trying not to get carried away!!

I get sick of the doom mongers on here spouting nonsense about this that and the other, I just feel more positive today, might change that view next week!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]Here we go, same old.................................[/quote]

Didnt think it would take you long to put doom and gloom on the thread !!!!!!

[quote user="bloodwagon"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Here we go, same old.................................[/quote]

Didnt think it would take you long to put doom and gloom on the thread !!!!!!

[/quote]

He is right though it is the same every season Norwich and the fans are to predictable and its boring now

It''s giving us realists plenty of ammunition for the forthcoming Div.3 humiliation anyway.....

More fuel to the fire. Infact I smell smoke already.......

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

It''s giving us realists plenty of ammunition for the forthcoming Div.3 humiliation anyway.....

[/quote]

No, just hot air..................

You do seem genuinely upset every time Norwich win a game........... I don''t ever want to feel like that.

[quote user="Norwich74"]Because im loyal [;)] just bored of the hypocrites on here and at the club :D
[/quote]

Thats not being LOYAL, thats moaning for the sake of it, rather than getting behind the manager and team.

I think you need to look up the word loyal

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]There you go Cluck! You can add Dicky Knight to your ''Miserable Tossers Society''! [Y]

Is it against the Pinkun forum law to be positive, things are much better (in terms of feeling) than they were 6 months ago and I for one think that we are going in the right direct.

Guess on a discussion board you will always get those that have to be negative, although it''s their opinion and they are entitled to it, I for one do no revel in Norwich losing, in fact it makes me feel gutted for hours, so at the moment I''m gonna enjoy this good vibe and keep my fingers crossed that we get ourselves out of League 1 and back into the Championship at the first time of asking.

That''s my opinion by the way, of which I am entitled to have no matter what I get called!

Rich, Your optimism does you credit!

I am certainly happier now than I was after the Charlton game and I do think that Gunny has made positive transfer moves in TJ/Gill/Nelson/Whaley.  I have seen very little, if anything at all, of these players but they certainly seem to address a few issues from last year, on paper.

I still feel we are a couple of full backs, another midfielder and a couple of strikers from where I would like to be however!

My main concern is that on the striker front we are still where we were two years ago without a half decent target man/goalscorer.  This something Roeder in particular failed to address and its something Gunny MUST sort ASAP.  Preferably before our bigger pre-season friendlies.

Maybe we have found this person in Maric, who has certainly sounded promising, and it would be nice to get him on board pretty soon!

In addition to Maric I beleive Alan Lee would be a good signing giving us good variety.

Askou has also sounded decent and if this is the case then he should be taken on and perhaps either Dumic/Stephens should be loaned out to Lg2 until xmas.

With Clingan and Russell moving on I feel another midfielder is needed, and whilst I am unhappy about losing Clingan its good riddance to Russell from me!

My other concern is my two most hated Norwich players of recent years could potentially play in the same team (Cureton/McVeigh) - If this happens I may lose control............................................ 

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

There you go Cluck! You can add Dicky Knight to your ''Miserable Tossers Society''! [Y]
[/quote]

Jealousy is a very nasty trait....

And no... you cannot join the NCFC Purist Group I''m afraid.....

[quote user="LeagueOneBurge"]

Rich, Your optimism does you credit!

I am certainly happier now than I was after the Charlton game and I do think that Gunny has made positive transfer moves in TJ/Gill/Nelson/Whaley.  I have seen very little, if anything at all, of these players but they certainly seem to address a few issues from last year, on paper.

I still feel we are a couple of full backs, another midfielder and a couple of strikers from where I would like to be however!

My main concern is that on the striker front we are still where we were two years ago without a half decent target man/goalscorer.  This something Roeder in particular failed to address and its something Gunny MUST sort ASAP.  Preferably before our bigger pre-season friendlies.

Maybe we have found this person in Maric, who has certainly sounded promising, and it would be nice to get him on board pretty soon!

In addition to Maric I beleive Alan Lee would be a good signing giving us good variety.

Askou has also sounded decent and if this is the case then he should be taken on and perhaps either Dumic/Stephens should be loaned out to Lg2 until xmas.

With Clingan and Russell moving on I feel another midfielder is needed, and whilst I am unhappy about losing Clingan its good riddance to Russell from me!

My other concern is my two most hated Norwich players of recent years could potentially play in the same team (Cureton/McVeigh) - If this happens I may lose control............................................ 

[/quote]

I really don''t understand the hostility towards Cureton from some of our fans and various posters on here. Yes he''s had some bad misses which cost us some points but he didn''t do it on purpose and I think arguably he struggled a bit because he was too keen to do well for the club having come back. He''s a player who has scored goals at this level and who could be very useful to have in the squad. I personally hope Macdonald comes through this season and becomes established as our main golascorer alongside a big man but I am certainly not writing off Cureton yet.

As for the general point I too will reserve judgment until I have seen some of these players but I do get the feeling that Gunn and the two Ians are strating to build a half decent little squad of players who will be keen to play for the club. I am also encouraged by the fact there are now 4 or 5 youngsters who could break throug this season and that certainly helps to give the squad some more depth. The pre-season results are encouraging, I am delighted Hoolahan is staying and Maric and Askou do indeed both sound like they could be decent additions to the squad at relatively little cost. A striker signed for a bit of money to top it all off and we could be in business.