Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

first team for next season,

with all the arrivals and expected arrivals who do you think will be regular starting eleven

i think itll be the following

theo

semmy nelson doherty drury

whaley gill tudor jones hoolohan

maric mcviegh

i fully expect maric to be given a contract and whaley to join after his medical

im hoping im wrong with semmy starting as i think hes a liability

we go through this nearly everyday....but oh well,

Theoklitos

New RB - Doherty - Nelson - Drury

Whaley - New CM/Gill - Tudur-Jones - Hoolahan

New FW - Maric

[quote user="gsr600"]with all the arrivals and expected arrivals who do you think will be regular starting eleven i think itll be the following theo semmy nelson doherty drury whaley gill tudor jones hoolohan maric mcviegh i fully expect maric to be given a contract and whaley to join after his medical im hoping im wrong with semmy starting as i think hes a liability[/quote]

That team has mid table written all over it..I think the are still transfers coming in, i would like to see a quality proven goalscorer over mcviegh,another centre midfielder i haven''t seen gill or tuder-jones play but i would like to see someone in there who is proven to run the midfield,plus 2 full backs. our overall squad is looking good now. just need that quality in the 1st team to push us on that extra level.

Based on the current squad and assuming that Whaley will sign tomorrow and that we can sign Maric and Askou if we want I think if we were playing Col U tomorrow the teanm would be:

Theokilitis

Otsemabor Doherty Nelson Drury

Whaley OTJ Gill Hoolahan

Maric Cureton

i agree, i think weve got a pretty good midfield setup now but i seriously am worried about where the goals are gonna come from, i can see maric getting a few but we need to have a decent defence so we dont concede,

i think if the team can play together they could perform some shocks and do well but i seriously think that without 2 decent goalscorers well be destined for a mid table possible last place playoff berth,

i think we need a left back similar to what bertrand provided and a rightback in the vain of edworthy,

as for the striker, we need a player like heskey for the other strker to play off, some one who will score goals and not be muscled off the ball,

----------------Theoklitos--------------NEW RB--Doherty--Nelson--Drury--Whaley-------NEW CM----Lappin-----------------Hoolahan-------------------------Maric------Holt---------Hoolahan plays better when he''s not LM

-----------------------Theoklitos-------------------------------New RB-----Doherty----Stefanovic----- Drury--------------Whaley------------Tudor-Jones----------McVeigh---------------------------------Hoolhan-----------------------------------------------McDonald-------Maric------------------------Subs: Rudd, Gill, Martin, Nelson, Semmi, Adeyemi

I think that it''s likely we''ll see an attacking 4-3-3 formation a lot this season, with 3 strikers, 2 CM and Hoolahan as playmaker behind the strikers. This worked well in Scotland but will depend on the FBs getting forward as WBs to give width.

Theo

Semmy - Doc - Nelson or Askou - Drury (or Lappin as WB)

Tudur Jones - Hoolahan - Gill (or Pattison)

Whaley (or Bridges) - Maric - McDonald (or Cureton)

Obviously, I''m assuming Clingan has moved on. If need be, this 4-3-3 could be transformed into a 4-4-2 by Hoolahan moving up on the left.