Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Finding it difficult! A fairy tale.

In our house there is a Norwich Teddy resplendent in his scarf and tam who has sat on the back of our settee in the living room since summer 2003.

About November last year he decided he could not take the pressure and pulled down his tam over his eyes until that wonderful day in May. He enjoyed the summer so much.

He''s trying again this season and actually invited his pal Paddington to sit beside him. But poor fellow, he''s been staring balefully into space with his scarf all askew since last Saturday & he still hasn''t got over the shock.

But he''s a wise young fellow. He says that if Worthy doesn''t soon start backing class, he will have to pull down the tam again and hold on for a rough ride.

He says cut the sentiment and play Helveg at right back, Jonsonn on the wing, Doherty in central defence, and McKenzie as main striker (He says this tall target man stuff is foolishness in the Premiership). Also, Jarvis, Henderson and Shackell must be given adequate chance early enough to see if they can cut it this year.

Finally, he says that the defence can''t be that good if all the back 6 (4 plus 2 defensive midfielders) can do is play too deep, indulge in a series of heroics and keep giving the d*mn ball away.

He remembers the mantra from last season. Earn the right to play, and then get the bl**dy ball down and pass it.

Norwich Teddy''s hanging on for dear life. But his heart is green and yellow. All he wants is for City to back class, defend higher, get the ball down and play, and sock it to some of them!!!!!

His rant is over - and he''s convinced Paddington to join him again on Saturday, when Pompey come to town.

OTBC for ever.

Absolutely spot on Bly Bly. I hope Worthy dreams this scenario or possibly even reads what you''ve written. Possibly you could dispatch Paddington to Worthy''s house for a friendly chat.   

Cheers Yankee.

I will talk to Paddington, but Norwich Teddy says he gets confused sometimes. You see Paddington is only familiar with Highbury where they know how to keep the ball and pass to maximum effect and Lima, Peru, where they keep the ball and pass it ever decreasing circles to no effect.

OTBC for ever.

I hesitate to start making observations and comments relating your team selection BB, as it risks removing the fun, amusement and spirit of the post. And generally, i can see the sense in going for class. The only bone i have is in the centre of defence. Who are you taking out? Neither have done much wrong. I couldn''t drop Charlton as the only one who most sensibly and intelligently passes out of defence while Fleming would put his head between the goal and a canonball if he had to and already has done to save certain goals. I''d hate to lose that too.

Equally, i haven''t seen enough evidence to drop Eddie whereas i saw plenty to drop Helveg when he started, albeit that he hasn''t had much of a chance yet.

No, much as i hate to admit it, it''s the midfield and up front where we have problems. I thought our midfield was going to be the nuts after worthy got in bentley, johnson, safri but it''s missing something. Agreed Johnson needs his chance to shine as he must be able to offer something! I think maybe what is missing is cohesion and a better understanding of the front players and how they play. I doubt if Johnson for instance is used to playing with someone like Huckerby. He needs to look for killer balls to feet as well as working the wings which is often a thankless task against the better prem defences. He hasn''t had much lucking doing that in his first few games.

Anyway, love the post!

a1. Cheers.

Paddington is removed from the sentiment and poses a riddle ; if City got Rio Ferdinand, who would you drop - Charlton or Fleming? The head says that if Doherty is a better central defender than either of them, then Doherty should play. The heart says carry on with the heroics and defend so deep that we can''t really achieve the adequate territorial possession needed to organise and perform.

Eddie may be playing above expectations, but Helveg is captain of Denmark etc etc. Is Helveg better than Eddie or is he unfit/unmotivated/out of form - if none of these, then he must play.

It''s difficult. It''s difficult. It''s difficult. But we have to back class whilst retaining the spirit in the camp.

I read that Harry Rednapp has traded over 100 players since taking over Pompey 2.5 years ago.

Anyway Norwich Teddy has fixed up himself and is ready for the ride on Saturday - rough or not!!!!

OTBC for ever.