Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Goalkeeper on loan?

I reckon we should loan a reserve keeper for a few months and put Rudd out on loan to get some more first team experience.

What are your thoughts?

could work however I''m not sure if teams will want a keeper to start matches for them for just a few months... would probably want a season long loan

forgot to add... I do think Rudd could do with some first team games to get a bit of experience... youth and reserve games just aren''t the same compared to first team league matches... whatever happens surely we must trust Gunn''s judgement being a former keeper himself

I''m pretty sure that Rudd will get a few chances here this year.  If I were Gunny I''d play him in a couple of the Paint Trophy games and I am sure he will be pushing to be number 1

Paint Trophy! Forgot about that... good shout :) Maybe he doesn''t need a loan after all... early fa cup and carling cup rounds and all the paint trophy matches, could be a good starting point

He''s only 18, give him another year to work out with the group as reserve GK. Paint trophy will give him opportunities.

get a keeper on a deal till the end of the season and send Rudd out on a season long loan with a 24 hour recall.. that way if we need him back here on the bench (or in the firs team) we can get him easily... we also would have an experianced number 2 to nurture him a bit too and he would already have 1st team football from the loan... everyones a winner baby!

jas :)

I think playing in the combination will be a step up for him, as he said in a recent interview this pre season is the first time he''s played against men, I think between playing combination football, being no 2 to theo and a regular on the bench is the next step in his education, any more would be rushing him