Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

A pretty reliable rule of thumb......

........based on over 50 of years experience is that:

In general, a ''good'' pre-season tends to preface a poor league season and a ''poor'' pre-season tends to be followed by a ''good'' showing in the league.

Check it out before you shout me down, nuh!

And remember that the outcome of this pre-season is yet to fully unwind.

OTBC

And as i have said before........I watched a certain Peter Thorne bang in the goals pre season once....hehehe

[quote user="Big Bob"]You''re views yet again are full of absolute bullshit.[/quote]Your*Sorry, don''t normally comment on spelling mistakes but that one''s especially irritating.Bly is generally speaking, right, it''s just how things tend to work out. However, like he also said, we still have pre-season matches to lose, yay! [:D]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

In general, a ''good'' pre-season tends to preface a poor league season and a ''poor'' pre-season tends to be followed by a ''good'' showing in the league.

OTBC

[/quote]An equally reliable rule of thumb based on over 50 years experience is that:As soon as something positive happens with NCFC, someone will find a way to prove that it is actually negative....

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Big Bob"]You''re views yet again are full of absolute bullshit.[/quote]Your*Sorry, don''t normally comment on spelling mistakes but that one''s especially irritating.Bly is generally speaking, right, it''s just how things tend to work out. However, like he also said, we still have pre-season matches to lose, yay! [:D][/quote]Yep, that was a bad'' un, or is that too slang for you?

OTBC

[/quote]What happens when Glenn Roeder doesn''t organise a proper one because he hasn''t got enough players?

OTBC

[/quote]

I can confirm this as an actual fact my Fellow Purist friend.....

No club has ever had a successful season after beating a load of non league Jock sides who weren''t really trying... thus exciting their deluded and easily led sheep like luvvie duvvie Deliarite "fan-nies"......

A good spot Bly........

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Big Bob"]You''re views yet again are full of absolute bullshit.[/quote]Your*Sorry, don''t normally comment on spelling mistakes but that one''s especially irritating.Bly is generally speaking, right, it''s just how things tend to work out. However, like he also said, we still have pre-season matches to lose, yay! [:D][/quote]Yep, that was a bad'' un, or is that too slang for you?[/quote]If i can accept Pink''un..i guess i have to accept bad'' un. [:)]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Big Bob"]You''re views yet again are full of absolute bullshit.[/quote]Your*Sorry, don''t normally comment on spelling mistakes but that one''s especially irritating.Bly is generally speaking, right, it''s just how things tend to work out. However, like he also said, we still have pre-season matches to lose, yay! [:D][/quote]Yep, that was a bad'' un, or is that too slang for you?[/quote]If i can accept Pink''un..i guess i have to accept bad'' un. [:)][/quote]Talking of grammar, where should the apostrophe go in Pink un? Never thought about it before but I suppose, strictly speaking, it should be Pink un'' to indicate a missing ''e'' or Pink''un'' to indicate a made up word??? Any scholar care to enlighten us?

True, I remember some of our very best starts to the season coming after some dreadful pre season results. But, I can''t help feeling that after the disasters of last season, getting the winning mentality back this Summer is no bad thing.

[quote user="Big Bob"]You''re views yet again are full of absolute bullshit.
[/quote]

Drip, drip, drip.

Bang. Bang.

Dear oh dear

OTBC

Bly - really is there any need for all this hatred of NCFC...

...you''re worse than Wiz these days.

I totally disagree and would in fact suggest the opposite is true.

[quote user="THINK BLUE"]Bly - really is there any need for all this hatred of NCFC... ...you''re worse than Wiz these days. I totally disagree and would in fact suggest the opposite is true.[/quote]

Hate?

What is it with you americans and hate?

You''re weird man. Whacko we call it over in England.

But still. One love.

OTBC

Hate?

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]It''s a bit rich you calling someone else weird.

The thing is when was the last time we had a good or poor pre-season?Are you talking about results or performances? We always have some little teams and some big teams in our pre-season programme and we normally do the expected in loose to the big teams and beat the lesser teams.So what big deal.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hate?

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s a bit rich you calling someone else weird.
[/quote]

Take some indigestion tabets and lighten up - or don''t read my threads then, Alan.

Simple.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hate?

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]It''s a bit rich you calling someone else weird.[/quote]

Take some indigestion tabets and lighten up - or don''t read my threads then, Alan.

Simple.

OTBC

[/quote]Every one is read with the vain hope that someone else, as part of it, might say something worth reading.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hate?

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]It''s a bit rich you calling someone else weird.[/quote]

Simple.

OTBC

[/quote]Or even simpler, stop posting on this board.

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hate?

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Simple.

OTBC

[/quote]
Or even simpler, stop posting on this board.
[/quote]

You''re the one advertising a rival board in your signature. Dear oh dear.

So why don''t you stop being a hypocrite and buggger off there?

Still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hate?

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Simple.

OTBC

[/quote]

Every one is read with the vain hope that someone else, as part of it, might say something worth reading.
[/quote]

Keep reading then.

It''s a real shame that those other folk keep letting you down though.

Ug.

OTBC

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I can confirm this as an actual fact my Fellow Purile friend.....

No club has ever had a successful season after beating a load of non league Jock sides who weren''t really trying... thus exciting their deluded and easily led sheep like luvvie duvvie Deliarite "fan-nies"......

A good spot Bly........

[/quote]

You couldn''t make it up.... have you two got a script to go off?

The 08/09 pre season was pretty poor and look what happened that season

Date Opponent H/A Result

Wed July 16 Gorleston A 1-8

Sat July 19 Ahlafors IF A 1-2

Tue July 22 Falkenbergs FF A 0-3

Fri July 25 Dereham Town A 2-1

Mon July 28 Tottenham Hotspur H 1-5

Tue July 29 King''s Lynn A 2-2

Sat Aug 2 Colchester United H 2-2

So that seems to contradict the rule of thumb!!

OTBC

[/quote]

And yet if we''d *lost* all out pre-season games, why do I get the feeling this post would never have been made?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

And yet if we''d *lost* all out pre-season games, why do I get the feeling this post would never have been made?

We could never have lost those three games, even though we nearly did. The last three games have been a ''training'' exercise and we got three victories. Or another way of looking at it is that Airdrie have only 12 registered players and they still scored twice against us. I see green shoots of recovery but theres a long way to go.

[/quote]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]We could never have lost those three games, even though we nearly did.

The last three games have been a ''training'' exercise and we got three

victories. Or another way of looking at it is that Airdrie have only 12

registered players and they still scored twice against us. I see green

shoots of recovery but theres a long way to go.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]We could never have lost those three games, even though we nearly did.

The last three games have been a ''training'' exercise and we got three

victories. Or another way of looking at it is that Airdrie have only 12

registered players and they still scored twice against us. I see green

shoots of recovery but theres a long way to go.

[/quote]Yes, I accept that.  My point was more that if we''d lost all our pre-season games, I don''t think Bly would have posted a "never mind, history shows we do well when we lose" type post.  Yet he, and others, are very quick to do every achievement down, no matter how slight it may be.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

We could never have lost those three games, even though we nearly did. The last three games have been a ''training'' exercise and we got three victories. Or another way of looking at it is that Airdrie have only 12 registered players and they still scored twice against us. I see green shoots of recovery but theres a long way to go.

[/quote]

Yes, I accept that.  My point was more that if we''d lost all our pre-season games, I don''t think Bly would have posted a "never mind, history shows we do well when we lose" type post.  Yet he, and others, are very quick to do every achievement down, no matter how slight it may be.

[/quote]True, just ignore him.  He''s an idiot.  Take a look at this... http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/3/1759706/ShowPost.aspx#1759706

Bly makes something up to have a go at the club, calls someone a hypocrite and then when challenged about his claim, he can''t come up with the facts that he claims exist.

He just talks a load of bull to complain.

[quote user="THINK BLUE"]Bly - really is there any need for all this hatred of NCFC... ...you''re worse than Wiz these days. I totally disagree and would in fact suggest the opposite is true.[/quote]

Hate?

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

On pre-season and '' real '' results would have to agree with BBB ......

More often than not - but not all the time - a good string of friendly results pre-season ends up with as a poor start when it really matters. Perhaps a few narrow defeats/draws between now and 8th August will keep everyone happy?

What''s all this with the hate thing, THINK BLUE ? BBB merely observed that a good pre-season for Norwich often turns out to be only '' so-so '' later on.