Sign in to follow this  
Common Sense

A Small Example Of Where Your Money Goes

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Hey Lappinitup,

Have you bought your season ticket for Division 3 (old money) football yet?[/quote]Changed my mind Tangy........If football makes me as miserable as it does you then there''s no point.

[/quote]

I have watched too much rubbish at Carrow Rd during recent seasons....its having an effect on me, aaagggghhh!  Lol!

Don''t forget all the money they spent on today''s game...

oh yea, it didnt cost them anything.

Ridiculous post. Some people will always pick holes in the club.

[quote user="Common Sense"]

Although newspaper reports have stated that the team are staying at St Andrews University it is not strictly true.

They are staying there and at two other hotels during their Scotland tour. One of the hotels is priced at £170 a night & even with players / staff sharing a room thats a lot of money for a club that cannot compete in the transfer arena. The other hotel is just over £100 & St Andrews a bit cheaper but add that to the air fares and that the travelling party totals 48 you have an idea where the money goes.

You can all do the maths yourselves.

I fully understand the players need to be one hundred percent prepared for the new season & pre season is a vital time at all clubs but does a club that CONSTANTLY claims to be hard up really need to spend this amount of money ?

We have had a number of Scottish tours in recent years & they have certainly not produced the goods in terms of performances when the proper season begins.

Anyway thats just one example of how Norwich City Football Club spends your money.

[/quote]How do you suggest the team prepares for next season at not cost to the club?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Well done Common Sense.

Going back to Doncaster''s analysis in the paper a few months back, £805k was listed as being spent on accommodation, travel, medical etc.

We are a Division 3 (old money) club, not a Premiership club.[/quote]Too right Tangy, must be a Butlins nearby. If not the YHA is only £9 a night. Let''s get real, fed up with being a laughing stock!

[/quote]

Oh yeah good one, lets put them all in youth hostels full of screaming drunk 18 year old Kiwi''s and Aussies, 4 per room.

Then lets see us beat St Johnstone having players that have not slept at all, and then discover that the manky shared air conditioning of those little dives has given our entire squad swine flu.

You are lucky to get a Travel Lodge room for £50 a night these days, so seriously get with it!  Me and my missus paid more than that per night in Las Vegas, and I was an office administrator. £100 a night is pretty normal for a half decent hotel.

We arent going to sign Preston wingers and Palace forwards by promising them £9 a night slums.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Well done Common Sense.

Going back to Doncaster''s analysis in the paper a few months back, £805k was listed as being spent on accommodation, travel, medical etc.

We are a Division 3 (old money) club, not a Premiership club.[/quote]Too right Tangy, must be a Butlins nearby. If not the YHA is only £9 a night. Let''s get real, fed up with being a laughing stock!

[/quote]

Oh yeah good one, lets put them all in youth hostels full of screaming drunk 18 year old Kiwi''s and Aussies, 4 per room.

Then lets see us beat St Johnstone having players that have not slept at all, and then discover that the manky shared air conditioning of those little dives has given our entire squad swine flu.

You are lucky to get a Travel Lodge room for £50 a night these days, so seriously get with it!  Me and my missus paid more than that per night in Las Vegas, and I was an office administrator. £100 a night is pretty normal for a half decent hotel.

We arent going to sign Preston wingers and Palace forwards by promising them £9 a night slums.

[/quote]

Are you saying youth hostels are slums? Better let the YHA know as soon as possible.

Didn''t an expensive player of ours drive out of Dunstan Hall last year stiff stone drunk in his underpants?

Nothing wrong with a Travelodge room if its not in a noisy location.

OTBC

All I can say is that Colchester got through just short of Â£600k on travel/accommodation last season in League One.  We don''t include medical expenses in ours - Lord knows what they were. Gillespie probably did in £150k on his own.[+o(] All I know is that the medical expenses in our last Championship season have been described as "horrendous."

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Well done Common Sense.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you saying youth hostels are slums? Better let the YHA know as soon as possible.

Didn''t an expensive player of ours drive out of Dunstan Hall last year stiff stone drunk in his underpants?

OTBC

[/quote]

I wouldn''t begrudge making the players stay at a Travelodge, but a youth hostel is going too far....

I have stayed in some prenty manky youth hostels in my time mate, sorry..... but many of them are nothing better than prison cells!

I have the solution!The club needs to buy a small fleet of VW Camper vans. Half a dozen should do it.They could then draw up a rota for designated drivers and the job''s a good un.No hotel fees, no drivers to pay, and the option of stopping off on the way home to do some surfing.Of course there would be the small issue of the vans being turned over by hoardes of feral chavs every night, but it''s all good character building stuff.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Well done Common Sense.

We are a Division 3 (old money) club, not a Premiership club.[/quote]Too right Tangy, must be a Butlins nearby. If not the YHA is only £9 a night. Let''s get real, fed up with being a laughing stock![/quote]Oh yeah good one, lets put them all in youth hostels full of screaming drunk 18 year old Kiwi''s and Aussies, 4 per room.

We arent going to sign Preston wingers and Palace forwards by promising them £9 a night slums.[/quote]Phew!! That one sailed right over your head. At least Tangy got it and he''s not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Now, sit back, take a deep breath and read it again, there''s a good lad. [:)]

[quote user="Herb"]I have the solution!
The club needs to buy a small fleet of VW Camper vans. Half a dozen should do it.

They could then draw up a rota for designated drivers and the job''s a good un.
No hotel fees, no drivers to pay, and the option of stopping off on the way home to do some surfing.

Of course there would be the small issue of the vans being turned over by hoardes of feral chavs every night, but it''s all good character building stuff.

[/quote]

Holy crap, Herb made me laugh!  Way to go, Herb.  Usually we p!ss each other off. I enjoy some good, stinging, well played sarcasm.[Y]

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Well done Common Sense.

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

I wouldn''t begrudge making the players stay at a Travelodge, but a youth hostel is going too far....

I have stayed in some prenty manky youth hostels in my time mate, sorry..... but many of them are nothing better than prison cells!

[/quote]

Were the sheets skid marked?

[quote user="Herb"]I have the solution!
The club needs to buy a small fleet of VW Camper vans. Half a dozen should do it.

They could then draw up a rota for designated drivers and the job''s a good un.
No hotel fees, no drivers to pay, and the option of stopping off on the way home to do some surfing.

Of course there would be the small issue of the vans being turned over by hoardes of feral chavs every night, but it''s all good character building stuff.

[/quote]

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2014/2399059435_6824789a59.jpg?v=0[/img]

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"][quote user="Common Sense"]

Although newspaper reports have stated that the team are staying at St Andrews University it is not strictly true.

They are staying there and at two other hotels during their Scotland tour. One of the hotels is priced at £170 a night & even with players / staff sharing a room thats a lot of money for a club that cannot compete in the transfer arena. The other hotel is just over £100 & St Andrews a bit cheaper but add that to the air fares and that the travelling party totals 48 you have an idea where the money goes.

You can all do the maths yourselves.

I fully understand the players need to be one hundred percent prepared for the new season & pre season is a vital time at all clubs but does a club that CONSTANTLY claims to be hard up really need to spend this amount of money ?

We have had a number of Scottish tours in recent years & they have certainly not produced the goods in terms of performances when the proper season begins.

Anyway thats just one example of how Norwich City Football Club spends your money.

[/quote]

How do you suggest the team prepares for next season at not cost to the club?
[/quote]

Have pre season training at Colney / UEA. like they use to.

[quote user="canarytom"]Most of mine goes on the mortgage[/quote]

Me too.

I find this an odd heading for a thread about NCFC.  The money the team spends on anything is not my money, it is theirs.  Norwich City does not come by its money through taxes, does it?  Anything they get from me is given voluntarily.  I hate how McDonald''s spends all of my money on advertising!

Cam.,

Could you please provide the source for this.

Thanks

To help out Cam- I believe it was on Form 4454(a)1C2 that they were required to deposit with the Ministry of Bureaucratic Affairs.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="canarytom"]Most of mine goes on the mortgage[/quote]

Me too.

I find this an odd heading for a thread about NCFC.  The money the team spends on anything is not my money, it is theirs.  Norwich City does not come by its money through taxes, does it?  Anything they get from me is given voluntarily.  I hate how McDonald''s spends all of my money on advertising!

[/quote]

On that basis the fans shouldn''t hear any bleating about money from the club.

TFA

Matt Hudson, the media officer "close on 600k".  That includes a five day break away at the start of last season - the so called bonding exercise -  and a couple of flights - one to Carlisle and I think the other was to the Yeovil game away so they could get a full day''s training in.  The rest on coach/travel costs/hotel accommodation plus a few quid on the reserves and academy lads one assumes.

Me too.

I find this an odd heading for a thread about NCFC.  The money the team spends on anything is not my money, it is theirs.  Norwich City does not come by its money through taxes, does it?  Anything they get from me is given voluntarily.  I hate how McDonald''s spends all of my money on advertising

Not really.  They can complain they don''t have enough money all they want.  I complain about not having enough money, but that doesn''t give the people who contribute to my finances any say  in how I spend my money.  If I buy another NCFC shirt, that doesn''t give me any input into how the team is being run.  If it did, I''d have bought one last year and not run Huckerby out of town, and another one and not re-signed D''OHerty.  Both moves cost us dearly, as did hiring Peter Grunt.

My point is that the money the team gets is not my money any more.  If they were getting tax money, then I could see how calling it "my" money made sense.

I think TFA may just have uncovered the secret of our downfall last year....  On the basis of the comparison with Colchester and bearing in mind our figure included medical expenses, we clearly failed to look after our guys properly in terms of travel and accommodation.Yet again we have been let down by the cheeseparing cook failing to demonstrate ambition. We should demand that she spends a decent amount on travel and accommodation this season and watch the team rocket up the League!

Me too.

I find this an odd heading for a thread about NCFC.  The money the team spends on anything is not my money, it is theirs.  Norwich City does not come by its money through taxes, does it?  Anything they get from me is given voluntarily.  I hate how McDonald''s spends all of my money on advertising

Not really.  They can complain they don''t have enough money all they want.  I complain about not having enough money, but that doesn''t give the people who contribute to my finances any say  in how I spend my money.  If I buy another NCFC shirt, that doesn''t give me any input into how the team is being run.  If it did, I''d have bought one last year and not run Huckerby out of town, and another one and not re-signed D''OHerty.  Both moves cost us dearly, as did hiring Peter Grunt.

My point is that the money the team gets is not my money any more.  If they were getting tax money, then I could see how calling it "my" money made sense.

[/quote]

Here we go again.....

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]I think TFA may just have uncovered the secret of our downfall last year....  On the basis of the comparison with Colchester and bearing in mind our figure included medical expenses, we clearly failed to look after our guys properly in terms of travel and accommodation.

Yet again we have been let down by the cheeseparing cook failing to demonstrate ambition. We should demand that she spends a decent amount on travel and accommodation this season and watch the team rocket up the League!
[/quote]

One small but serious point.  I don''t know what happens at Norwich but U''s Manager always wants to train Friday so if we have a long haul away trip for a Saturday game he goes Thursday so we can train locally on the Friday if he thinks it too far to travel in one day - and that involves a van going to wherever with all the training equipment that clubs use these days plus two hotel nights!  Our media guy said the cost just of coach travel has soared astronomically because of fuel increases etc (even with a contract) and the fact that most long haul coach trips now require two drivers on board. 

U''s have made cutbacks because of the recession - a number of backroom jobs gone, some made part time, scouting team disbanded. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]I think TFA may just have uncovered the secret of our downfall last year....  On the basis of the comparison with Colchester and bearing in mind our figure included medical expenses, we clearly failed to look after our guys properly in terms of travel and accommodation.

Yet again we have been let down by the cheeseparing cook failing to demonstrate ambition. We should demand that she spends a decent amount on travel and accommodation this season and watch the team rocket up the League!
[/quote]

One small but serious point.  I don''t know what happens at Norwich but U''s Manager always wants to train Friday so if we have a long haul away trip for a Saturday game he goes Thursday so we can train locally on the Friday if he thinks it too far to travel in one day - and that involves a van going to wherever with all the training equipment that clubs use these days plus two hotel nights!  Our media guy said the cost just of coach travel has soared astronomically because of fuel increases etc (even with a contract) and the fact that most long haul coach trips now require two drivers on board. 

U''s have made cutbacks because of the recession - a number of backroom jobs gone, some made part time, scouting team disbanded. 

[/quote]

Are Colchester still after Grant Holt or have they given up? Whats the transfer situation, as they seem to be linked with fairly big moves for this league.

Are you going to the Col v City game at carrow Road? Could meet up for a beer my old sparring partner.[B]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are Colchester still after Grant Holt or have they given up? Whats the transfer situation, as they seem to be linked with fairly big moves for this league.

Are you going to the Col v City game at carrow Road? Could meet up for a beer my old sparring partner.[B]

[/quote]

As far as I know we have given up with Holt.  We''ve been linked with lots of people but the Manager says he has tried for seven strikers and not got any of them yet which sounds about right for us. [+o(] We''re being linked with a Hamilton Accies bloke at the moment (or two) but nothing official this end.  We need two strikers - pretty much all right everywhere else.  I expect us to go for a third keeper as well (we don''t have your youth backup there).

I cannot go to Saturday games - absolutely crucial day this end.  I would love to come to Norwich and see it but sadly it is not possible. 

This season is the big test for Gunn and it is for Lambert as well this end. 

And, yes, I would be quite happy to buy you a drink.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As far as I know we have given up with Holt.  We''ve been linked with lots of people but the Manager says he has tried for seven strikers and not got any of them yet which sounds about right for us. [+o(] We''re being linked with a Hamilton Accies bloke at the moment (or two) but nothing official this end.  We need two strikers - pretty much all right everywhere else.  I expect us to go for a third keeper as well (we don''t have your youth backup there).

I cannot go to Saturday games - absolutely crucial day this end.  I would love to come to Norwich and see it but sadly it is not possible. 

[/quote]

Lambert looks a decent fella, with big ideas. Ill take you up on that drink one day! [:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps you would like Jamie back then?

OTBC

Me too.

[/quote]Agree with your point, but suggesting Doherty was a big part of our downfall last season is a bit thick, and suggests you probably didn''t see any of the poor-excuse-for-football that we played.

OT but just seen this;

Cluck''s Norwich City F.C. Purist Group.....
BlyBlyBabes. Smudger. The Butler. Shyster. Mello Yello. Mr Carrow.
(Membership by invitation only. No sheep or Yanks allowed).

Are you 12 years old?