Sign in to follow this  
row

clingan on his way

just seen sammy at odeon with his mrs, briefly stopped to ask if he was staying for next season, he replied that is the clubs decision, its completely out of my hands, this apitamises the clubs lack of ambition! always looking to make a quick buck!

Just like I posted a few days ago mate. Neither Clingan or Russell wants to leave put the club wants them off the wage bill.Russell I''m not fussed about but it''s a tough one with Clingan.Do you keep him for 1 more season and lose him on a free or cash in on him now and hopefully improve the squad with a couple more players?Personally I''d go for the latter

how do you know they want to stay ?

i''d keep him but cash in on rusty balls

Unless either of them want to stay, which it doesn''t appear they do, they should go. However, whether a team makes an acceptable offer remains to be seen. If they''d wanted to stay, they would be in Scotland now. I don''t see how selling these two epitomises a lack of ambiton, it reflects reality.

Or...

Perhaps the fact that they are on such big wages shows that the club were ambitious but now we have been relegated we cannot afford to have such big earners at the club.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

Or...

Perhaps the fact that they are on such big wages shows that the club were ambitious but now we have been relegated we cannot afford to have such big earners at the club.

[/quote]But if this was true, Gunn wouldn''t have offered Stephen Hughes £7k a week to sign from Aberdeen, so I think it''s more that Sammy doesn''t see his future in League One.

Well siad sir, could not agree with you more......if Clingan wanted to stay he would NOT have spoken to Coventry and ACCEPTED TERMS if he wanted to stay with NCFC. And if his agent hadn''t stuck his twopenneth in, he would be gone by now!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

Or...

[/quote]But if this was true, Gunn wouldn''t have offered Stephen Hughes £7k a week to sign from Aberdeen, so I think it''s more that Sammy doesn''t see his future in League One.[/quote]Or ...Cam is correct & the £7k a week figure is pure fiction ....

[quote user="porkyp"]Well siad sir, could not agree with you more......if Clingan wanted to stay he would NOT have spoken to Coventry and ACCEPTED TERMS if he wanted to stay with NCFC. And if his agent hadn''t stuck his twopenneth in, he would be gone by now![/quote]

That comment is interesting, if its true the agent came in at the last minute and screwed up the whole deal, it demonstrates just how far those leeches have penetrated into the infrastructure of the game.

[quote user="row"]just seen sammy at odeon with his mrs, briefly stopped to ask if he was staying for next season, he replied that is the clubs decision, its completely out of my hands, this apitamises the clubs lack of ambition! always looking to make a quick buck![/quote]

thats the type of answer i would give if out with my wife and getting hassled at the cinema

[quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="row"]just seen sammy at odeon with his mrs, briefly stopped to ask if he was staying for next season, he replied that is the clubs decision, its completely out of my hands, this apitamises the clubs lack of ambition! always looking to make a quick buck![/quote]

thats the type of answer i would give if out with my wife and getting hassled at the cinema

[/quote]

Exactly........ what did anyone expect..?........ "I am leaving for better wages and the fact I think I am too good for Lg 1 /Norwich"

I am actually fairly certain the club would keep him if he agreed to sign a contract extention.............

But it would cost the club roughly 1.1 million for the 1 year if he walks next year like Croft did. (750K fee plus wages)

Even if we win promotion he could still walk.......... he did that exact thing with Notts F to come here.

I never see City players outside of Carrow Road and I''ve been to Odeon twice in the last fortnight!

I''ve been to two different cinemas in the past three nights and I haven''t seen a single Norwich City player in either of them..... Okay, so these cinemas were in Manchester, granted, but if I had reported seeing Clingan in the East Didsbury Cineworld its just as likely to have turned out to be true as this little story..............I love the school holidays.

[quote user="Largey"]

I never see City players outside of Carrow Road and I''ve been to Odeon twice in the last fortnight!

[/quote]

Try Adsa?

Or Mercy VIP?

Haha

If it''s a case that the club are worried that he will go for a free next season, then offer him another contract, if he signs great. If he doesn''t then let him go.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''ve been to two different cinemas in the past three nights and I haven''t seen a single Norwich City player in either of them..... Okay, so these cinemas were in Manchester, granted, but if I had reported seeing Clingan in the East Didsbury Cineworld its just as likely to have turned out to be true as this little story..............I love the school holidays.[/quote]You should have gone to printworks IMax, fool.Rusty was there seeing Transformers 2. He said it was pants and the Michael Bay should not be allowed anywhere near a film ever again.  I agreed.

It''s the AMC for me out of the three main cinema''s in Manchester. I have yet to see a City player there, but if I do, I''ll be sure to let you guys/girls know... : ) 

The row is between Clingan and his agency, the latter better known for their athletics representation.

honestly think clinkers would stay if needs be, the thing is he is worth 750 grand and if he doesn''t agree at least a year extension, he might b worth letting go. I''d love him 2 stay regardless and provide ammo for the likes of whaley and hoolahan to scheme off, but it''s unlikely.

AMC used to be my preference when I lived closer to town, and I go to the Odeon mostly cos my mate works there and I can get to see some films for free - saw Moon on Friday night, its absolutely brilliant, although it was spoiled slightly by Stefanovic sat right in front of me sulking.... Cineworld is closer, although its also more expensive and ultimately more shit...

[quote user="Willmeister"]If it''s a case that the club are worried that he will go for a free next season, then offer him another contract, if he signs great. If he doesn''t then let him go.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!

Cam,

Are you implying that there is a disagreement as to who should pay for the agents fees. Assuming that neither Clingan nor the buying club (as has been reported in the case of Coventry) want to pay this fee, presumbaly our club has had the gun placed against its head. By this I mean is it the club''s decision whether to pay the fee in order to crystallise a receipt and offlaod a high wage earner. If this is so, this may be what Clingan meant - assuming that the OP''s story is true.

Is Clingan with us!? We got him for free and he doesn''t want to be here!Ffs, let''s grab the Coventry offer and spend it on Adomah before the he frigs off to Blackpool or some other 2nd tier side.

[quote user="Shyster"]Is Clingan with us!? We got him for free and he doesn''t want to be here!Ffs, let''s grab the Coventry offer and spend it on Adomah before the he frigs off to Blackpool or some other 2nd tier side.[/quote]

''Is Clingan still with us!?''