Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

My one off Non-Related NCFC Tread in the wrong place (forgive me Pete!)......

Promise not to do it again but....Bad Monday, bad Tuesday, bad Wednesday, bad Thursday.....Friday, started badly, got home, saw the Ashes score and Ricky Pontings face.  Priceless.  [:D]Sorry all.  OTBC!! (and England)

[quote user="AndyJR"]Promise not to do it again but....Bad Monday, bad Tuesday, bad Wednesday, bad Thursday.....Friday, started badly, got home, saw the Ashes score and Ricky Pontings face.  Priceless.  [:D]

Sorry all.  OTBC!! (and England)[/quote]Seconded Andy!!!

Brilliant day!! Getting better better by the minute!!!! [:D]

Great day mind!!!  Being an England fan (for once) I hope the rain stays away!!!To make it a more NCFC thread, how about Norwich players who play a bit of Cricket.Mine has to be Gary Holt!  Good Wiki apparently!!

Cody McDonald apparently is a really good batsmen, played for Witham i think in Essex but obviously can''t now.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Cody McDonald apparently is a really good batsmen, played for Witham i think in Essex but obviously can''t now.[/quote]Saw that a while back.  Of course Chris Sutton can play a bit.

[quote user="Big Bob"]And Joe Lewis.[/quote]There''s been quite a few who have had to make a ''shall I play Cricket or Football'' call and been/are  good enough to make a profession of it.  Dwight Yorke was apparently very very good but chose Football.  This sounds dreadful but the reason I love the profession of Cricket over football is when you see England (Cricket) run on the field, I get the feeling it''s about the game, not money, not being in the papers, simply playing the game for England.  Don''t get me wrong, I love football but I don''t get the same feeling at international level.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Big Bob"]Cody McDonald apparently is a really good batsmen, played for Witham i think in Essex but obviously can''t now.
[/quote]

Saw that a while back.  Of course Chris Sutton can play a bit.

[/quote]

His sister doesn''t like me........

[quote user="Captain Dejan"]I bet you were all doom and gloom after Cardiff weren''t you?[/quote]I still am. Never underestimate the capacity of the England cricket team to turn certain victory into a heroic defeat [:''(]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Captain Dejan"]I bet you were all doom and gloom after Cardiff weren''t you?[/quote]I still am. Never underestimate the capacity of the England cricket team to turn certain victory into a heroic defeat [:''(][/quote]To be frank, in reverse that''s what the Aussies did at Cardiff!!  Tis why the Ashes are the Ashes.  With most series around the world, one can make a fairly accurate prediction...Not the Ashes, anything can happen.  Tis why I feel it''s the best Sport on Sport contest of all.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Great day mind!!!  Being an England fan (for once) I hope the rain stays away!!!

To make it a more NCFC thread, how about Norwich players who play a bit of Cricket.

Mine has to be Gary Holt!  Good Wiki apparently!!

[/quote]

My sons played cricket with Chris and Johnny Sutton, Rob Newman and even Ruel Fox, seen plenty of NCFC players of present and old at the cricket.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Great day mind!!!  Being an England fan (for once) I hope the rain stays away!!!To make it a more NCFC thread, how about Norwich players who play a bit of Cricket.Mine has to be Gary Holt!  Good Wiki apparently!!

[/quote]

My sons played cricket with Chris and Johnny Sutton, Rob Newman and even Ruel Fox, seen plenty of NCFC players of present and old at the cricket.

[/quote]Anyone that stood out Arthur?

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Great day mind!!!  Being an England fan (for once) I hope the rain stays away!!!

To make it a more NCFC thread, how about Norwich players who play a bit of Cricket.

Mine has to be Gary Holt!  Good Wiki apparently!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyone that stood out Arthur?

[/quote]

Rob Newman

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Big Bob"]And Joe Lewis.[/quote]There''s been quite a few who have had to make a ''shall I play Cricket or Football'' call and been/are  good enough to make a profession of it.  Dwight Yorke was apparently very very good but chose Football.  This sounds dreadful but the reason I love the profession of Cricket over football is when you see England (Cricket) run on the field, I get the feeling it''s about the game, not money, not being in the papers, simply playing the game for England.  Don''t get me wrong, I love football but I don''t get the same feeling at international level.[/quote]I also once read an interview of David Beckham the question stated something along the lines of "If not football what career would you have followed?" And replied cricket, so he''s another one.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Captain Dejan"]I bet you were all doom and gloom after Cardiff weren''t you?[/quote]I still am. Never underestimate the capacity of the England cricket team to turn certain victory into a heroic defeat [:''(][/quote]To be frank, in reverse that''s what the Aussies did at Cardiff!!  Tis why the Ashes are the Ashes.  With most series around the world, one can make a fairly accurate prediction...Not the Ashes, anything can happen.  Tis why I feel it''s the best Sport on Sport contest of all.[/quote]Agreed. Plus, im a much better cricketer than footballer!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Captain Dejan"]I bet you were all doom and gloom after Cardiff weren''t you?[/quote]I still am. Never underestimate the capacity of the England cricket team to turn certain victory into a heroic defeat [:''(][/quote]Yep, that''s my approach to things, that way we''re never disappointed...I was out nearly all of yesterday and didn''t get to even look at a telly until this morning, was very pleased to see what happened and love the pics of Ponting on the front of this morning''s papers... Always a joy! Still a long way to go, though......

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Captain Dejan"]I bet you were all doom and gloom after Cardiff weren''t you?[/quote]

I still am. Never underestimate the capacity of the England cricket team to turn certain victory into a heroic defeat [:''(]
[/quote]
Yep, that''s my approach to things, that way we''re never disappointed...

I was out nearly all of yesterday and didn''t get to even look at a telly until this morning, was very pleased to see what happened and love the pics of Ponting on the front of this morning''s papers... Always a joy!

Still a long way to go, though......
[/quote]

Strange that guardian of the "spirit of the game" seems to have forgotten that it involves accepting the umpire''s decision without question,but, yes, Punter''s smacked arse face always makes me smile. Let''s hope we keep the pressure on this morning.

Important we win the second test. Although I would love to see us regain the Ashes, to draw the series would be a good result as the Aussies still seem to whoop everyone elses arses ( and they will probably have Brett Lee back for the next test - that will make a big difference imo ).

Jimmy Anderson was a very promising player with Burnley before turing to cricket.

Darren Gough loved his football, he had a trial with us as a youngster but never came to anything.

[quote user="Graeme Miles"]

Jimmy Anderson was a very promising player with Burnley before turing to cricket.

Darren Gough loved his football, he had a trial with us as a youngster but never came to anything.

[/quote]Hand eye coordination thing I suppose.PS - I would have enforced the follow on.

The looks on the Aussie''s faces followed by Tom Watson''s performance at Turnberry really made my day.

Great sport, Great theatre.

Rather like ....... oh shut up Bly..........

OTBC