Sign in to follow this  
Fig Roll

Albert Adomah

This guy was left out of the Barnet v Arsenal friendly on Saturday due to a niggling ankle injury.  This may very well be true but their manager, responding to a direct question, said on Talksport that there was interest from Norwich but what happened was the decision of the chairman.  Putting 2 and 2 together we could come up with 5 but I''ve got a feeling that this answer may very well be 4!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I think he''d command a decent fee, I.e. £300k plus, perhaps as much as £500k.[/quote]

And he''d be worth every penny.We won''t get him. [:@]

My last ever game was a favour for a coach I''d played with at Birmingham, David Howells, who is manager at Harrow Borough, where Albert Adomah had just joined. I couldn''t help thinking there was something about him as each time he got the ball he caused problems with his trickery and pace. But this was low-level football, although there was something to work with. This being the case I made my way to Barnet last Tuesday. I wasn''t sure what to expect but was surprised at the outcome.

For Harrow he played in three positions but had established himself as a right-winger, although his pace may on occasion be utilised in a more central role. It''s better to be a master of some trades than a jack of all and Adomah is the master of pace, either with or without the ball.

For this lad it''s about learning the game but he''s the type who gets into situations others only dream of because of his pace. When, on occasions, his end product might disappoint, this has to be taken into consideration. He''s positive when he ­receives the ball but needs to get an idea of what to do with it as the move develops, as he had defenders on the back foot and he had to judge when to pass and when to beat his man. When he got the choice right, he was almost unplayable, but on occasions he picked the wrong option.

I''m not saying there was no end product as on occasions the delivery was brilliant. An example of this came after 20 minutes when he skipped between two players in his own half, raced 50 yards and put in a tremendous cross on the run. No one else on the pitch was capable of that.

He''s confident as well – to get the ball off his team-mates to start attacks, but this is where he needs help, either from his centre-­forward who needs to stay out of his space or the full-back choosing the right option of whether to support him or overlap. Once or twice, when space had been denied, his picture seemed to become clouded and he was caught in possession. But on another occasion he made his mind up, came ­inside, beat five players before having his shot blocked – but he put a doubt in the defender''s mind.

This was to bear fruit later in the game as after dropping his shoulder to go inside he knocked the ball past a defender who committed himself and gave a penalty away. It should have won Barnet the game on the night (they drew 3–3 against Grimsby).

He''s strong and not lazy defensively, although his starting position when the opposition are in possession could be better. I would like to see him judge the ball to the centre-forward better, and whether he should join the play or stay wide.

He might easily be taken for granted because he gets himself into tremendous positions because of that undoubted pace. But I hope he and his manager do not do that, given what he has to offer, because this is a player who could do with some extra training to learn the game that little bit better. I think the end result could make that hard work worthwhile. That''s not something I say about everyone I watch.

Age 21

Born Lambeth

Position ­Winger/midfielder

Height 6ft 1in

Weight 11st 8lb

From Harrow Borough

Heading ­7/10

Pace 10/10

Crossing 7½

Passing 7

Team ­responsibility 8/10

Value £300,000

he sounds a bargain...!!!

I would happily see Clingan leave, and the resulting money spent on this guy. Would be a fantastic signing, and we''d finally have some real pace in the side. Just imagine Whaley and Adomah on oppositve flanks with Hoolahan in the middle! It would cause havoc!

With him and Whaley it would definitely give us wide pace.  Where that would leave Pattison and Hoolahan I dont know though.  Actually I do, so lets hope they get sold soon!

[quote user="Admiral Nelson"]Pattison and Hoolahan are on the left side of midfield.

Whaley and Adomah on the right..[/quote]

Hoolahan''s best position is behind the front two with the freedom to roam. Adomah would be much more effective on the left than the latter, Lappin & Pattison.

This is one of three players i said we should be looking at about a month ago, if we could sign him this would proboably restore a lot of confidence in the management team.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]This is one of three players i said we should be looking at about a month ago, if we could sign him this would proboably restore a lot of confidence in the management team.[/quote]

So, Adomah, Whaley and Small?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]This is one of three players i said we should be looking at about a month ago, if we could sign him this would proboably restore a lot of confidence in the management team.[/quote]

Oh, hark at the scouting extraordinaire!I mentioned Adomah here in [url=http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1727368/ShowPost.aspx]this post[/url] well over a month ago, sunshine.

Although (i) the OP admits he is putting 2 + 2 together and (ii) given the clubs supposedly interested I would be surprised if we got him if there is anything in this and we do manage to sign him it would be excellent work and would really get my enthusiasm going ahead of the new season. we have lacked genuine pace for a couple of seasons now and in Whaley and Adomah would address that deficiency.

I presume though that Clingan would have to be sold to fund it.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]1 month and 2 days is not well over a month.But you win the discovery rights well done[/quote]

Thanks, where''s my trophy?  [;)]

Delia Out, those weren''t the three. I wanted Albert Adomah, Danny Livesey and Simeon Jackson.

Fair enough Shyster you win, [:^)] [;)]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Delia Out, those weren''t the three. I wanted Albert Adomah, Danny Livesey and Simeon Jackson.

[/quote]

I just wish Uncle Fester would go all out to gain Adomah''s signature. [:)]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

Ok Legend Iwan, I was just taking a guess [;)]