Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Newcastle United have sold fewer season tickets than us!

It made me smile to read in a Sunday paper yesterday that Newcastle have sold less than 15,000 seasons tickets since their relegation. It made me think of the innumerable times that we have been told by the media that Toon fans are the best in the land and how their blood runs black and white. Best in the country? Die-hard loyal fans? Their dire season ticket sales would suggest otherwise. Glory-hunting, fairweather, Premiership football followers would be a far more apt description.

Apparently the Geordie club''s finances are in such a parlous state, what with pisspoor ticket sales and the loss of that massive Premiership TV revenue, that they might have to go into administration. Where are those wonderful loyal fans when their club needs them most?

Incidentally, how many season tickets have City sold now?

I suppose their argument would be that they dont want to give their money to mike Ashley as he still owns the club. Still, agreed p*ss poor turn out!!

Few weeks to go yet though, and it looks fatty will be bought out and I suspect the total will then skyrocket.

i know alot of thier fans have made a stand and just said we are not happy so no we wont be back next season .

they make thier feelings known .

not like some of the faithfull canary fans who think delia is great .

[quote user="singing canary"]i know alot of thier fans have made a stand and just said we are not happy so no we wont be back next season . they make thier feelings known . not like some of the faithfull canary fans who think delia is great .[/quote]

I remeber before Keegan went back the first time , they had crowds of less than 10,000 - they are not the loyal die hards the media would have you think - When I worked up there and they ere in cup finals , they had season ticket waiting lists and the blokes in my office said they would not dare not renew their season tickets becasue they would never het them back - times change  

Am I the only one who thinks Mike Ashley has got an incredibe raw deal out of all this? What exactly has he done so wrong for all the fans to turn on him?... It seems to me that everyone has just jumped on the bandwagon when Keegan had his little hissy fit and left the club to die after he made a shambles of the transfer window. Yet he is still reguarded as a hero in Newcastle.

As far as I was aware Ashley was pumping around aound 10m into the club every year, he then tried to sell Owen in january and who could baim him for that? And now he''s prepared to sell Newcaslte at the generous price of 100m, so he''s set to lose a hell of alot of money. Please feel free to corret me if im wrong...

I think the reason they were pissed off with Ashley was they felt he should have left Keegan to run the team rather than appointing people such as Wise etc to handle transfers which resulted in Milner being sold from underneath Keegan and players brought in Keegan didn''t really want.

I''m waiting for the usual suspects to come in to this topic spouting about how much more ambitious this makes Newcastle and how they''re true fans for deserting the club to "send a message"

[quote user="Lambo"]I think the reason they were pissed off with Ashley was they felt he should have left Keegan to run the team rather than appointing people such as Wise etc to handle transfers which resulted in Milner being sold from underneath Keegan and players brought in Keegan didn''t really want. I''m waiting for the usual suspects to come in to this topic spouting about how much more ambitious this makes Newcastle and how they''re true fans for deserting the club to "send a message"[/quote]spot on

Newcastle have only been a "big" team in recent Premiership years. Anyone over 30 will remember them being lucky to get more than 20,000 for any game. They are your perfect example of glory hunting fans.

[quote user="jbghost"]Newcastle have only been a "big" team in recent Premiership years. Anyone over 30 will remember them being lucky to get more than 20,000 for any game. They are your perfect example of glory hunting fans.[/quote]

Yes, obviously an age thing.....I remember them winning the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in the 1960''s and the place was full to the rafters then.

Good to see that the Newcastle fans have voted with their wallets.................shame Delia hasn''t recieved the same message from Norwich fans.

Seems to me that Delia has no intention of moving on and the bloke that she has said is looking for a buyer seems to be able to get interest in other clubs but not us. Methinks he has been told not to try too hard and was only announced as being asked to look so that the season ticket sales were healthy.

Cue attacks of disloyalty to the club from others on here..........................................

Why would you want to buy a season ticket with a muppet in charge, no manager in place, talk of that idiot Joe Kinnear going back, not all supporters have tinted glasses, Delia should thank god she has so many with blind faith.

I made this point the other week and was quickly told this is the wrong forum, so look out for the stooges, I thought it had a valid point to be on this thread