14.51 Chris Coleman has admitted Coventry City''s move for Norwich City''s Sammy Clingan might not be dead in the water after all.

taken from sky sports..........

I hate to say it, but i think its a good thing !!

cant see him signing a new contract after this season anyway, have to take the money to rebuild the squad even further !

hopefully can put the money towards a decent striker......

I have to say though, if we sell him for the same kind of fee we did Marshall i''d be far from happy with this transaction.For me, anything below 750k is intolerable. Seeing as the club will try and make up any financial gap left in his transfer by continuing to suck the fans dry of what they have left to give by pulling our heart strings, it''ll be an insult if Clingan isn''t sold for what would be considered an appropriate fee by the majority of City fans.

[quote user="John"]I have to say though, if we sell him for the same kind of fee we did Marshall i''d be far from happy with this transaction.

For me, anything below 750k is intolerable. Seeing as the club will try and make up any financial gap left in his transfer by continuing to suck the fans dry of what they have left to give by pulling our heart strings, it''ll be an insult if Clingan isn''t sold for what would be considered an appropriate fee by the majority of City fans.
[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more! well put

[quote user="John"]I have to say though, if we sell him for the same kind of fee we did Marshall i''d be far from happy with this transaction.

For me, anything below 750k is intolerable. Seeing as the club will try and make up any financial gap left in his transfer by continuing to suck the fans dry of what they have left to give by pulling our heart strings, it''ll be an insult if Clingan isn''t sold for what would be considered an appropriate fee by the majority of City fans.
[/quote]

i think 750k is going to be the likely figure, were a league one club selling a player who has only 1 year to run on his contract.

coventry are not that wealthy either so cant see them breaking the bank. due to current circumstances we will be lucky to recoup 2/3rds of his value.

[quote user="Bryan Bryan Gunn"]

14.51 Chris Coleman has admitted Coventry City''s move for Norwich City''s Sammy Clingan might not be dead in the water after all.

taken from sky sports..........

I hate to say it, but i think its a good thing !!

cant see him signing a new contract after this season anyway, have to take the money to rebuild the squad even further !

hopefully can put the money towards a decent striker......

[/quote]

What makes you think that any receipts will get re-invested?