Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

sky sports ..poor coverage of friendly games .

i was watching sky sports on saturday just to see what was going on in other results as well .

to my surprise norwich was not mentioned once .

no half time score no full time score (unless i missed it!!)

southamtons game was mentioned several times and constant updates .

even kings lynn got a mention .

have they forgot norwich have played some friendlies as well ?

its weird because if you go on bbc website, on our fixtures, we only have one friendly agaist palace according to them.

other teams got a mention lower than us .

they did not mention no score half time or full time but nearly every other game .

even southampton got loads of coverage .

as far as anyone was concerned norwich we not even playing .

[quote user="Mushroom"]

[quote user="glove1"]ANSWER?? BECAUSE WE ARE NOT A BIG TEAM ANYMORE, WE ARE LEAGUE ONE. WELCOME TO REALITY[/quote]

Please don''t hurt me.

[/quote]

the only way i hurt a mushroom is nicely chopped in a spaghetti bolognese!! lol

As far as Sky, BBC & ITV are concerned, Norwich just doesn''t exist.

However, if we do get mentioned, it''s normally under protest.

I was watching The Premiership Years on Sky the other week, & they had the 92-93 season on.

There were a few clips showing "Little Old Norwich" but it was mostly Man Ure & Villa.

According to them, we were well out of the title race by Christmas.

I seem to remember that we were in with a shout until our hopes were pretty much ended by the home defeat in April to Man Ure.

It''s just the Sky way.

Even if we were to win the Premiership ( ha ha ha ha ) Sky would still be talking about Man Ure, Chelski, Scouseland & Arse-anal

You just have to accept that we are & never will be a big enough team for them to worry about.

None Of Our Fixtures Are Listed On Teletext Either! Yet You Have ''Barnsley XI v Some Non-League Team, And A Non-League Team v Another Non-League Team!! What A Disgrace. Our Man U Game Doesn''t Even Get A Mention Either! [:(]

[quote user="JenJen"]None Of Our Fixtures Are Listed On Teletext Either! Yet You Have ''Barnsley XI v Some Non-League Team, And A Non-League Team v Another Non-League Team!! What A Disgrace. Our Man U Game Doesn''t Even Get A Mention Either! [:(][/quote]Why do you start every word with a capital? it''s really hard to read. Anyway they even mentioned the result of Crewe v Nantwich

I think whoever is in control of live fixtures at Sky Sports is a total binner!!! I remember one season, not so long ago, where Ipswich had a inordinate amount of televised games and we had about two. It''s total nonsense and I bet you anything you like those scum bags from down the road will have a lot of coverage this season too. Especially now that they''ve got Roy Keane at the helm. Why he commands so much attention is beyond me......but I guess we reward violent behaviour in sports in the UK. Just take a look at Vinnie Jones!! He''s done alright for himself...ha ha. I seriously think Keane should consider a career as a movie "bad boy"!!

I''ve also noticed this bias against Norwich in the national media, with less and lowerquality coverage than nearly all other teams; maybe it''s part of some greater conspiracy (hmmm... [+o(]) or maybe it''s just our imagination. Do other fans feel the same way about their teams?

Be honest, it has always been like that whoever the Broadcaster/ Publisher. I seem to recall that when we were in Europe, our first games against Vitesse Arnhem were not televised. It was only after we beat them that the BBC picked up the rights and then they had the last laugh as we were the last British team in the UEFA cup that season. I  feel that local TV is also biased against us, they seem mighty pleased that Peterborough and MK Dons are on the up and we are not. I bet both teams receive better coverage than us from next season on.

[quote user="John Morlar"]Be honest, it has always been like that whoever the Broadcaster/ Publisher. I seem to recall that when we were in Europe, our first games against Vitesse Arnhem were not televised. It was only after we beat them that the BBC picked up the rights and then they had the last laugh as we were the last British team in the UEFA cup that season. I  feel that local TV is also biased against us, they seem mighty pleased that Peterborough and MK Dons are on the up and we are not. I bet both teams receive better coverage than us from next season on.[/quote]

Talking about us in europe can anyone remember why the inter milan game was on during the day??? i remember i had to take the day off school to watch it?

I had to go to school that day! my dad had videod the game for me and i had done well to avoid it all day.... me and mate raced out of school at a pace that would of made Usain bolt look slow! we got halfway up Eaton road when some little sod cycled past and said "it finished 1-0 to inter mate...." if i could of pushed him front of an oncoming vehicle i would!

jas :)

If you look though, alot of the teams that they mention and show highlights on are smaller clubs playing bigger clubs and also clubs that are in the news alot recently, hence why there showing alot of southampton stuff lately!

[quote user="John Morlar"]I  feel that local TV is also biased against us, they seem mighty pleased that Peterborough and MK Dons are on the up and we are not. I bet both teams receive better coverage than us from next season on.[/quote]I don''t know about Anglia but Look East seems to have a heavy bias towards you. A few years ago when we were often in and around the play off spots, we got less coverage than you even when you were safe and had nothing to play for. Last season you had more coverage than the build up to Keanes first game in charge on the Friday and you played Reading on the Monday and not the Saturday! They''ve also seemed to drop the patronising "our lower league teams" now you''ve gone down as well. I remember Jeff Stelling getting Ipswich/Noriwch confused a few years ago and he said "it doesn''t matter, they''re both out of the way and places nobody goes!" and I think this sums us both up and the reason we will never be seen as "big clubs" in the medias eyes anyway