Sign in to follow this  
RichT - The Biscuit

Loans....Out not in!!

How many of the kids do you think we''ll loan out this season, I know it depends on how many more we get in but I wouldn''t be suprised to see Dumic, Stephens and Habergham loaned out and possible Steer.

I actually think we should do as this will give them valuable pitch time and help bring them on further.

Does all depend on who else we bring in of course, if we bring in Aksou (or however you spell his name) then I think both Dumic and Stephens will go out on loan.

I see, so it''s ok for us ''loan out'' our players, however, we''re not allowed to touch ''loan ins''

A bit hypocritical isn''t it?

I haven''t said I don''t agree have I??

I personally agree with loans so I''m not hyprocritical in the slightest, I think clubs in our position should take advantage of the system, provided we get players in who care and are better than what we have.

I agree,i''d send out as many as possible as long as they''ve got call backs in it,i think you mean Rudd not Steer as he''s only 15 i think, i''d get a second choice keeper so he could be sent out for the season.

Sorry Rich T. I didn''t present myself very well there.

I didn''t mean you were a hypocrit, i mean''t that it would be hypocritical of the club to loan out players when they have stated the loans don''t work.

That''s the thing with loans, they generally only work in one direction, ie those clubs that want their players to get experience, unfortunately last year we were one of those clubs that wanted to help clubs give their players pitch-time!

If we sign enough, then I think they would benefit, big if though I know!

Still think we might get a couple in last minute though, just got that feeling..........

I Think Dumic And Stephens Have Been Pretty Impressive So Far Considering Their Age. But Then We Do Have Quite A Few Players Allready Who Cover Their Positions, So Maybe They Could Be Sent Out. Not Too Sure About Habergham And Steer Though..........  [:)]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Sorry Rich T. I didn''t present myself very well there. I didn''t mean you were a hypocrit, i mean''t that it would be hypocritical of the club to loan out players when they have stated the loans don''t work.[/quote]

In fairness we said that loans can be useful to ''top up'' the squad... just not the majority of the team!

I just think that it''s the best way to get "game time" for those that you want to develop, and first team football is better than reserve football in terms of competitiveness.

I have seen Dumic and Stephens and from what I have read about the tour they could be real gems for the future, just hope they''re not another couple who show potential but seem to lose it.

Seems to me that for the first time in a long time the production line is working and there is some actual talent coming through, might be a few years before we see the true benefit though.

All a bit hypothetical if no-one wants to borrow the players from us though... Not many more rungs of the ladder to descend to get that all-important game time. Sure, if the players won''t be missed and have recall clauses, I''m all for the youngsters to go out, but we can''t exactly force Clubs to take them, whether it''ll benefit us in the long term or not... 

The whole loan system has turned on its head. It was originally brought in to help out clubs in need. Now it is exploited by the richest clubs at the expense of the less well off. It should be banned with imediate effect! An example ..... David Bentley was on loan at Norwich where he was given Premiership exposure. His value rocketed because of it. We coached him, we trained him, we played him and yes we paid him. It cost us a great deal of cash. He then went to Blackburn on loan before being sold to them for M£7.5. And how many Premiership matches did he play for his parent club Arsenal? Not one! And what did we receive for helping them to develop their player ........ nothing! By developing other club''s players we neglect our own. By developing other club''s players we price them out of our reach, by developing other club''s players we will keep those clubs rich and us poor! Yes Beckham did OK after his loan to Preston .... so did Man Utd. Huckerby and Crouch? How much were they worth before they came to us and how much were they worth after they had been with us. We could probably have afforded both if we hadn''t increased their values, as it was we struggled to buy one. Our young players can gain experience in our Reserves this season, something they couldn''t do last term. Yes it would be hypocritical to loan them out. And anyway if they are loaned out they might be gaining experience but will they still receive the same quality of coaching and benefit by being around better players?